Divini speakers and products

No problem bro,glad u enjoy the demo.
My main objective is music listening so the divini spks suits me better,I listen to music extensively at least 2~3 hrs on weekdays even more on weekends/holiday. Natural sounding spk is preferred for long hrs listening. Another point been even the spks got no problem playing down to the lower 20s hz in my room,adding subs n let them handle the bass sounds far better to me than running them without subs.

Bro,rest assured that all precautions have be taken including mask on all time n sanitized b4 entry + strictly 1 ppl allowed only. Nevertheless this’s a difficult time for everyone some form of stress relief IMO can ‘cheer’ up the mood in such situations.
Thanks for the remainder.

Just be careful…not worth the risk during this time.

1 Like

Managed to check out Ng’s full divini set up , and enjoyed our session with both music and HT . Nice improvements with the upgrade . So much energy from the speakers, lotsa oomph and crystal clear vocals . Very evident compared to our previous session

Surrounds were the KEF reference , so much improvement from the surrounds as well. What a big difference using floorstanders for surrounds

Music in 5.1 was very good, so much effect, u will almost think he has Atmos speakers

Bass was tight, had that bouncy effect and very enjoyable, no fatigue and I could go on and on. Very controlled and I think will be very hard for anyone to believe 3x18” subs were playing

The BAD acoustic panels was a worthy investment, no regrets I suppose for Ng

Very enjoyable session, thanks for hosting bro

1 Like

No problem bro anytime. The end result u’ve heard pretty much contributed by u for the help/guide on spk/sub setup as well as acoustic treatment. Last treatment with BAD n ceiling bass panels have very good impact on the ‘height’ presentation,with the right materials the divini spks will shine,now with the kef ref spks as surround,multi channels music n movie watching got great improvements also as u have observed.
IMO if 1 ‘think’ music listening without sub is preferable which is actually nothing ‘wrong’ but if 1 can integrate multiple subs into a stereo setup I believe it’ll greatly improved the overall presentation by:
1st be able to play the real ‘full range’ of the music track if asked for by the content.
2nd relief the spks low bass duty which in return improve the clarity,even with crossover @100hz depending on the LPF slope the spks somehow still need to play clean down to 1 octave lower @50hz n even lower if listening @ higher spl. Based on ASR forum spks measurement results,not so ‘easy’ to achieve this point.

The same experience I had at your place, MV -2 above reference , no fatigue and damn crystal clear.

Vocals from venom is damn nice, age of Adeline, her breath after escaping drowning, effortlessly, we can hear every bit of it clear and nice, whilst the narrator speaks. Good separation

Bass with lord of the rings , no masking of details at upper midbass

ULF was present lotsa bouncy good timing bass, no piercing fatiguing bass

Sweeping bass was very syok…. Layered and stops at the appropriate time, the decay is just nice and controlled

I was silently enjoying it at the corner. I cannot hear any resonances , all good

The surround speakers placed slightly forward instead of being at the 90 degree location is quite nice when the width of the room is narrow, good dispersion observed, very impressed with the surrounds

In my opinion, if possible, all speakers should be good speakers, if one can afford. I often see people saying, ahh for surrounds just use those small speakers, don’t need good speakers. Just get good speakers for LCR

I think gone were the days only LCR matters.

The surrounds were a real game changer at your place, IMO. Totally transformed everything , quality is different

I’m now working on tuning my uncle’s set up. There appears to be a lot of improvement for his set up now as well, the main biggest improvement is happening after vibration control. Similarly, he is finding the need to increase the volume dial, from his previous -20, it is now -15mv

That’s the new divini bulk cables… for speaker and power cord, can buy in bulk and DIY….

Share some pics on the Ref18 crossover board.

1 Like

Some update on my Divini setup,decided to run a full divini cable system. Ordered a pair of X-S12 rca>xlr,3 pcs of X-S8 rca interconnect n 2 pairs of SP-ER2 spk cable. The custom made rca>xlr cable was delivered today so finally reached my goal.

