HT session with Wind

Talk about money hurt feelings lmao… But I do discuss with wife about spending on the AVP. She is supportive since being a dealer of Trinnov need to have something to showcase :rofl: (what good excuse eh)

She does invite her friends over for kuehs and movie sessions, and gets compliments lol :sweat_smile:

Most important, she enjoys big screens now too esp on Netflix documentaries.

1 Like

We can only do it when the number of local community case go down…Hopefully before year end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look neater and less imposing with only 2 towers instead of 4 in front :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

This the update I’m talking about on the new firmware update which I am looking very forward to.

Abstract

“Toslink output of the Altitude16 to ADAT. ADAT is a well-known transport protocol in the professional and production music industry that allows the carriage of four channels at up to 96 kHz. With this approach, Altitude owners can enable four extra outputs with the addition of a simple external D/A converter.”

I did a search on the converter… Can someone tell me if it is something like the below pic?

@djblackfm gave the idea when I’m searching for a rack for my center channel. So it actually does look better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can only conclude on the bass after I calibrate.

I’ve been a bad friend :rofl:

Recently i custom made few racks using aluminium profile. May not be audiophile grade but can custom to the required size to save space.

Oh you have pics? :blush:

2 Likes

For tight space , no choice , have to think of a way :sweat_smile:

Idea is from my sim racing rig . Designed, measured and asked them to cut to length . Then fixed up by myself . It is adjustable so can easily shift or add in future.

Also designed my own version projector mount so can easy do fine adjustment .

Done my best but still messy :sweat_smile:

@Jasonyeo - is that the same old small room I demo last time? What projector is that?

Yes, bro. pj is entry level optoma only .

Wow…amazing what you put in that small space…I recalled we can barely fit 2 people in but the sound and bass are amazing…bone-shattering bass back then is the sensation.

Lol, still the same. Max 3 people :rofl:

But aluminium profile is a good suggestion if one wanted DIY and save space . Moreover it is fully adjustable. Can easily change single rack space if needed.

You’ve exemplified how a small room still can have great sound. IT IS DEAD SILENT to the point where my ears can feel the pressure…I wonder still have that feeling? LoL

Not quite now as I changed to 90% diffusing now. Taste changing as time passed.

After fixed up the aluminium profile racks, also tune here and there again to shift imaging more front and etc .

1 Like

A good ratio will be 60% absorption and 40% diffusion. And yes, too dead is not “lively”…it will miss the “sense of scale” and the worse is the need to crank up your volume to get louder and make your AV Amp or AVR work harder.

Look nice aluminium! Light and relatively strong

Yes , it is strong . Good thing is profile using screws and slot bolts to join and tighten , no welding needed , so can change configuration anytime .