100" TV screen sooner than expected

this is the part that bugs me.
if we’re just to look at the size of lighting diode, miniLED is certainly more energy efficient. but, when numbers of diodes factor comes in, wouldn’t there be much more lighting diodes in a miniLED TV of a specific size compared to another typical LED TV of the same size?
then… having more lighting diodes in miniLED would consume more power than typical LED?
hmmm… mind boggling…

reasonable doubt.
if the tests were really done so by engaging eco-mode… the NEA’s assessment team should deserve a spank on the butt.
ECO-mode is suppressed on certain setting in some way, and such suppressed settings wouldn’t work well in certain environments.

oddly… this one and only microLED mega display which is open for public acquisition…
https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/tv-and-audio/tvs-en-2/tvs-en-3/samsung-mna110ms-110-inch-micro-led-smart-tv-mna110ms1acxxs.html
…is not listed in NEA’s En-Ef-A site. hence… we couldn’t really see the energy efficiency score.

no wonder…
螢幕擷取畫面 (343)
…this is classified/categorized as Home Computer System, which is not a search option in the Energy Efficiency Assessment site!

[quote=“Ed.YANG, post:68, topic:498, full:true”]

螢幕擷取畫面 (342) [/quote]
@ $4000 after ecoupon applied… it’s hard for folks to resist to jump into the MEGA Display pool. but, read and check carefully on the specs, especially on the measurement! u may able to acquire, but u may not be able to get delivered.

in search of “close~100inch” models introduce into local market this year…
螢幕擷取畫面 (361)
…something odd is seen here.

Where’s TCL?
i found 2 TCL’s close 100" model listing in the alternate sales platform @ Lazada. one is the 98X955 which i had mentioned in the TCL thread, another, the entry model 98P745 as shown in the Malaysian RRP intro picture shown above. both 98X955 and 98P745 discovered claims to have 3yrs full warranty coverage from TCL SG.
as most of you should know, the middle number in the 3 digit model reference signifies the targeted year of launch, 4 represents this year, 5 signifies 2024. since both models were not listed in the NEA’s page, i assume that the representing dealer for these 2 models are listing the products in Lazada for the purpose of taking orders and delivery commence in 2024.

by the way… TCL’s entry to “close 100” entry model in specs close to PRISM+ 100" with Quantum Dot layer but with different SoC, is $3+++ more expensive than PRISM+. does Pentonic700 worth such a big difference? it would be up to individuals…

after brewing for 20mths since it’s initial launch in domestic market of China, XiaoMI’s 100inch make is ready to step out globally following the trends set by the Giant marques lead by TCL and HiSense as well as SkyWorth.

their first step will be through HongKong.

from the near HKD$20k listing price, it’s not hard to determine that the backlight tech will be 99% typical direct LED backlight rather than miniLED that would cost much more.
for the moment, units shipped to HK’s XiaoMI Official stores will come with XiaoMI TV Stick as well as alternate choice of Fire TV Stick, as the TV unit itself comes with XiaoMI proprietary OS.

Linus got himself a Xmas gift!

from China, the domestic version of 115X955!
this clip is an unboxing video, full review shall follow in later date.

aww… change of plan…

the 115 incher was originally planned to be installed in production team’s office. after some calculations and considerations…

…the Giant Display stays foot in Linus residence!
KIDS REJOICE!!!
they can now learn “How to Train My Dragon”!!!

new swimmer jumps into the 100" pool!!! who?
a Jippunkia !!!

SHARP’s first 100inch TV! it’s just only… currently limited to mainland China market.
https://detail.zol.com.cn/digital_tv/index1971151.shtml
https://detail.zol.com.cn/1972/1971151/pic.shtml
a look into the specs,
https://detail.zol.com.cn/1972/1971151/param.shtml
the absence of SHARP’s image processing “engine”, and not yet “clear” identity of backlight type, suggest that this 100inch product is highly possible a rebadge/OEM base on other maker product.

SHARP is not new breaking the 100" barrier. should u have rough idea, SHARP made a 8K 120" display that only supplies to business sector. and it is still selling in small limited numbers, due to slow demand over their exorbitant price.

however, when u look hard into the aesthetic design, it’s not hard to notice “design language” that resonates to HiSense.

a peek on what’s coming from HiSense this “N” year to global markets, beside the 110" UX-N.

what’s missing in the picture are the 50" U6N and 100" U7N,

which according to the report here, is re-model referenced as 100U76N for U.S. market.

year “N” UX series do not have “on point” 100inch model as that “breaking 100” throne is reserved for the 110UX-N.

instead, interested buyers will get the option to go for “close to 100” 98inch make from the UX series.

while in the report, 6000nits in brightness score is expected to be the year to year upgrade… i would expect on something else, such as the improvement on picture engine.

:grin: buyer’s regret? :grin:

the only thing to blame… lack of patience to wait?

to whoever had drawn out their CPF concerns…

…if you’ve $27K to splurge on a gigantic display for immersive experience…
remember to put down ur window curtains and blinds when watching prawn… u wouldn’t wanna scare the poor kinds in the opposite side of ur block with sausage and abalones, right?

1 Like

nowadays when we mentioned about 100" screens, the Chinese marque of both TCL and HiSense comes into mind. then, those who follows local OEM like PRISM+ will be able to call out one such mega sized model… without thinking further whether the mainstream marques like SONY and SAMSUNG or LG had their offerings to the market.
actually, both LG & SAMSUNG did have close 100" makes introduced into the market in the past but due to their price… and not much consumers have confidence that such a price is justifiable for a product that may not last that long in ownership and usage, as well as delivery challenges, the market response is cold.

SONY jumped late into the close 100" pool with their 98X90L in U.S. and selected Asian market, with exclusion of local market. from the size of the screen, i guess the panel is supplied by CSOT of TCL as CSOT supplies to SAMSUNG as well.

while i have no idea how HiSense do their business in U.S. market…

…in local scene, it makes logical sense that HiSense can do a “sales halt” whenever their appointed retailers put up their new products in respective website listings.

such “halt” can often have good strong reason such as “un-confirmed pricing” or “1st batch inventory low” to back them up. however to some on-lookers, it’s “u know i know” generation of HYPE!

TCL just opened a concept store at Northpoint City basement this week. For those interested to take a look at their big screen TV offering.

not 100" or any size close… but from PHILIPS, their 2nd largest TV in history, should be sized deliverable to buyers who dwell in HDB blocks with lift size that could accommodate…

…a 86incher!
for the moment, the product page is not up for access to see through on specification and features. the only thing that can be confirmed is that, PQT designation is to indicate that this is a QLED display with Quantum Dot layer, while the ‘3’ could likely to indicate that it could b a higher refresh rate panel… which i assume could be 120Hz that is mature by now.

Paid a visit today. If you are expecting a nice showroom to showcase their TVs, you will be disappointed. There were 3 TVs on display, two in the shop, which by the way is very small. The 98" was displayed as a window display. You will see it through the shop display glass which makes it worse and has even more reflection. The content that was being demoed was extremely bad and does not do any justice at all. When I asked to change to better content, they tried to steam 1080p content from youtube. Sigh, have to say I came away with a not being impressed at all with the quality as its not even setup properly to showcase their high end product

1 Like

i personally wouldn’t expect a TCL shop to be “how flagship” if compared to PRISM+. at least the latter have “true” brick and mortar shop to accommodate their product of different sizes and categories. HiSense is considerably much better than TCL… of course that would come with a little price more