Few weeks ago also did some rearrangement,moved the spks/racks further in to clean/clear up the frontstage as well as trying to further improve the SQ,spent quite some times tweaking,the final result turn out to be quite satisfied.

Endgame liao @ this moment,with the improved SQ n PQ as well with PJ,can sit back n rewatch some movies.

5 Likes

Nice work Ng :+1::hugs:

@ngsk nice work there. With determination and focus on what u need, it’s time to enjoy the fruits of the labour. Clean front stage! 龙已飞向山顶 享乐 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

@kennyluck2000 @rock123 @Wind Thanks.
@rock123 yes with determination on achieve the goal most of the “things” can be done.:grin:
The shape of the spks allow me to move them further in without blocking the PJ projection path,now they’re ~4.5 ft away from front wall.

3 Likes

3 weeks ago whilst demoing the AVM90, we also did a cable shootout AB in the process…

And in that process… :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones: ‘Ed

:rofl:

The rest is history…. Welcoming this expensive new XLR cable from divini, the silver series…

Damn good man… no joke

We initially tested the mogami, the Gotham cables and we went the divini XLR XS-12

So I thought we would be comparing “bright” sound in the silver XLR vs “warm” sound from the copper XS-12…

But…. I was wrong… it wasn’t about warm or bright sound… it was about the energy levels and openness… with the silver cable… everything opened up on the monitor audio speaker…. Damn it’s scary good… I can’t believe XLR cable had that much of an impact !

I have done so many A B comparisons and with many folks, I almost always found the biggest upgrades and improvement to the set up comes from the use of the divini cables

Damn good! So good to the extend I ordered a pair for the left right speakers. So since I’m using phantom Center, I enjoy the quality not only for stereo but for HT

Solid 10/10 really good high quality cable

How much did you spent this time for those cables? :laughing:

Check out ‘Divini Audio S-S12 Pure Silver XLR Cable’, available at S$1,350 on #Carousell Divini Audio S-S12 Pure Silver XLR Cable, Audio, Other Audio Equipment on Carousell

I got the 1.5m pair , $1.6k :rofl:

No joke man… I can’t believe the cable has so much benefits

On my set up… I can tell the difference, rather we… could all tell the difference , day and night type of difference

Mogami , Gotham gac 4, divini copper ( one entry lower ), and then this silver…

The Gotham Gac4 pro is thick and looked solid… but sound wise……nowhere close to the divini silver…

Looks like this below the current XLR cables in my set up… it’s a lot cheaper

The divini silver it sounded like I have just upgraded to a new speaker…

Again I have to put my speaker upgrade project on hold… everytime I have thoughts of upgrading the speaker, something else comes along and suddenly I don’t see the need to upgrade the speakers… :man_facepalming:

One thing I have noticed , this cable, really bring out the best in any speakers, so far the speakers like svs, divini reference 18, and my monitor audio speakers now… all benefit from the energy levels this cable bring… scary good but that’s what I found out…

So tiring to swap cables …. But we’ll worth it…

Hehehe!! At last u have been brought to the “Pure Silver” cables side… I am a strong believer in “Pure Silver Cables”

1 Like

:scream: the pure silver is another league really… no regrets…

I was :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:‘Ed by another bro NGSK , he advocates the use of silver as well…

We didn’t expect the difference to be that much and as impactful until we A B the difference during home demo

Personally I dont believe in spending so much just for an XLR cable… that’s why I’ve never considered it, but after the demo… man… so satisfying …and last night after testing some familiar tracks, I noticed even the bass is so defined and layered…

I had that moment where after the demo of the cables , I went to bed…. The signature of the cable comes to mind… flip to other side, I remember the energy levels, flip to another side again reminded of how the sound stage opened up… can’t shake it off…

Then I went to demo at the JBL gallery near iKea, looking at upgrading speakers… went in to the JBL demo room… came home… slept… :zzz:… no impact… don’t miss anything from the JBL showroom

1 Like

i am using Xangsane Pure Silver cables for my stereo setup now. its really in a different league!!this cable i bought from Aliexpress… China Made cables, but oh my… Shiok!!!
attached below is the link about these cables.

1 Like