Demo and catch up at Roni’s

I have finally completed the work….

Very challenging with ceiling and Atmos. Luckily the original MA ceiling speakers came with the black breathable fabric speaker cover, so I could remove the grill and use this…

The video is absolutely stunning now

I’m literally staring at an 135” OLED now….

Very very good once we get the light bleed under control…

Very satisfied now… really tiring especially ceiling work but worth it …

There is really a huge difference between black and ultra black material. The latter improves colour and contrast by a significant margin.

I can imagine the quality of video in a dedicated pitch black room. I now have a better understanding of the type of black material that will make a difference to video, after all that comparison and testing…

16:9 aspect ratio is so nice. Definitely prefer this aspect ratio over 2:39

The image above is from the documentary “tiny” Apple TV +…

If u haven’t watched this, definitely check it out, very nice video and audio, u will enjoy it !!

Taken from a distance right at the end corner of the room….

To give you an understanding of how it looks , no more light reflecting off the previous curtains like the one circled in red below :point_down:

Can still see some reflection going on at the bottom section where the rest of the gear is situated.

Ideally, if we can move the gear to the sides, that’s also nicer to some extent u have nothing blocking the phantom image from left and right speakers for stereo .

In my situation above, moving the gear away from that location is not possible at the moment

Does it seem that only the 1500mmx1000mm is pure black light-absorbing?

Yes it is, only the 1500mm version is good to go, I think they have a max 3000mm x 1500mm, anything that is more is not using the same material…… and it’s about only $22 for the 3x1.5m version… so make sure to check and get the correct version

Here is one demo clip, the Batman 2022 in HDR10 Atmos. This scene has a very special type of effect when car crashes, if you have wide speakers, you will enjoy this one! The Rumble from Batmobile is syok and machine gun bullets spraying… syok!!

somehow not able to cut out for DV + Atmos

MKV container works for Atmos but doesn’t for Dolby Vision
TS container works for DV but doesn’t for Atmos. (not sure if its the oppo/file/software)

nonethelese, the car chase scene is demo worthy! adding it to my collections together with Need for Speed , solid!!

Enjoy!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_DaGXbjksy0Qj2fpi1mr0V8ccn2ayYa/view?usp=sharing

5 Likes

Much appreciated brother

1 Like

lol concidence just demo this scene 1 hour 19mins ( batman car engine start roaringgggggggggg)
with need for speed clip together to 2 bros earlier on. POW WOW :slight_smile:

Reference demo cinematic scene! :slight_smile:

PS: Thanks bro sharing always !

2 Likes

Superb!! Thumb’s Up, buddy!!!

1 Like

Nice! Did not really like the movie much but excellent test scene never the less.
Thanks for cutting this… good to have when checking calibration.

1 Like

After a long time, I finally upgraded the sofa to theatre type of sofa, and I must say I’m extremely satisfied with the upgrade.

Before that, I headed down to king living, I had a budget of $10k for HT chairs. The king living ones were like $12k ! So ex!

Then I came across, comfy. No turning back after that. It’s 1/3 the price and it’s so so comfortable, best of all, crowsons fit nicely

New carpets, dark gray, in the living room. Thanks to roborock S7, the entire place is spick and span and robot vacuum is fantastic for carpets. So one less headache.

You can mix and match, has compartment for drinks, charging, power sockets for massager, lights, remote compartment and superb dual recliner, for headrest and leg rest

Very nice, I can now tilt to exact location so viewing is so much more comfortable

Highly recommended, this place is in woodlands, comfy

2 Likes

For crowsons

I tookout the original footers, as easy as turning the screws left and dismantling it.

Then

I went with mounting of the actuators in front, it’s something new as the tactile energy now transfers to both back and recliner, it now sits beneath the front footers of the sofa instead of the back. I removed the plywood platform

Crowsons now sit directly on the piece of wooden structure from the sofa., circled in green

The rest of the footers are replaced with the Hudson’s isolator

Tested my familiar scene, gravity…

Most of the special effects were present, except for one type, where the pod spins, u should feel the chair tactility moving in circular motion, that was missing. Other than that, the whooshing etc was ever present. First mute the processor, feel the crowsons, then unmute the processor, whoosh subwoofer energy hits past your body. No issues of crowsons over riding subwoofer energy. So thats a pass.

I’d say it pass the overall test. It wasn’t as good as having the plywood platform , but it was ok. So I decided not to have any plywood platform beneath the sofa.

