*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

I also wondered why you start with 1.6.5? In retrospect, there are altogether 3 versions of beta that came out before v1.6.10 that Anthem decided to settle in. First one is 1.6.1 beta which introduced the auto-phase correction. Anthem then released 1.6.5 about a week later followed by a disastrous version 1.6.9 which was taken down almost as fast as it put up for the community to test. Almost 3 days later, version 1.6.10 came out and since then I am very happy with the results. The auto-phase correction probably needs more work but AFAIK, handling subwoofers in a pair worked really well.

saw bro Bryan put up his MP50 for sell in carousell, lol

:sob: :sob: :sob: . ….

I actually read the AVS forum, most users recommended 1.6.5… that is why I started with 1.6.5. Huhu… really cry……

Should have gone with 1.6.10….better late than never… luckily I tested 1.6.10, no regrets. Extra work done but luckily it works.

So good 1.6.10, all blending of subs automatically sum in phase! Timing and polarity is all correct. No need to worry or fiddle with any setting, that is how the room correction software should work. Make life easy for the users. Relative distance is also all calculated correctly, so good. Then now it makes sense to get AVM90 over AVM70 if using 4 dedicated subs

Very happy now it is working correctly at least for 4 sub users like us

Phewwwww…. Nice

If anyone has done multi sub blending with 1.6.5, it is worth another effort Re-calibrating the system using 1.6.10. U will be pleased with the end results

2 Likes

Ya ya…. Damn solid la bro AVM90! Very satisfied , quality is solid!

Energy oomph levels :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2: Power! No horse run

2 Likes

You mean he “secretly” did that and didn’t put up sale in this forum? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Glad to see you became an Anthem user…with your knowledge and thirst for tweaking to the max, I’ll expect more contributions from you in this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hear hear…for those on the fence whether to jump on the beta firmware. I guess bro Bryan’s in depth review and analysis says it all.

I wait till anthem avm100 or 120. :crazy_face: hahahahha

1 Like

Happy for you bro, can tell you are really satisfied with 90, the long wait paid off…

lol, secretly or not, I leave to bro Bryan to defend himself…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Lol… secret wars….

One question, what are your experiences using single mic placement all throughout 5 measurements ?

That means placing the microphone at the sweet spot for all 5 measurements, don’t need to move left right or change heights

Has anyone tried this approach ? If let’s say u only have 1 sweet spot ?

No, I will NOT do that. By varying the height and at different positions from the sweet spot allows Anthem to construct a proper “3D-mapping” of the room size that deals with spatiality.

2 Likes

Thanks Desray!

Someone pointed out the answers to the questions above are on the anthem Q&A website

Don’t Make These Common Mistakes!

• NEVER measure all five positions at the same location—the differences in the acoustic response at the five measurement locations are what allows ARC to understand the acoustic signature of your room.

• NEVER place the 2nd through 5th positions at the four corners of the room—don’t do it! There doesn’t need to be much distance between microphone locations for ARC to understand a room’s acoustic signature. Long distances between measurement positions adversely impact your final room corrections.

• WHENEVER POSSIBLE, do not place the 2nd through 5th positions further than three feet (90cm) away from the 1st position—a symmetrical pattern of spots around the first location is more important than putting the microphone at each listening position throughout the room.

Yep…mine is a simplified version of those points :P.

1 Like

Hi Bro Desray
Apologies for the tardiness.
I bought the AVM90 at the same time as Bro Ronildoq. Similarly, I had been using the Lyngdorf MP 50 Processor.

1 Like

No apology needed…just want to know who else here own AVM90 as I know there is about 5 if my memory serves me right.

enjoy and renew. :smiley:

DJ, no issues dolby Atmos ATV4K on AVM90 ! No static buzzing like MP50 on new firmware

But there is a new release hopefully that solves it

I took a similar approach, I didn’t use any video out from the AVM90.

All video goes into VRROOM and straight to the PJ to take advantage of LLDV processing

Only audio signal goes through the AVM90

Looks like I don’t need to use eARC function since the processor is so good for music, I can just play it back from Xbox to AVM90, don’t need to use Oppo 205 for YouTube music video

Next gotta hook up crowsons.

How are u guys doing it for crowsons ? It looks like the maximum Low pass filter from the AVM90 is 40hz….

We normally use the crowsons with minidsp using a 10hz / 15hz Butterworth filter like this below

It looks like minidsp 2x4hd for crowsons still a must because of the options for 15hz Butterworth filter on minidsp that is not available on the AVM90

I set 10hz for low pass, ya, minidsp is still needed, and don’t forget BEQ…lol

2 Likes

I have now completed 7 rounds of different profile calibration using 1.6.10, even using the single mic placement option, 30cm mic placement; 60cm, the results are very consistent .

I even changed the delays manually on the subs amplifiers etc but the results are still very consistent and it somehow is able to adjust back to the desired targets, decay and THD.

Very good, confirmed 1.6.10 is the version to use for now.

Everytime I finish the calibration, the results are almost identical, very close and consistent

No such splashy sound or weird sound as reported in AVS forum by some members . It was spot on correct 10/10 times

Only thing left is the blending of subs to mains now…

Last night I did one more round of checking,

The dolby Atmos gaming sounds beautiful, damn solid processing. The Atmos processing is a few levels up compared to my previous MP50. The image panning, clarity and energy levels is nothing I’ve heard before when using 6 height speakers

Can’t wait to watch this with top gun Maverick

A lot of HT fans will love this anthem, especially the Horn speaker type of users, oomph levels :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

1 Like