Cash's OpenHouse With Denon X3800H

So its “Confirmed that the latest Firmware Update has a bug in it”

Good thing you called them… instead of carrying the AVR to the support center. :smiley:

Yes…Phew!!!
That would have been a chore!!

Bro Cash,
I saw you have a perlisten subwoofer so how many in total do you have subwoofer?

only one D12s

Your persistent pays off. Well done. This will benefit other members facing the same problem as you.

Cash, so it reverts the firmware to the first firmware? Is it stored in the 3800H or does it download from the Internet? Quite a good reset to default!

I really got no idea… but I guess it’s engrained in the “SOC”
So I would guess it’s the 1st n Original Firmware set from factory…
Your guess is as good as mine…
I have never left “Onkyo” from day 1…
This is my 1st foray into the Denon Camp…
Hehehehe!!!

Just to confirm that this is indeed a firmware update issue, i updated my X3800H again…
there are 2 updates…
when i finished the 1st update, i went back into “Amp Assign” the “Preamplifier Mode” cant be activated already!!
then i thought with the 2nd update, it would fix that issue, but it didnt…
So looks like i gotta “Redo” the “Hard Factory Reset once again to Fresh out of Factory State” once again…

I checked my 3800 still has preamp mode. I scanned and can’t find any new fw to update.

thks buddy… i am still waiting for denon to reply to me as well…

at this very moment in time, my firmware is back to the “Out Of Factory Initial Firmware”

5300-1015-9073-7240

only with this “Out of factory firmware” the “Preamplifier” mode can be scrolled through in “Amp Assign”

buddies, Sammy n Ricky101,
do u guys have any issues with your sets?

Will check tonight

Thks Sammy… hopefully ricky101 can check too, as he is using a Nad M28 PowerAmp. just like me…

Which fw is giving this problem? Wanna avoid it

As u can see, I followed Denon SG tech advice to revert back to fresh out of factory firmware…
The moment I update the firmware, I lose the ability to set “Full Preamplifier mode”
The Denon gets super hot even though I use all rca pre outs to my two Nad M28 PowerAmp’s…
That’s y I need Denon to fix the firmware update…
With factory fresh firmware, the Denon is just a tad warm to the touch, as Preamplifier mode can be engaged…

I don’t have preamplifier mode. There is 11.1, 9.1, 7.1 7.1 (Bi-Amp), 5.1 (Bi-Amp), 7.1