New JVC DLA-NZ Series 8K Laser Projectors

Are you sure the price quoted for the NZ9 is $22K?! :roll_eyes: If indeed so, I’ll grab it in an instant
:laughing:. I believe you are talking about NZ8?

oops! that is a typo! i definitely meant the NZ8 and NOT the NZ9 :slight_smile: the NZ8 is SGD22K. the NZ9 is SGD35K.

Then I know who is the dealer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could be price of a car :grinning: without COE & ARF that is

That’s right…unfortunately :cry:

The NZ9 is reference! Damn good! But price is…. Damn good also

1 Like

At the Kansas City shootout, they found that the NZ8 with MadVR looked the same as the NZ9 (with MadVR) and better than the NZ9 without :grinning:

1 Like

Agreed…NZ8 is the best-value projector in my books.

Hi all, new to Forum. Can i check who is the distro for Panamorph in SG? Was interested in picking up the new DCR Short throw lenses

Not too sure but you can try Sound Decisions in Adelphi. I bought my Panamorph anamorphic len from them in the past.

Hi Desray, Thank you and spoke to Sound Decisions. Very helpful and they do carry the panamorph lenses. :slight_smile:

1 Like

any NZ8 users here who pair it with the HDFury Vertex2? what settings do you use?

Are u the one who trade in the NX7 to Jay? Jay texted me to ask for my opinion whether a customer who trade-in his NX7 is worth taking in. I have a hunch that the customer is you :stuck_out_tongue:

Meanwhile in the internet

One very happy customer shared his experience :point_up_2:t2:

2 Likes

My new JVC DLA-NZ7 laser projector just arrived today. Something for me to play around with over the long weekend. The difference between NZ7 and NZ8 is a whopping $10K difference. Will NZ8’s “$10K” premium over the NZ7 be worth the price tag?

5 Likes

Congrats Desray…:grin: new toy :+1:

1 Like

Await your MadVR brother. Be the deadly combo

I’m using Lumagen Radiance Pro simply because it allows me to do proper calibration. The Lumagen has built in pattern generator to allow me to calibrate SDR and HDR but MadVR doesn’t.

1 Like

The MadVR Envy (Extreme and Pro) have a built in pattern generator that can produce a 3D LUT with Calman automatically in SDR and HDR

MadVR HTPC allows you to load a 3D LUT produced by full version of Calman (Autocal) or DisplayCal (manual calibration) but you need an external pattern generator. Most of us use a Raspberry Pi.

JVC projectors also have a built-in pattern generator that works with Calman, but you have to hook the PC to the projector with a RS-232 cable.

Unfortunately, the cheaper Calman Home is not available for JVC. You have to buy the full version. Calman Home is only available for LG, Panasonic, Sony and Samsung.

JVC provide free their own calibration software that can do Autocal with the JVC built-in pattern generator. Calman may provide a better autocalibration

3 Likes

A new JVC firmware ver 2.10 was released today to address “finicky” issues with third-party optic-fibree-based HDMI cables. So if you are facing frequent blanking when used in conjunction with an HDMI 2.1 gear, you may want to update to this version.