HT session with Wind

@desray, let me know if you want to demo the Trinnov in your place. We exchange AVP​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Suddenly this pops up in my FB. Any familiar face pls response. You know who you are :wink:

*We were all so young then. It’s been like 8~9 years!

You are most welcome…in fact you shared a lot of info with me as well on the Trinnov. Something I’ve benefitted alot as I can see Trinnov is an enthusiast level product. As mentioned, Trinnov is NOT just a great pre-amp but also a boon for custom installer which takes the guess work out of the equation. Gone are the days you need miniDSP and run sine wave sweeps to get all speakers and subwoofers to be in phase.

And yes, we need to cut down on meddling with the sound and picture and start to watch some movies. Hence the reason why I sold off my miniDSP to prevent me from going down the rabbit hole and rob me of my precious time to start enjoying my movie and music collection. Knowing too much can be a “curse” sometimes. I have seen less expensive gears in some of the member’s setup and yet they sounded equally good compared to very expensive gears. Sometime “less is more”…chasing after audio and video nirvana can be a chore.

I will visit you again and I’m pretty sure the sound will be even better the next time as there is simply no limit to waht Trinnov is capable of. :slight_smile:

Eh…no thanks. It is too expensive but I’m glad that I have experienced it first hand at your place. For that, I am truly grateful and contented liao. LoL

I dunno who’s the duo?

Muahahaha. *Evil laugh. But yeah anytime you wanna try!

Go and watch 龙虎门。You will love it!

You bet I will. Will do it tonight. Heading out now for a Trinnov calibration in fact :relaxed:

1 Like

in fact I didn’t dig deep into Trinnov as well, too expense, and upgrade to processors at this price tag meaning you need to upgrade the rest of your gears in order to bring the best out of them…and frankly speaking, I don’t have the confident that my skillset is good enough to squeeze the full potential…lol

Lol… dig too deep will have headache :crazy_face: been there done that. I’m still learning along the way too! :relaxed:

So I’m gonna crack my head again…What I’m gonna do perhaps coming week, will be to separate out the sub to individual channels to let Trinnov do the “dirty work” instead of using Minidsp like what bro @desray says. While working with my buddy @djblackfm on calibration earlier, he also gave some good ideas on how to make use of the extra +4 channels on the Trinnov and leverage it’s processor rather than our brain to do the dirty work, while at the same time can still input BEQ.

Interesting concept and option to make full use of its flexibility. Will try out and share it if it works.

Let me enjoy Tiger Dragon Gate tonight. Could be the last show using my existing preset.:grin:

1 Like

2014 :joy: :joy:

1 Like

yes bro, you should try it, you might end up like the way Trinnov handle subs together with the rest of the speakers better with this approach, who knows. nevertheless, Trinnov is still the best processor for AV, without doubt.

1 Like

Yeap! Gonna plan out the cabling, then see what other cables are needed, put it into action yadayada… meanwhile Dragon Tiger Gate first!

1 Like

Dragon Tiger Gate was good! Typical Chinese story. Need not BEQ, deliberate tilt, shelf or additional bass enhancement. All just nice for an old movie. Love it!

1 Like

Glad you like it…

guys ,

Just curious any particular scene or somewhere we need watch out for Dragon tiger gate?
A bro asked me the same question too haha.

I only remember this scene playing at @kennyluck2000 bro house. WALAU thunderous HOT bass LOL.

Dragon Tiger Gate Donnie Yen 甄子丹 final fight scene - YouTube

Yes, the final fight scene is the one to use for demo.

1 Like

Last fight scene

2 Likes

Nice… Thanks for sharing this

Any kind soul can help upload the clip somewhere for bros here to download and enjoy the demo clip too? :slight_smile: thankful

1 Like

I will upload the demo clip to my google drive later tonight. The clip will be password protected. Drop me a PM to request for the password. Do not reveal the password to anyone.