Demo and catch up at Roni’s

Processor with budget 10k , tech changes rapidly,
I dont tink a good long investment…remember lexicon or mcintosh c39 now it worthless.
Rather to spend on amp or speaker or subwoofer longer investment.
Just my thot.

trinnov more future proof…

Yes, you are correct! But that was like some years ago. the designers are clever now, they have modular systems, so you only need to swap out the HDMI board, in the case of the anthem/Lyngdorf/storm/datasat/trinnov there is this option to swap out the HDMI board to one that supports the full specs of hdmi 2.1 48gbps. Sort of future proof

So yes, that is correct, like 5 years ago. But in today’s environment, the options are there. So you dont really need to change the entire processor.

The other thing is that when we buy the processor that cost $10k, its not mainly just for investment, to buy and sell later. Its more for enjoyment to achieve the “upgrade” where you can fully enjoy the system as a whole. There is no point buying a $10k speaker/subs where you cannot enjoy the system, because its not pumping out the details as it should. The end equipment is then “capped” because the source just dont have the dynamic range to deliver it to the end device in the chain, ie the speakers.

Totally agree, the amplifiers have better resale value, subs, speakers all come before the processor. No doubt. But one needs to pop the question, are you buying the equipment with the mind to sell it later ? or are you buying it because u love it and u know you are not going to change it again ? so once you have that answer, you can allocate the budget accordingly as well. Its also not really easy to sell second hand items these days also… i see those emotiva amps on carousell, stagnant and cant move for ages on carousell, at the end of the day, a lot of it have to be “priced to go” type of pricing or u sit on it for ages…

my 2 cents…

The demo that just concluded, guest was insanely happy with the demo

It was their first time hearing “simi Dai ji” “kua wa buay song so ‘em si?” on the Zhou hua Jian Chinese song … lol :joy:

(朋友 - 周華健)

It was a fantastic session for me as well

We had so many stuff to demo we didn’t have time to do the Hulk’s footsteps at 8hz and alita race scene

1 Like

bro wasted! Hulk’s footsteps is a must to demo haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya wanted to demo this afternoon ! But now out at relatives place… no chance to demo…

But damn nice, need to demo during the day… syok man… the feeling is so nice…

The presence of hulk… very good.

The Incredible Hulk version of the hulk is so scary compared to the avengers version hulk

Doesn’t feel like hulk to me at all … this one feels more like a “Gentleman” hulk… :rofl: not syok like no kick and not surprised Thanos beat the crap out of him…

Imagine Thanos taking out the other version of hulk in infinity war

This version… then u will start to feel… oh this Thanos is no joke…

1 Like

Been busy towards year end 2022, but Let’s catch up again for 2023!

This year will resume with some demo sessions, anyone keen drop me a PM. It will be on a Saturday afternoon 2-5pm . Sundays will no longer be possible for year 2023 as the kids have classes.

There are just too many things to demo, from video to audio to tweaks etc. it will be a mutually beneficial session as we test various contents and discuss all HT music stuff

I can do 2 more sessions on 25th Feb and 4th Mar.

11th Feb 2023 , Saturday 2-5pm

1. Phillip

25th Feb 2023, Saturday 2-5pm

4th March 2023, Saturday 2-5pm

Wondering, where is your place buddy?

n how many members can u host per session?

i dont have any driving or motorbike license, so i gotta plan the journey out with public transport…
Hehehehe!!!

Hi cash
I live at Sengkang area, walking distance from Sengkang MRT. I can host 3 at one go but prefer to host 1 at a time. I believe the experience is much better with 1 person seated at Main listening position. Let me know if you can make it. Happy to host you.

1 Like

Great. SengKang is pretty close by from Pasir Ris… ok, 1 person. guess one day i will be able to book a timeslot with u. cheers n thks for the reply.

1 Like

I can do 2 more sessions on 25th Feb and 4th Mar.

11th Feb 2023 , Saturday 2-5pm

1. Phillip

1. SDDS

1. Cash ?

See you guys in Feb 2023, long time no see

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dH2-_Dwpaz633n-NCtYOximJJ43UL-WN/view?usp=sharing

Use this clip to test your surrounds. Some years ago, i was using Bipolar speakers as Surrounds. The bipolar speakers were placed 90 degrees left right. so it had the tweeters firing far out left and right.

Enter this movie, the bullet scenes sounded very weird when i was using the Bipolar type of speakers. I came to realize that those sort of speakers were not ideal for surrounds. I sold those speakers and went with the floor standers placed at the same location. Never found the need to change again after that…

That was the history… so yea, it was this movie “The Brother’s Grimsby” and this particular scene, that got me to change the surround speakers… once upon a time story…

2 Likes

Updated
25th Feb 2023, Saturday 3-6pm

1. @kingajit
1 Like

Can take me off the list buddy…
Me kinda busy at the moment…
Thks for the invite though…
Will post it here if I can make it another time…

Sure bro, no worries. We can always catch up again next time when time permits

I can do 1 more session on 4th Mar. anyone keen, can PM me

1. Kingajit (video & audio)

1. Available

Hi Bro Brian,
Many thanks for hosting me last Saturday. I was dazzled by the LG projector’s performance! Your meticulous calibration has bought out the very best in the affordable LG projector. It can definetly beat a lot of the PJ’s who use just out of the box settings! Hope one day you could hold a demo for PJ/TV calibration basics with Calman! It’s a shame we spend so much money on our display but lack the basic calibration skills. Cheers and thank you so much for your time and awesome hospitality.

1 Like

Hi ajit, it was nice meeting you after a long time. Good to catch up. Personally I enjoyed the session and your company. There is just so much to learn from each other. It’s so hard these days to find time to enjoy the system especially when us parents need to get involved with kids school work and extra classes etc. so I personally enjoyed the session too, especially coming off lyngdorf processor and into the anthem AVM90… I’m quite happy with the sound quality from the AVM90…

On the video calibration side of things, it’s a lot easier these days with calman’s auto cal features using 1D and 3D LUT method, which is superior to any manual calibration. All we need is the correct tools, good quality colorimeter/ spectro and the correct settings on calman to get the best out the Pj.

Personally I’m quite happy with the quality of the Laser PJ from LG as you would have observed black levels and tone mapping quality on the Pj with all the various different content. Doesn’t cost a bomb and it’s able to produce HDR like effects with details like what we see on our TVs

If you do get one of the Pj’s that comes with the calman autocal, id be happy to help, no problem at all!