HT session with Wind

Got photo to illustrate? :laughing:

Is those racing backet seat :sweat_smile:

Bro you gotta try that out I would say. Photos cant justify that feeling lol.

Did a little “upgrade” to my rack. Installed LED light at the front and back so that it’s easier for me to “see” when troubleshooting or changing out gears.

It’s also voice activated via Google Home :slightly_smiling_face:

So why purple… Because the back strip was given to me by a friend. The front strip is bought by myself kind of need to use back same color lol. The light also plant friendly to my Click and Grow beside the rack.

This pandemic really making everyone more creative and get things done to our HT journey which we have otherwise procrastinate for the longest time.

1 Like

Wow, looks nice! Glowing in the dark

1 Like

My friend said that Thanos will be coming out from that rack soon enough :rofl:

Wow very nice!

1 Like

Nice . Ever think of philips hue light ?

(1) Philips Hue Ambilight Show / Hue Play Sync Box / Hue Play Gradient/ Hue Bulb - YouTube

Yeah saw this before. A bit too distracting. I’m very sure for my case, it’s just a fun thing to do in the first place but the interest will soon be lost hence a bit waste effort thereafter lol. Mine is just some cheapo LED bought from lazada.

I would like to go for white in the first place but since purple was given me free and no reason not to use it, turns out the color is quite appealing and out of mainstream color. It also appears good with almost full black rack.:sweat_smile:

By the way HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!! To ALL great Daddy here!

Thanks bro. Happy fathers day to all fathers. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

And so I too jump on the bandwagon of owning a LG AU810PB pj.

I got it via local dealer Ohmsound. (They supported me last time, and it’s my turn to support them) :grinning:

This shelf has been in my storeroom (bomb shelter) for like 1 year plus. Finally it’s time to install the shelf on the wall for a worthy pj!!!

Out of the box color is really good. Below some pics.

Now waiting for the color meter to come and will do a Calibration for better result. Still much to learn from bro Ronlidoq and Desray… :sweat_smile:

Do support Ohmsound. Been working closely with them and cfm plus chop friendly and nice guy to deal with!

2 Likes

Very nice punchy colors out of the box I must say. After calibration, it will definitely take up a notch. :smiley:

1 Like

Nice! Congrats on our new toy! Enjoy the new found pq!

1 Like

Congrats bro, syok man! The price you paid for the quality., solid

1 Like

I don’t mind supporting ohm sound, but I got it before he posted, so mine was too fast… lol. Could have saved $200, and used it for the software.

Yes nice guy, I will support him if I’m buying today. Very reasonable pricing, not anyhow whack pricing.

Most importantly it’s really good value, totally worth it

I’m not sure of the quality of the laser hardware though, lifespan of hardware from LG. As in although it has 20,000 hours, the hardware may not last that long, replacing the laser will probably cost the price of a almost a new PJ, maybe… dunno… it’s a risk I took and happy to take on this risk

1 Like

20,000hrs is estimated shelf life for laser diode…even if the laser can last that long, the hardware probably not. Let’s not forget that the polarizer and the PCB boards are not rated and will definitely not going to last beyond say 5 yrs. So I will tamper my expectations when it comes to this 20,000hrs lifespan which can last more than a decade even if we watch for 8hrs per day. For the LG, at $5.8K, I think it is very well priced for a laser projector if it can last for 7 - 8y yrs before up the lorry.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. I have actually factored it to have a 5 year depreciation and at $6k, that translates to $1.2k a year. That’s $100/month, 5 years up lorry then its breakeven.

Anything more than 5 years , is a bonus. Selling it at the 4th year at $1.5k, that’s good enough to trade in for another new model come 2025.

And don’t have to worry about changing bulp etc

Coming in at $100/ month, it is really value for money for the quality. Cannot ask for more

1 Like

Initially my Mrs disapproved on the purchase, now whole family is watching on a screen bigger than the TV. Practically on more than 5 hours, one movie after another.

I know she is enjoying because she actually watches the movie instead of browsing her phone :muscle:

Nice colours really! I can’t even imagine after calibration!!

“Next Gen” on Netflix, picture below using warm temp setting.

2 Likes

“Home” theatre definitely brings family “closer”.

3 Likes