Very comfortable HT sofa with crowsons. If u r contemplating new theatre seats, check out comfy. Very nice . Affordable and good quality

** satisfied customer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes, with the Hudson’s , the entire sofa is a lot more “bouncier” , much nicer now. U get that bouncy feel when u sit on it.

Exactly where I want it to be…

Sofa is bouncy…

Bass line array is bouncy type bass….

The bouncy type of bass, is the opposite of hard hitting bass… not sure how else to describe the signature

But Bouncy bouncy is syok!

2 Likes

Yes, I bought my current sofa from them 2 yrs ago. Their price is quite attractive. I’ll get from them again if I ever need to upgrade my sofa.

1 Like

Oh, u got it from them, nice !

USA Leggett & Platt Mechanism

All of our comfy sofas includes a Leggett & Platt Reclining Mechanism within it. A true market leader in the USA, Leggett & Platt produces a strong unit that can withstand more than a 159kg load and 35,000 full motions and will keep on reclining.

Not bad actually, quality is good

1 yr on electrical parts
2 yrs on wooden structure
5 yrs on mechanism

My friend was using king living, older model, lotsa issues with the mechanism . He said have to buy the additional warranty, else headache . But luckily I chance upon comfy, not bad really for the price

1 Like

Wow, sofa got an upgrade! :+1:

1 Like

It’s nice, when listening to 2 channel music, u can bring down the headrest . So there is no reflection off the sofa

Whilst watching movie, u can tilt to match your viewing angle from “x” distance, so that’s good

Finally, with the crowsons now mounted in front of the footers, the tactile energy moves two ways, towards the recliner leg rest, and to the back. There is a nice balance there. The entire sofa still moves right to left on gravity scene when I was testing it. So 4 actuators were adequate for 3 seater sofa

I prefer a mild tactile transfer to the sofa from the actuators, otherwise if too much it feels really awkward like a ride in the park

Last year I had the opportunity to visit one member, to check out the calibrated JVC N7, before I bought the LG laser PJ. I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on anything, because 2-3 years back when I demoed the out of the box non calibrated N7, I wasn’t impressed at all for its price. So I had to check out how a calibrated N7 looked on screen, answer was still the same.

But during that visit, the environment in his theatre room and seats caught my attention instead. When I walked into his theatre room, it was so refreshing, clean, decluttered, neat & comfortable . It gave me the feeling of “wow” this room is so so relaxing … immediately I realised what was missing in my set up….his theatre room was so nice and you get that feeling u want to stay in the room forever! This is something I’ve never experienced visiting so many theatre rooms… comfort and relaxing is the key…. So so nice, his entire front stage is decluttered and he had his equipment right to the back of MLP and some at the sides

That’s the benefit of visiting and demoing different set up, u get to see how others have done it and u take the positives out of it and try to implement it at your own place, if possible…

That was when I realised… the first thing that needs to change, isn’t my speakers, or subwoofers or PJ or screen, it was the Home theatre seats! That made a huge difference to the movie experience. He had crowsons on as well, but the mood totally changed when I stepped into his theatre room. The best I would say. So that was the key moment when I decided, ok this sofa thing does make a difference, comfort is equally important when watching a movie or listening to music. That sofa/chair, is gonna transform the experience …and soon I followed his footsteps …

And his rug… was super soft and comfy… damn !! Was so good and comfortable…

Very important lesson I learnt, the room, the environment, the chair… it sets the mood

1 Like

Yes. Isn’t that nice. Personally I was always squinch whenever i need to change my sofa. I always go to HTL, Comfy, Cellini and have ended up with HTL 3 times. I can’t n seem to find one I like in Comfy despite liking their n device.

This time round, though, received a King Living Cloud V as a present. So in a way, fated. A little bit apprehensive about the reliability, as usual good and bad experience galore, but guess will see how mine turn up.

1 Like

Ya! That’s the one I checked out, cloud V! Looks very nice and elegant, my first choice… i went straight to the showroom, but price was $12k, slightly over my budget by $2k… so I waited and explored further…

I got a similar design(adjustable headrest and recliner) with the comfy…

Lotsa nice combinations with the comfy, he showed me different options and configurations

In the end, we went with model “candy modular “… couldn’t believe it was 1/3 the price of King Living, $3.8k vs $12k ! It was a no brainer decision… we confirmed the comfy unit on the spot

Initially I came across this online below

It looked very much like the Valencia HT chairs I saw online… that’s how I came across this company comfy….

1 Like