Demo and catch up at Roni’s

Can use WD40 to clean off the residues too

1 Like

Does this means acoustically transparent?
I’m trying to source AT cloth to cover up my DIY room treatment absorbers - hv to be AT else the sound bounces off vs getting absorbed

No no, I doubt it’s ideal to to be used as fabric for acoustic bass traps. It does seem to have absorption properties more than reflective, but for acoustic purposes, that’s something that is not being evaluated

I’m using Titch acoustic fabric for my ceiling panels

Where to get acoustic absorption material? Thanks

Simple rock wool will do, cheap 6pcs of 1” 120x60cm goes for just $24

1 Like

Is it this Titch Interior Textile company?

Yes it is. I bought from there

Tidying up slowly, the first layer. It still extends light up 2m from screen. Unfortunately I will only do up to 140cm from screen

There are front top Atmos speakers, so not doing the second layer

Loving the improvements, slowly but surely…. It’s getting better and better with these minor improvements

I do one 60x60 block a day… slowly whenever I’m free… Mrs is supportive…

Overall very satisfied with this improvement

Gambate!

U really have a very understanding missus.

Mine would have red carded me if i did that. Maybe the red card will come already if i put pj in living room lol :rofl:

:grimacing::grimacing: … Mrs has been Very supportive with my hobby

I’m changing the curtains next.

The existing ones are like 5 years old now, about time.

Gonna automate it with the SwitchBot curtain and using ultra black curtain this time.

Can still see some light off the sides… after the changes it should look nicer… looking forward

I used SwitchBot always can’t fully close even after multiple attempts to recalibrate, alignment always run. Ymmv

Ya I think so too, and if the curtains is too heavy, it’s a problem !! I tried, it cannot close properly…. Same experience

I’ve lined up the fabric from left to right , lightest to blackest black

The one on the left is the one Used to wrap the rockwool, followed by the velvet I got online earlier for the speakers, then there is the one recommended by win win from Lazada, then It’s yandood from amazon and last far right is spandex velvet from spotlight

The yandood has got adhesive so normally used at the edges of the frame.

The one from Lazada, is quite good, thin and allows more air flow whilst doing an excellent job at light absorption. It’s the one recommended by winwin here Pure Black Light Absorbing Cloth Small Product Shooting Pure Black Background Cloth Non-reflective Background Cloth

When I tried to hold it and used my mouth to blow through the fabric, I could feel more air on the other hand, whereas the spotlight material whilst being the darkest along the lot, doesn’t allow as much air through

So I’m using the Lazada version for the ceiling circled in red here

Quite happy with the one from laZada for acoustics purposes.

Overall all 3 from right does an excellent job with light absorption , the first 2 fabric shown from left is not as good.

1 Like

In case anyone is wondering what we are doing, with all these black fabric and ultra black… here is a simple video that explains everything in 10 seconds

1 Like

Ha. This is something that I wanted, black curtain. But I let the queen of the home choose the color instead. My objective was to fully block out the light, without compromising her decision in the color. I a bit LL then when she did not go for black. Looks like I’ll wait for another 5 years down Liao since she knows the benefit now too. :rofl:

Hahaha… for the past year or so, we have been watching Korean dramas together, at night… when she sees it, she will understand where we are coming from… so the trick is to get her to watch together, then explain…

See that guy, not so handsome anymore, too much light on his face and looks wash out, cant see his features properly… he is actually young, but because of the light spill, hair doesn’t look as black, not so handsome already….

Slowly explain… then she will understand…Like that la bro….suddenly automatically will ok … hahahahaha

1 Like

Had a chance to take a pic last night, as u can see above, partially done, will get the curtains changed as well. Although it’s a very heavy blackout curtain, it blocks light from external source… but doesn’t absorb light reflecting off internally from the PJ as u can see

But since I have similar material for the balcony, covering the glass window, that should suffice for acoustic purposes. These glass windows are not good for sound, a layer of thick curtain helps here

So I only need a thin layer of ultra black curtains when watching movie to allow smooth process of closing and opening during the day to allow sunlight in where it should be easier for the SwitchBot to navigate

Improving along the way… hope this helps

Put another curtain track behind or in front. Watch movie use black…:grinning::grinning:

If your children like motorised, motorised it. Children happy wife happy​:grinning::grinning:

1 Like