Must Own 4K UHD titles with the best HDR/Dolby Vision presentation!

I asking when Avatar 4K Blu-ray Disc releasing leh. Not the next installment.

Oh, oops :speak_no_evil:… saw wrongly…

No news yet on the 4k release, taking forever

As you grow older you will find that your demand will be less critical. Personally. I m okay with 1080p upscale images as they are good enough for my current 65" TV or even maybe up to 90". Save your hard earned money!:grin:

1 Like

Good advice Francis , noted. That’s why I’m still with the BenQ 5700. Perfectly satisfied until today.

I didn’t see why I should part $20k-$30k for a laser PJ now.

But on the sound dept, that one I cannot compromise. Subwoofers and amplifiers, when I like it, I won’t hesitate . It can give me that satisfaction

On the spending for the room acoustics, AT screen, purifi amplifiers, those I have no regrets , different league really.

Having said that, I suspect my hand will be itchy when the time comes for a JVC Laser PJ… lol

I’ll try and refrain… :sweat_smile: hopefully I don’t see something in the quality of the OLED that is irresistible . I’m keeping a lookout of tone mapping quality from the PJ. That way we eliminate the needs for lumagen radiance

Up till now, I still find 4k SDR to be much much more natural and pleasing to the eyes , for a PJ

Haha…then you better refrain from coming over to my place to see the 4K HDR image on a laser projector :stuck_out_tongue:

Ignorance is bliss…

I dun understand what’s taking so long…?! I can already envision how good it will be for 4K HDR.

Lol… Heng escape… siam first better… lol once u get poisoned very hard to turn away… best don’t demo… lol

1 Like

BTW, in case you’re interested, Monster Hunter 4K bluray is out already!

1 Like

Yes. This is definitely a quality 4K transfer. What is it with milla jovoich and the test of “skin tones” in most of his movies. :joy:

Just finished watching Godzilla vs Kong (I also watched it in cinema)…the HDR for this HBO Max stream is surprisingly very good albeit there are some graininess in certain low light scenes. But overall a very good HDR presentation nonetheless…This will be in my top purchase list when the physical disc is out!

1 Like

Just finished today at imax Punggol, not bad, can feel the breath of King Kong . The audio and video is quite good at shaw Punggol imax

U will be disappointed to learn that the sound mix isn’t as good in HBO Max streaming. Hopefully the physical media will sound better.

Ridiculous but entertaining enough! Don’t watch this in the night at home, your neighbors will surely knock on your door! :laughing:

Ya I noticed that, same on Snyder cut, the audio wasn’t as good. For kong apparently many have to crank up the volume…

Cinema shaw imax was good. I still think shaw Punggol is the best

Somehow I still prefer Peter Jackson’s King Kong

This new Pixar animation sports a bold HDR palette. It has a very good storyline that touched on friendship and family. Kids will love it.

This animation also not bad, kids enjoyed it…on Netflix

Desray, what device were you using to stream HBO Max? Apparently Atmos is only supported on Apple TV and Fire TV. Sound quality from Godzilla vs Kong on Apple TV was good and it was in Dolby Vision.

Here’s another splendid 4K HDR marvel that will really bring out the best on your expensive display, be it OLED or even Projector.

Black Friday coming in few months time.

Time to list the titles with good sq here. Then start adding the title in amazon cart hehe