*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

looks tedious at least you are not dealing with back breaking heavy components.
My 2 new subs weighing 41k each just arrived yesterday and my back is killing me now.
not to mention I had to shift my equally heavy power amps around to get them into the corners…

I know ! Damn tiring ! I can feel it… hahaha

No pain, no gain !

I’ve got the air purifiers turned on as well. At least some dust gets sucked by the purifiers…

Very excited now… normally the moment u fire up, within seconds u should be able to tell how good it is…

That’s Tritone AV’s set up. Love it!

See how nice, clutter free front stage, all hidden, equipment on the right. I love clutter free theatre rooms, not only u feel good stepping into the room, it is good for sound, as nothing blocks the path!

Too bad I can’t utilise the balcony, it was used as play area for kids, now it’s study area for kids… so gotta stick with having the gears beneath the screen with hifi racks at the bottom…

Not sure what processor they were using… hmm :thinking: didn’t ask… rather forgot to ask… I’m guessing It’s an acurus… it looked like the acurus if I remember correctly… nonetheless , whatever was in use sounded fantastic as well…I think they didn’t apply much room correction… so bass was so so… midrange clarity was superb

EXCITING TIMES for bros collecting the AVM90 today!

2 Likes

And there you go again, first and foremost, big thank you to Anthem AVM90! Giving me all the motivation to re do and tidy up all the cables !

Big thank you anthem ! :rofl::rofl:

So I’ve got 8 height speakers, 7 bed speakers and 4 subs, dual 18” stacked seatons pair and dual line array, used in different stereo config via rca and XLR confit for Home theatre !

Sun bian lay the carpet, under the hifi rack. The robot can clean under the hifi rack. But u see the amount of cables ?! Lol . I don’t think I’ll be motivated to upgrade to divini XLR after this!

U have got hdmi, speaker cables, XLR, power cords, RJ45 cables, trigger, optical canles, switches, power strips, wifi stuff, some with NCF stuff… all sorts of stuff inside :rofl:

This is madness…

Ronlidoq in the multicable of madness :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Sharing the ugly side of things first… as usual, no pain no gain….

I’m like tidying up one section, then 10mins break… and I haven’t even started unboxing. No time for unboxing as yet.

Long way to go… once hooked up, still need to install software etc and check if things work as intended…

Been reading that 1.6.5 is a good place to start and to do a reset after flashing the firmware…. Don’t know… but haven’t had the time… tidy first, then one step at a time… to other 6-7 bros who got their unit, do share your experience !

Sounds exactly like that! Hahahaha so funny la u…

I wanted to paint a picture that not everything is sweet and nice when u get a new toy…

It involves a lot of hard work, time and patience

1 Like

Jia you jia you. Take breaks occasionally. Rush is not good trust me. Too late by time you realize some connections are wrong. Saaamuuuraaaa *flip table

1 Like

1.6.5 a beta firmware. The latest one is 1.6.10. I expect you will have tons of questions on the setup since this is your first foray into Abthem product. Read up my previous postings and you will find most of the answers. And yes, do up everything first before unboxing your reward. Take your time…

1 Like

Ya man! Thanks for sharing. Will definitely read up all the things to do before we start, also came across mic placement positions stuff etc

Oh yes…

1 Like

enjoy and renew :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

For me, tidying cables is very enjoyable. Love bundling them up and routing them neatly.

Very therapeutic for me! haha :laughing:

Happy tidying up! That’s quite a bit to sort out. But it will bring u a smile!

Yeah. I have been enjoying all these times…I have already stopped fiddling with the settings and start enjoying all my movies these days.

This is the right thing to do.
After all, we can not constantly calibrate ourselves to know. Because in my personal opinion the continual and constant preoccupation with calibrations and constantly making changes and corrections to our liking pretty much brings out the good taste after we have calibrated the system and we forget the main reason is to enjoy the content.
Calibration is part of the deal but absolutely not the point.
A good friend of mine bought a TRINNOV ALT-16 and so far he is calibrating and calibrating with the help of experts and support from Trinov and still continues to calibrate and is not satisfied or for a moment he is satisfied and after a day or two he thinks what he heard a day or two ago may sound better and it is not over.
At the time when I had an MRX-1140 I did not dig too much into the calibration system I just adjusted the sound to my liking and there it ended and it sounded amazing and with that it ended.
After switching to the Lingdorf MP-40 there in a simpler story … I calibrated properly and since then I do not feel any need to touch any setting. Everything is perfect and accurate and the bass is just as amazing.
So just enjoy the equipment and watch as many movies and good music as possible.

4 Likes

That’s one problem with the Trinnov cos it’s dang flexible and the options to “better” sound seems never ending.

I really wanted to try the +4 but thinking to Calibrate again makes my brain tired. There are so many things to do and end of the day just want to have some time to enjoy the system than to start calibrating.

I do carry out some tweaking here and there but that’s it. No taking the mic out to start the process. :person_gesturing_no::no_good_woman::no_good_man::x::negative_squared_cross_mark:

Say…Is there really really a need to re Calibrate Anthem whenever a new firmware comes along?

1 Like

Not necessary…UNLESS there is an improvement made to the phase correction imo. If it is just cosmetic touches like better integration in the network modules for reliable connectivity etc…then no need to re-calibrate.

2 Likes

I do not think it is necessary to calibrate every time a new update is released for ARC GENESIS but rather the improvements that have been introduced are of high added value which can dramatically change the end result … such as the addition that ANTHEM promised at launch of the new PHASE CORRECTION.

2 Likes