TCL Display (Owner Thread)

tomorrow is ur last chance to experience it… after that, may have to wait till end of November or beginning of December for the next event.
HiSense will be bringing in their UX range this month for launch, which is not on display in Comex for the period. but… probably by mid October, Courts, as well as other 2 major local mega electrical store GainCity and AudioHouse will have their display setups. u can then make ur decision in later days…

when we talk about Pentonic chip, we immediately would think of mid-highs, or premium models that would priced $4000 and above, depending on size.

now be surprised, and excited that the Pentonic700(presumably the MT9618, lower end of Pentonic700) will be in the entry level DirectLED-TV P745 series, but only in the 2500euros 98inch model, not the others.

hmmm… a mid-end entry "C"series 85inch sells directly from TCL comes with a price tag of $2.7k?

the price seems to be targeting towards now priced under $2000 XiaoMI’s 86" buyers attention.

while TCL’s C745 series is in the middle of launch in this 2nd half of 2023,
螢幕擷取畫面 (315)
…HK side had already submitted 2024’s C755 series for Energy Efficiency certification.

this could be the U.S. version of 98P745 that is non-miniLED, without QLED layer but DELSEC with both Dolby Vision and Virtual Atmos.

how will TCL’s “entry ticket” to miniLED display be priced?
here’s a peak @ Malaysian price.

the C755 was expected to be delivered in final quarter of 2023 in SG. however, there isn’t much updates yet.

while i know that with MG/PG card, we can get little extra percentage of discounts…
螢幕擷取畫面 (354)
…i didn’t notice that BLUE CHAS can get as well!

very, very, competitively priced against European list price…
螢幕擷取畫面 (359)
…to me it’s a surprise, as most mainstream marques would tend to set their RRP very high here in SG to juice consumers.
this time round, TCL wins… all the way till CNY’24, a period when potential buyers looking to get new addition to homes for the new year.

TCL’s IJP OLED, InkJet-Printing OLED manufacturing technique is ready for mass production!

a new age of affordable OLED Display is coming, probably in the near end of next year, starting with big screen desktop monitor display.

1 Like

This is exciting news :slight_smile:

TCL’s “entry” into ~100inch class C755 reviewed!
not locally though… from HK.

the list price is currently tagged @HKD$60000 which is about SGD$10k.
SG seems to have the benefit of getting the much higher-end X955 for the moment.

next month, i wonder how the price will be adjusted. i guess we’ll have to lookout not only on TCL’s Lazada/Shopee sales platform update, we’ll have to look at what Courts can offer on price as well!

yes… Courts now house 2 Giant Marques from China,
螢幕擷取畫面 (370)
…HiSense and TCL, that makes XiaoMi the little kaki in Courts!

”World’s Largest" QD-MiniLED gonna be unveiled by TCL in the upcoming CES2024!

how big will it be? for being a consumer grade TELEVISION?

it’ll be mind boggling if consumer spec TELEVISION goes up to 150inch!

however it doesn’t seems to be so, but rather a modular commercial display formed up by 3pc of 86inch panels.

to move a 115inch Display/TV into an apartment is no easy matter siol~~~
螢幕擷取畫面 (382)
on the left, is the requirement on the lift size, if buyer lives in an apartment.
in the middle, is the requirement of the stair space either moving up or down to maneuver to go up another floor or down to basement.
on the right, will be the window height if crane lifting service is engaged.

it’s kind of challenging to identify which model is a mirror to global model and domestic model… especially when in North American market the model reference employs different alphabet and numbering.

here’s a brief introduction to the new TCL models announced for the year’24.

previously in 2023, from the range announced to North American market, we could probably guess that QM8,7,6 is the mirroring of global market C845,C745, and C645, while the S series mirrors the P series. this year there’s no alternate model reference for North American market to mirror X955, C805 and C755 which was announced earlier to global markets.

hence thru the report in above link, my guess will be…
QM891 mirrors X955 (or X11G for China domestic market)
QM851 mirrors C855/805
QM751 mirrors C755
QM651 mirrors C655
S551 to mirror P755(judging from the past years’ release reference)

Sound & Vision Mag’s video…

…on CES2024 TCL’s products.

those who had been following on TCL Xtra-Large display product development, should had known that beside X955 series is to be launch and available locally this year, also includes the C855/805, C755 series.
so far we only see 98X955 taking orders, while 115X955 is ready for order only thru TCL special arrangement. where are the C755 and C855/805? especially when Malaysia expected price was leaked months ago?

an encounter in Malaysia Lazada TCL’s Official Store make me realize where the problem falls.
PRICING!!! how to decide what kind of price to fit local market such that it won’t undercut the attentions and effort they trying to achieve in clearing old stocks!

Malaysia’s price comes close to SGD$8k w/2yrs Warranty.
TCL SG is currently clearing their stockhold of 98C735(2022 model) @ SGD$7.5k w/3yrs Warranty.
let’s say… if TCL SG charges $300 for additional 1yr coverage, would interested buyers be willing to top $800 for the new model with miniLED?

yah… that’s where the problem lies that affects the delay.
anyway… SG market practice for new model launch and replacement always starts from June. that would give TCL a 3mths window for them to send their samples to NEA for Energy Efficiency Assessment as well as stocking up. so… we shall wait and see while probably drooling as Malaysia and HongKong market got their new toys.

what is right?

screen cap from the global website.

what is wrong?

screen cap from the SG website.

it’s not wrong to state that P/C#5# belongs to MYr’23* because some of the models was already launched and released in selected markets in the late/end of yr’23. in SG, only P745 and X955 was launched, orders started taking in december and january deliveries expected to be executed in 1st Quarter of yr’24.
*(manufacture year)

what strikes my interest is that, C955 is planned for SG, while C855 removed? C955 is currently sold in Japan, the only market in Asia Pacific.

…or… had the TCL SG I.T./Sales and Marketing team got the models mixed up? only further updates thru NEA website can confirm.

by the way, 2024’s C7 series will be miniLED based.

probably someone here or a visiting lurker had alerted TCL after i make the post on C755 absence on Friday…

here it is! priced to take on PHILIPS 65OLED708, and PRISM+ 65AL.
65C755 priced @ $2.8k is… hmmm… what are the price of miniLEDs from Japanese marque, SHARP’s 4T-C65FV1X and SONY’s 65x95L now?