*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

soon we can see a comparison btw Lyngdorf vs Anthem :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Still keeping the lyngdorf now. Will compare before I sell off one of it. Most likely I suspect the lyngdorf will have to go…

Taking the opportunity to clean and re-organise all the cables again…

Fuu… backache soon think about the cables behind … sweat :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Jia you jia you!

1 Like

How… This week, can all the group buy buyers sleep well anot? If i am one, I will be so excited that every night dream abt it :laughing:

2 Likes

with all the huge respect to anthem products the lyngdorf is another level from anthem.

:scream::scream: really?

I’m using the lyngdorf MP50 for 3 years now, I had the opportunity to compare it against a 7.1 Oppo 205 using the sabre DACs, what I noticed was the bass details weren’t as good as the Oppo 205. Midrange Clarity and vocals is also superior on the Oppo 205 using the sabre DACs. That was compared with room EQ turned on and off on lyngdorf , on both occasions, the 7.1 Oppo was superior in many ways… the only benefit I found with the lyngdorf was the ability to assign all 4 subs to individual channels, ie, left subs to left speakers, and right subs to right speakers and surround backs to the back subs… that created something called “physchoacoustic bass steering” that is some what unique with the lyngdorf processors … the bulk of the energy moves in tandem with on screen action…that creates a lot of whooshing energy sweeping pass body types of effects when LFE kicks in… kinda special

Of course the Oppo 205 is not the anthem, which is the main the reason I got the anthem AVM90. I just feel it might …. Might be better than the Lyngdorf… I’m not sure at this stage, I’ll know next week once I have both units to compare side by side…

In any case, I will have to sell one of it once I’ve established which suits my need better

I must admit the physchoacoustic bass steering from the lyngdorf is very addictive , but so is clarity and bass details from sabre DACs 9038 that can do 140db dynamic range… so it’s a tough call….

Before I switched to Lingdorf I had an MRX-1140 which I really liked but due to the desire to switch to a processor I replaced the 1140 with an AVM-70.
The truth is that I did not really feel a significant difference between the 1140 and the AVM-70.Maybe slightly better separations but not something that created an advantage for the AVM-70 significantly compared to the 1140.
When it came to my dealer the AVM-90 of course I compared it to the AVM-70 and the improvement was immediate compared to the AVM-70 especially in dual channels and in cinema the AVM-90 sounded a bit more open and less dry Separations more noticeable especially in the height dimension Something dramatic that justified for me the extra charge for the AVM-90.
My dealer offered to test the Lingdorf MP-40.
The calibration was performed with the help of a professional calibrator and was very different in approach and calibration method.
Instead of measuring around the listening area the measurements were taken randomly in the room and throughout the room.
The result I got is nothing short of amazing and insane.
The bass is insane and coherent and the separations are amazing and all the integration of the speakers with the subwoofers is something I have never heard before and all this at the push of a button without any intervention from me.
For me and in my opinion the result of the ROOM-PERFECT is something unbelievable and this is how friends who visited me in my listening space felt and most of them have an anthem including AVM-70 and AVM-90.
This does not mean that the anthem is not good God forbid … the anthem is an amazing product by all accounts and has no competitors but … the enemy of the good is the excellent.

3 Likes

I’m actually more excited for the holidays with the family, after such a long time , more so than tinkering with the system… come to think of it… damn tiring to re organise and tidy up the cables all over again and recalibrating the whole thing all over again…etc… fuu… getting old… thank god I have jotted down all the best settings from previous exercises , so that’s a relief…. Should not take long… just eager to find out the signature on this anthem…

I’ve now used, audyssey, Dirac, accueq, YPAO, room perfect and this will be new, anthem room correction…so it will be a good experience to explore ARC… let’s see… very excited … lotsa positive reviews everyday on fb, forums, online reviews…

1 Like

You will love the Anthem AVM90. Trust me.

1 Like

You also one of the prospective AVM90 owner I presume. :smile:

@moshe appreciate your sharing bro. Just curious where are you base in? The shoot out is overseas? :slight_smile:

Thanks so much and Cheers. :slight_smile:

I live in Israel

2 Likes

Hi there, did you use the Anthem 1140 on pre amp mode with external amps.

yes.
Hi … yes.
The ANTHEM MRX-1140 was connected to a ROTEL RMB-1585 power amplifier. Which powered the entire array of front speakers and surround sound speakers. all the highet speakers connected and powerd by the mrx-1140.

The anthem AVM90 is coming in tomorrow, noticed there are only 3 trigger outputs… short of 1 for my case… hmm… looks like I gotta re-think how to trigger the entire system again… grrrr . I had 4 on the lyngdorf and it was just nice

You will understand why I need to use trigger when u see this pic below :point_down:

Fuu… tiring…. Gotta clean up, tidy up the cables, re arrange and lift the cables with the use of NCF and recalibrate the entire system all over again…

This AVM90 better be worth it !! Fingers crossed… don’t feel like putting the lyngdorf back in… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

dont count on it :wink:

Look forward to your review on the AVM90.

1 Like

wow! coming VERY soon!

1 Like

The irony of all this is when you want “good sound”. When you set forth to attain those knowledge, it can be a blessing and a curse as you inevitably dig deeper into the home theater realms and once you’ve passed that threshold of “extremism” (not in the literal sense of course), you will find yourself more picky and easily irritable when certain components or equipment in your video or audio chain doesn’t look or sound right…you will then end up spending more time and effort to achieve what you desire…and that is what leading to all the tiredness. I’m surprised to see that with family, work and now this expensive hobby, you can still find time to upgrade alot of stuff. But look on the bright side, it keeps you occupied and make you look forward to more tweaks to make the sound better.

I’m sure you will love Anthem sound signature.

2 Likes

Just realised the AVM90 doesn’t have trigger in as well. Hmmm… looks like might need to use CEC to trigger on. Normally I’ll use the centre channel to trigger the lyngdorf when watching movies. It stays off when listening to music in 2 channel mode.

Looks like I have to rethink how to arrange the cables etc.

Also this time have the option to go 6 height channels, whilst I have 8 above, 2 front heights and 6 top heights middle, back and front. So I will combine front heights and top front as 1 instead

Cleaning up the system and amps (blow and vacuum)etc, realised that the class D amps are not so dusty, most of the dust are accumulated at Ac infinity fan sitting above lyngdorf

Can’t wait….