Must Own 4K UHD titles with the best HDR/Dolby Vision presentation!

This come at a surprise for me. The 4K HDR transfer is rather good for a 1998 film. The CGI is kind of cartoony but it is still an enjoyable Marvel flick. I wonder Blade II (my favourite in the whole Blade Trilogy) will ever see the light of days. By the way, the new Dolby Atmos mix is quite good as well. Overall a very clean transfer but don’t expect squeaky clean 4K as this movie is more than 2 decades old now.

1 Like

Hi Desray, did the audio track have clipping? Have read that it is very loud and not very clean…

Like Dunkirk.

Personally, I find the background noisier than usual which sometimes drown out the dialog a little but no clipping though!

In some scenes…especially with loud screaming and the techno track playing, the sound mix does have a little “crackling” noise if you listen at high volume but otherwise it is fine. The surprising part is the 4K transfer for such a dated flick.

Here’s a new re-release of the movie, Elysium but in 4K HDR. This is one of the better transfer of 2021…so far.

Just finished this! Must watch animation

Jiang ZI Ya! Beautiful

Timestamp 1:06, super wobbly intense ulf, damn syok the feeling . 1:13 and 1:34 , all very nice

Video is good too, enjoyed it

The sound mix also didn’t disappoint…waiting for 4K and Dolby Atmos track. The easter egg certainly very funny. Didn’t know Jiang Ziya is a “OCD” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hope that the Atmos track will be in chinese too.

Feel funny to watch Nezha in english

1 Like

Yes, u need to listen to the Chinese track to really feel the level of emotions that the animated characters are trying to convey. Dubbing in English is a no no for such animation. In fact, it will ruin the whole feel for the movie. Watching Jiang Ziya in English track is unbearable to say the least.

Ya, Chinese version is so much nicer. But the English subtitles were moving on too fast. The kids couldn’t cope. So in between I had to pause and explain. But it’s good, I actually like it in Chinese, prefer them to watch it in Chinese, as they read through the subtitles in English

All these Chinese animation cartoon is so good, thoroughly enjoyed it this Chinese New Year

Can’t wait for the next version, lei Zhen ZI …

Here’s another must-own title when it released…watching the digital 4K streaming version of it and I am totally floored by the pristine 4K transfer. Can’t wait for the physical disc to release.

I agree. Looks good even on my old 1st Gen TV.

I wonder when is James Cameron’s Avatar in 4K HDR gonna release? It’s taking ages.

It’s coming soon, I think a few sequels episode 2,3,4 all in the making

1 Like

Forget to mention this…Just re-watched it yesterday.

Shot using iPhone 12 Pro Max

I agree. Mine is only a 30gb file and it sure looks good on my old LED TV. I m happy with PQ although it’s not as sharp as on a physical disc!!

Wow nice ! See the sun light shining behind her hair, beautiful, still look very good this LED TV

Come end of this month, my Samsung 4K 1st gen will be 7 years old and hopefully it will last 3 more years which by that time, the micro LED will be much cheaper for an upgrade!

Wow 7 years still going :muscle:t2: ! Good man

Speaking of the devil…

Hint from James this might be the title, but seems like postponed to 2022 now… instead of December 2021