*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

The good, the bad, and the ugly…

1 Like

They finally sent him one to test. He was complaining that they hadn’t sent him despite promising to

Hehehe!!!

Finally after 2 yrs that he promised to release a ARC Genesis setup tutorial.

Mind you, some of the steps shared by him are a bit controversial and kind of what Anthem advocated, particularly for changing target level and drastic change in the high freq roll-off point in the WebUI. That is not to say that there is no merit in his approach. For the rest of his exposition, it is fine.

Hi guys, I tried the new firmware update and the fan noise is really fixed I love it. I wanted to change the internal fans but no more. I have new found respect for the ARC team for fixing this without touching any of the hardware on my MRX 540. I wonder if they can do improvement on the sound quality and bass. I mean its already excellent but maybe it can be much better.

1 Like

Glad to hear that…

Actually, there are so many ways to tweak the settings in the ARC s/w…most of us barely scratch the surface yet. Besides the ones mentioned in the video by Steven (Home Theatre Guru), there are other ways too.

I have asked Steven to add in the missing phase alignment portion and also to add the visuals on proper mic placement. He’ll replace this version with the new one soon. He’ll also answer my queries regarding the output level adjustment AFTER ARC calibration and why he thinks it works to get the response to the intended target curve.

3 Likes

Anthem Room Correction mic placement recommended by Paradigm.

Symmetrically spaced a Min 2 feet from MLP.

Compared to Audyssey
Recommends keeping all measurements within 60cm (max 2 feet) of the first position ( 8 positions).

Hmmm…

Time to recalibrate…when my Sub arrives…mine is diagram 2.

All at ear level?

The ARC website says varying the mic 1/2-1ft above and below position 1 to create 3D bubble,…

Just vary the height and angle by a foot (as described) and yes, it can be at ear level. The varying height is to depict and accommodate the inclination of the seat/recliner.

Decided to redo the calibration… 8pt measurements.
A surprising result… more may not necessarily be better…
The red line is with front and back subs.
The yellow is with just the front…

Turns out using both front and back cause a nasty dip at 59Hz !!

The heat map is quite decent… most freq dies out within 200ms
Two peaked at 20Hz = 600ms and 41Hz=450ms (room node).

This latest config is the best sounding yet

3 Likes

@ricky101 - Let me know if you do welcome me to visit and have a listen to your Anthem setup. DM me.

This is an update on the Roon certification gor the 4th gen models

Thanks to bro @ricky101 for allowing me to hear his setup. I enjoyed very much. Those who want to experience the Arendal 1723 SV subwoofers can pay him a visit.

Sorry for eating into your lunch time with family members.

2 Likes

What is the price for 1140 8k?
Does it support 7.1.6 or 5.1.6 ?

I can only find 4 height speakers setup in the manual

Yes, it support the spk layouts you described. For price, pls check with Avind from E77 or The Experts Group via email.

Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Workshop

I am planning to do an ARC Genesis workshop to impart what i have learned to the members here. This is not going to be a very technical workshop but rather to share what are the things to look out for and key settings to adjust to make your system sound better.

As my place is small and not conducive to conduct a workshop, hence I am looking for any existing Anthem owners who has a bigger real estate and do not mind open your place for members to join in. More importantly, do not mind me making some modification to your ARC settings. You can drop me a private chat to discuss.

I will share more if this workshop ever materialise.

2 Likes