New JVC DLA-NZ Series 8K Laser Projectors

Glad to know…I will find out myself if I manage to get one in for review :slight_smile:

Sammy from Sound Decisions is back selling JVC projectors and this is good news for us as we know Sound Decisions has the best showroom to showcase projectors. I’ve just received words from Sammy yesterday evening that the new JVC NZ8 laser projector is in their showroom now ready for public demo. Do pay them a visit if you are interested to see the PQ. :slight_smile:

1 Like

NZ8 in action. It’s now at Sound Decisions showroom.

2 Likes

Locally there is a few retailer who carry the JVC models you can also go and check out their show room , they also using different screens tones that you can compare .

There are some using white screen material , Grey tone to and Acoustic Transparent to do demo , take note the type of combination that is your preference or application.

Why not reveal the retailer and the location of their showroom…

A JVC NZ8/ RS 3100 owner is experiencing this “green push” or fringing issue with MPC engaged and displaying a 4K Netflix test pattern. Can any owner of the latest JVC Z series confirm on this?

NZ8 unboxing…

Too bad the throw distance and max size I can get is not suitable for my current room.

This JVC is actually considered quite a short throw. Your room dimension is 3m x 4m, right?

Yes, 3x4.
My screen is 115” 16:9.
The required throw distance works out to be min 3.44m

My screen is about 38cm away from the wall as I have built a false wall to mount the inwall spkrs.

That leaves less than 20cm which is way too little to fit the prj. Previously with the Sony I already struggled to cast a 100” image. Now with the even larger screen,…

My issue with the current ust is the lack of ability to do proper calibration and saving custom profile settings.

I see…you still have a false wall behind. Certainly, that will be an issue for you. For UST, it is not there yet. As you mentioned, there is simply no calibration. Every so-called setting is “too coarse” to make any kind of worthwhile adjustments to improve the PQ. I believe it will eventually get there. In your case, it’s a hobson’s choice I guess…

is there a resolution to this “green push”? Perhaps with the release of the new firmware with film maker mode?

Not sure about that…

Looking to get the JVC NZ8… Anyone looking to take over my Sony VW870ES/VW995ES, drop me a DM.

Check out ‘Sony VW870ES/995ES 4K laser projector’, available at S$16,000 on #Carousell: Sony VW870ES/995ES 4K laser projector, TV & Home Appliances, TV & Entertainment, Projectors on Carousell

I am thinking about upgrading from my N7 as well :slight_smile: who are you planning to get the NZ8 from? it would be great if any dealer can offer a trade-in promo.

Hi bro, it’s been a while… Unfortunately no trade in from local dealers at the moment. Your N7 is lamp based. How’s the performance after all these years? I barely break in my NX7 after the fiasco. Now JVC is managed by different team.

SD demo is amazing…
Is it a good idea to put camera filter in front of PJ, I wonder?

I assume the camera filter you are referring to is a Neutral Density (ND) filter to improve the contrast and black levels even further? And yes, after so many years, SD is back selling JVC projectors again but this time, it is somewhat different with a different management team in JVC Asia. I believe there is no more exclusivity in terms of dealerships which imo is a great move.

so far so good bro. my lamp hrs is currently at 2090hrs since March 2020. I have always used it at low lamp mode. over at Carousell, I was quoted SGD22K for the NZ9 - this price does not include installation. the dealer offered SGD18K if I choose to trade-in my NX7. would you drop me a PM please as I would appreciate your thoughts on this :slight_smile: