Demo and catch up at Roni’s

The velvet cloth is good choice. Maybe you can use the sticky part only at the bottom end of the speaker… so that the no gluing on the rest of the speaker.

1 Like

Yes the best is to use those black velvet material same for those on the fixed frame .

There is a few type one is harder and slightly thicker which is sold in some art and craft store . These type stickers are not as strong and also not as flexible .

The type use on frame of fixed projection screen is most ideal .

Both type are not cheap .

1 Like

Thanks for all your helpful inputs, surprised that so many of u coming out with various ideas , thanks mate !

After careful consideration, planning to get this

It’s a thin layer of black velvet table runner, perfect size of 32cm x180cm, so hassle free and should not altar or dampen the speaker cabinets unlike the decals…

Anyway, will try and compare and will share out my findings

Cheers guys! Ill get back to some of the objective measurements taken recently

Yup that’s a good find.

1 Like

With the hifi racks in now and the old console removed, the biggest benefit now comes with “emotions” , emotions felt from the singer and emotions from the instruments.

I suppose with an effective isolation, we can really feel the singer’s emotions as they sing the song

The instruments sound now sort of have some type of “ tarik tarik” effect that I have not experienced . That’s the biggest benefits now with this rack upgrade. The emotional side of things

I can feel every breath and energy and emotion from the singer, and including the guy playing the instruments

I realise that now with the upgrade on the rack. There is a lot more weight on the vocal and instrument emotions, Almost as if you can feel the guy playing the instruments, is equally enjoying the musical beats and playing his instruments to match up the vocals from the singer

Very interesting, what an upgrade achieved with a second hand $300 3 tier hifi rack.

Quality is unbelievable!

A quick summary of my journey, explained with a few pictures, over the years

Started off like this

Then went to this

Dived in further to this

Finally got into this

I hope that’s final, don’t feel like changing anything, except maybe for a laser PJ along the way when a really solid one comes along at a decent price

1 Like

Good job…can see a vast improvement the last time I visited you. The center speaker behind the AT screen?

trust me, it is far from the end bro Bryan, lets see how long you can stay with current set up, lol

Ya, behind the AT screen . Very big difference compared to the one on the second picture where the speakers were placed on the cabinet

I know ! Lol trying. Next round I’ll just give myself this excuse not to upgrade

:rofl:

Kudos to you for able to have such an elaborate setup in the living room.

1 Like

Nicely done :+1: Bro Ronildoq

1 Like

Partly also his wife is amenable to this idea of Bryan spend more time at home with the kids rather than fooling around outside. LoL.

2 Likes

Wah nice. So good. Unrecognizable since day 1.

The speed of change over last 3 years is exponential ya? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Bingo !! Spot on, but no regrets taking the path to what it is today :slight_smile: big smile :smiley:

The last 3 years was massive, as I start measuring and seeing the effects , it was easier to tell and decide which path to take. Unless you know and understand the benefits, it’s difficult to convince anyone to take the path I took.

I see so many bros here embark in acoustic journey and improving the noise floor, be it room ambient noise or electrical noise, everyone is making huge strides now. They “ see” the benefits I saw. But I agree, not everyone’s Mrs can be so accommodating, it’s a bit challenge there

The cycle is almost always,

Daddy keeps kids happy → mummy happy, mummy happy keeps daddy happy, daddy happy keeps kids happy… and the cycle for happiness continues …

:rofl:

3 Likes

I too am making some strides after 12 years of 1080p And 7.1 then downsize to 5.1 now aiming at atmos with 9.1.6 or at least 7.1.4

Doubt I’ll get to even 20% of Bryan’s setup tho

1 Like

Was in for a big treat today at Bryan’s place. Really enjoyed the imaging of his stereo setup as well as the ‘moving bass’ and AT screen which makes the whole movie experience more immersive and very enjoyable… very impressive well tuned setup in a home environment.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed the session, catch up again next round.

This time round was very pleased with the stereo set up, after spending some time this year tweaking on stereo . As you will understand by now, stereo with subwoofers are definitely the way to go , if they blend in well

Bryan,

I feel sorry for myself I cannot make it tomorrow:(. Let me know if you have another session and I look forward to join. On another note, how far is your seating from the 135” screen?