LG Display (TV/Projector) Owner Thread

See the quality of the red !

I don’t know why but I’m so attracted to the red on this Projector, and I don’t know why it stands out so nice

I haven’t seen YouTube logo having so much depth in the red logo… so rich and not saturated but rather rich as if it’s 16bit colour , that sort of quality and clarity from the pic

It is evident watching the flash drama in his red suit

Damn good , iron man’s power thingy on his chest in iron man 1

Check out the golden armour in Aquaman

Check out the tattoo on aquaman

His eyes !!!

Specular highlights …. Drool man … damn

Flower gate scene , dynamic tone mapping first class….

Fuuuu that red !! Rich rich solid red, Kao lat kai lat

Drool until no more saliva pics

Aquaman only half the story man… see the calibrated quality, first class in HDR

Black panther street chase scene

HDR rulezzzzz…. The LG laser rulezzzzz

1 Like

League of legends , game advertisements , this is on 135”, so immersive so much details…

Mortal kombat…,

Absolutely stunning HDR

Check out the post calibrated HDR quality :point_up:

Bro, LG must really give you a treat for all the marketing push you are doing for their projector. :rofl:

Lol. LG didn’t even want to bring in this PJ! What I understand is it may be difficult to have a team servicing this PJ, maybe changing of laser not as straight forward as Lamp based PJ ? Not sure, I suspect they didn’t see the value $$ weighing cost and benefits….

But this is one helluva projector…

Unless there is statistical proof of a huge user base of this projector, I doubt LG will bring in. Trend movers in Singapore is very much limited to HardwareZone, SPH in the eyes of big companies like LG, Samsung etc. Small self-help community like us is unlikely to even make a dent…BUT when it comes to readership and exposure of reviews, you will be surprised how many foreigners are reading our discussions albeit not actively partaking.

TV is still the mainstream in Singapore. Most of our homes are small and the convenience of using TV will outweigh the PJ regardless of the PQ.

1 Like

That’s true.

+1 too. In most cases, TV is more practical for general user. Plus most people watch their shows in a relatively bright environment unless got a]dedicated room.

But as rayleh mentioned, hdb and condos are small in size compared to landed. So most dont have luxury of a dedicated HT space.

For me, i drool over the LG projector but I dont think I can have it until probably my kids get married and move out due to family usage and practicality.

I’m hoping the LG Oled 77" or 80+" prices will drop significantly one day for me to jump to a bigger screen.

1 Like

Ya most still with TV, myself in the past. But once u transition into PJ, there are many benefits as well. The start up and shut down is pretty fast. I don’t miss the TV at all. Watching olympics in 135” is just so different.

Apart from the size and level of immersion, the other thing is for those who use it like this pic below , with the tv sitting on the console, will now have the benefit of the screen way in front so the tv do not block sound from the speakers and indirectly affecting imaging

See this pic above :point_up: where the main speakers left right, have a phantom sound image in the middle where the tv is placed. THis will affect the soundstage depth. Unless the tv is wall mounted, it will also affect sound as the tv screen is reflective and will reflect sound from the left / right speakers causing the soundstage depth to collapse . Wall mount still better if possible

Speaking of apps, we now have the native built in Netflix app bailable on the LG store, so we don’t really need an Apple TV or Xbox or Roku. But some apps are still not there like VIU or meWATCH

But good news, Netflix is now available … where to find PJ that has built in native app? Does eARC , hdmi 2.1, superb tone mapping , HGiG , autocal and tons of controls, with laser source that do not require maintenance @ $5.8k… cannot find….

This looks massive from LG

325” !!

Source

My hope is that the 70+ inch oled screens will come down in price soon.

It’s actualy come off in the USA but Singapore is still high… haven’t seen the drop in price

Check out the video of microLED, interesting, there are Talks that centre channel will be a problem with such big screens, suggestions were to use a phantom centre ( left and right speakers creating the sound image in the centre), or for the led screen itself to have built in speakers

New technology will command a higher premium…don’t expect the price to come down to average consumer range any time soon, especially for microLED. The day this comes true will be the day I discard projector.

The LG app is good, everything using mobile to control, not too bad the app is stable

If u have trigger set up, it’s better

There are too many apps nowadays, personally still prefer a universal remote - one device for all.

Have u tried the harmony remote ? One remote for all… but I think they have discontinued that product… that was one stop remote solution… what a pity

One can also unlock special features made available only to LG technicians using the harmony remote by pressing certain numbers to deep dive into settings not availble on normal menus

Yes, I am using one now. Maintaining it well to keep it going.

1 Like

I just saw this video from HDTV recently and was pleasantly surprised

For those who use the Sony and LG OLED and use the native built in app, this might come as an interesting topic for u.

It turns out the Ethernet port is only 100mbps, so not really maximised for streaming dolby hdr content with higher video quality ( compressed due to bandwidth limitation)

So I tested on my OLED C7

Wired speeds about 92mbps ++

Wireless connectivity in the room, varies from 7-35mbps

DAMN SLOW……

So I tried using my office usb to Ethernet , uGreen model

Doesn’t work !!

Turns out the one from cable matters might as seen on video from Vincent, also advised to turn off wifi when using the USB ports

USB 3.0 has higher speeds

There is one at the back of the LG C7 OLED, you can see from the video that usb 3.0 speeds improve up to 500mbps and usb 2.0 speeds was about 300mbps….

All the best to those using native built in app from your lg tv, u might want to get one of this to support the streaming video

On the bright side

Those using the LG laser projector AU810PB, looks like the reviews from some websites are not accurate

They claim it is a gigabit Ethernet

But my test shows otherwise

It’s like 86++ mbps wired with a CAT6 cable….

But maybe that explains why the video is at as good as using the Xbox to stream… the built in native app is not as good I find … could it be due to this ? Not sure, possibly…. If the content needs the bandwidth