Divini speakers and products

You should try Grey Knight cable for the power cable. I am using it for power cable to power conditioner and to my AVR. Improvement in both audio and visual quality

1 Like

Wow, sounds like a good deal ! Awesome ! Congrats !

Looks good

After nearly 3 months wait received 2 pairs of Ref8 with matching stand this afternoon to be use as surround/surround back spks. To run a real “一条龙” divini system always in the top of my to do list after bought the Ref18, what “push” me over the fence is when Eric from Divini Audio pay me a short home visit during Dec last year after ISSE where we talked about it during the visit.

4 Likes

After ~2hrs “hard” work together with Steve from Sky Audio, the spks are in room liao.

Did some placement adjustment on the front Ref18 recently, now they’re ~5ft from front wall n 6ft apart.

Use REW to time align n set the level again after that play some multi channels music as well as movie clips all I have to say is my spk upgrading journal have reached “ENDGAME”!!!

4 Likes

Did some more placement adjustment on the surround spks, finally fixed the position.

4 Likes

What are you using for ceiling speakers?

Just running a 7.x system with phantom center, using Oppo 205 as the “processor” + miniDSP 2x4hd for subs,no plans yet to add ceiling spks.i

Ngsk, I will love to visit your place to listen to your system. If you don’t mind me visiting, drop me a PM to discuss. :slight_smile:

Bro PM u liao.

1 Like

Thanks, @ngsk for hosting me earlier today. Appreciate the hospitality and I enjoy the conversation in mandarin. It’s been a while since I saw an Oppo player with the Chinese language. You are uniquely one of a kind…in a good way of course.

You have a great sound system and you are one of those that managed to blend your 3 subwoofers well with the rest of the speakers. And boy! that Divini speakers really rocks for 2 channel audio. This is especially challenging when you have a small room. For those who want to listen to how a good system sounded like in a small room, do pay bro @ngsk a visit.

I still can’t imagine you are listening to your movies at -5db below reference. :grin:

4 Likes

Bro thanks for the kind words, it’s just a simple system. Likewise nice chatting with u in Mandarin also.
As for the good blending of the 3 subs to spks credit go to bro @Ronildoq, have to thank him here again for his time n help. During the past few yrs excluded COVID-19 no house visit period he came over quite a number of times to help me on this as well as the calibration of the PJ last year.
For the MV part I actually already “手下留情“ liao :sweat_smile:, those midbass clips usually I playback @ 0mv but worry too much for u down 3db liao, this’s also the reason I only do demo n watch movies in the afternoon, by the way glad u enjoy the demo.

3 Likes

Wow!! That’s a pretty loud listening level. The lowest I ever did, I believe was -9db…
Champion buddy!!

1 Like

:+1:nice… best place to listen loud…:+1:

1 Like

LoL…thanks for sparing a thought for me. Haha…just not used to listen that close to reference level.

Haha…I asked @ngsk a couple of times whether the neighbours got come up and complain over the years and I’m glad to hear everything is fine. :slight_smile: For me, the highest MV I can “tahan” will be -12dB and for that, I am pushing it. I only push it that high upon request by members who came over to my place for a demo session.

The last time i visit NGSK, we were listening maybe around MV-5db or at reference level. Can’t remembered liao. :crazy_face: Room treatment do help a lot…

:sweat_smile: it’s different when doing demo n actually watching the whole movie @ same volume, that few particular scenes probably are the loudest part of the entire movie.

1 Like

Yes if wanna play clean n loud definitely need room treatment.
With full Divini spks the clarity is superb n the last “hints” of brightness is gone,time for another round demo when u free.

I will PM you again, probably next Sun afternoon :grin:

No problem bro anytime.
By the way just changed the power amp for front n surround spks as well as upgrades Oppo n front spks amp power cord