HT session with Wind

Hi Des, Thanks for your tips. Too little time for too many things so cannot just concentrate on HT like old days . Also need to consider 2 channels listening as both in the same room so have to compensate one treatment for another to get it to my taste on both .

1 Like

I’m close to done with the current new position. So if you wanna pick a time sometime next week, let me know. I’ll be happy to have you :slightly_smiling_face:

A very short scene from The Protege.

Catch this scene to test your surround effect.

Timestamp in video below.

Can see that the sound object travel from rear left speaker to center speaker pretty fast woosh

1 Like

One of kahki tried out HDfury Fiber cable. Much difference!!

He no try HDFury Vertex 2 yet. He still yet to discover the full “magic” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cheap and good hd fury fiber cable, not bad also

1 Like

Ongoing tweaks… Life of Pi scene… some reflective light from my center speaker stand… Thought I might do away with that little light reflection… But still cannot take it.

2 kahki drop by earlier for a quick demo, as well as checking out the sound of new boundary sub placement… however still discover light reflection… Really cannot take it…

Decided to mask off as many reflective surface as I can after kahki went back. Gonna test it later when kids asleep :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The cloth is thin velvet material, I believe won’t affect SQ much and did decently well in absorbing surface light. 2 kahki approved too, so it’s good. Not ex too

This tweak gives me a feeling I’ve got a set of new speakers :sweat_smile:

Next is to settle ceiling. That’s gonna be challenging

1 Like

Kids asleep, dad comes out to play.

So it does make big difference. Even lesser distractions now.

Ceiling will be next… gonna take some time though jeeeze…

1 Like

Thanks bro for your time today. Very enjoyable session. The trinnov is solid, imaging is superb! So much improvement from my previous visit. Slowly improving and it’s very evident. The laser PJ is well calibrated and colours are accurate. No loss of shadow details and it’s so much more immersive now with the bigger screen.

We enjoyed it today.

Thanks for taking time to explain on raspberry PI, it’s very convenient for BEQ.

Will definitely try and implement this, so convenient

Thanks for sharing bro! Much appreciated:)

Most welcome. Happy to have you and Alvin over :+1:

Have a shot at the Pi. Credits really go to the AVS folks, they are top notch!

Heard that new software updates coming soon for the software I showed you guys, but prolly supporting more devices as they move on. As of now only Minidsp 2x4HD supported.

1 Like

Guys, pls try not to do any home demo during this period when local community cases growth rate is still rather high - i.e. 1.15. There’s always plenty of opportunity in the near future…We are all adults, let us be socially responsible in our actions to safeguard the safety of ourselves and family members but also Singaporeans in general.

1 Like

Yup. Mask on always. Note taken :relaxed:

1 Like

Had been planning for some time to do up my front ceiling ever since the masking of thin velvet cloth to “ward off” the light reflection from the speakers and subs from screen…

Ever thought of Matt black paint but did a few test, Matt still reflect light no matter what. Went further into researching blackest black paint. Damn it cost 50 to 70 bucks for like 500ml?! That’s just crazy…

Thought of something else and finally found the right materials, and for the past 2 nights been painstakingly measuring, cutting to size and mounting them onto the ceiling.

The before pic, noticed the light on the front ceiling?

It’s cause distraction on the top and I can’t stop noticing it…

The below pic is end result

Definitely lesser distractions, even my center height seems to have disappeared :relaxed:

More improvement along the way as soon as my “light bulb” comes along. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Nice !! Swee

1 Like

Quite surprising. Definitely Improvement in contrast.

HDR netflix over the moon in Dolby Vision

SDR netflix Sam and Cat

:heart_eyes:

Wife and children says better than TV!!

1 Like

very nice! big difference to the frontal viewing experience man.

Yes its quite a difference. The effort is worthwhile.

1 Like

Bro, good work there. Unfortunately you will never fully realise the potential of your projector ANSI contrast if your ceiling is not dark. You will appreciate the image quality even better when the surroundings are dark. Of course in reality, you can’t do that. It will destroy the aesthetics of your living room.

1 Like

Yes I agree. And my wife will also destroy me lol. Have to compromise a bit loh

Hi bro, are you sensitive to rainbow effect ? How you rate the rainbow effect for this pj ?

No leh. I don’t experience any. I heard it differs person to person. I did asked my family members of 4… so far my boy says can see when he turn his head fast. I mimick the way he turn… I don’t see any :face_with_raised_eyebrow: