HT session with Wind

Nowadays there are more and more cost friendly motion seat and motion actuators flooding into the market beside dbox. However, currently solely for games except dbox which can add a HEMC box and pay yearly subscription fee for new movies.

If someone release a black box or software to sync the actuator to movies, likely a game changer to ht market. Price for tactile transducer n etc will drop by then.

The downside i see from these motion actuators is the noise level. Also will emit emi noise n etc and affect the ht sound, i believe. Dbox considered quiet and acceptable. They also have their haptic technology which create sort of bass feel.

I would think the trick is how well it blend in to those less than 20hz to single digit hz kind of bass. No need for the actuators to shake a lot like there’s no tomorrow, but just good enough to get that feel from where your
The sub cannot produce… that being said also the challenging part. :laughing:

I used AVS settings and found it very natural, low pass at 10Hz using 2x4HD for crownson sounds crazy (my original low pass set at 40Hz) but it works amazingly well, for both watching movie and concert.

I remember bro Bryan low pass at 15Hz with additional LS filter applied, not bad if you like more tactile feel but personally I felt it a bit too strong to my taste, so I stick to AVS recommended settings, :slight_smile:

Bro Wind,yes, quite challenging . If you have stationary test tones like sine and warble tones , you can actually check which deep frequency and below you cannot feel at your seat so you roughly know where to cross over . Using stationary test tones also can help to determine where is the resonance/peak of a particular frequency lies, also a good way to check if you can have front charging bass when watching movies.

1 Like

Wow done very nicely. Great work synthesis!

Win - so with this, your sofa can shift during cleaning and wont damage the crows?

Yes can be shifted for vacuuming and mopping without damaging the crowson

Same sentiments. I feel it’s very expensive for tactile transducer. But i must admit it is very good.

Actually a good vfm compromise that can give good shake tactile and yet can go single digit is the buttkicker range.

Its more expensive than the aura but it can go down much lower and does not have a peak freq at 30+ hz. But its much cheaper than the crows

Gives very layered tactile and much more realistic than the aura cos it can go down to single digit hz

There’s one version that comes with a base that can simulate a tactile transducer. But i have not tried it.

Wow. Synthesis is brilliant

1 Like

Yes. Brainstorm for quite a bit. Lol

I was using the Dayton shakers which looks similar to the aura on the outside. Perhaps due to my mounting is more flexible, the frequency peak occurs at ~20hz.

Just have a thought , not sure if using crowson on bucket seat , can it transfer the energy to front body ? …

What is a bucket seat?

Made of plastic . U tried before :sweat_smile: .

There was once i proposed to my wife changing to car seats for ht but kana rejected. Coz i see the benefit of car seat is we can take out head rest. Listening to 2 channels more live feel :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

LoL…that’s xtreme!

Oh playseat. Lol. I only use play seat.

I don’t think it will transfer to front body though. But it is interesting to try

Your is definitely good enough already. It’s an unforgettable experience

Coz i have tried sport car recliner seat with ckark synthesis transducer, the energy able to transfer to seat and front body. So i suspect crowson also can.

Bro, u used to play D-Box before right?

Not on HT . Currently using it on sim rig .