Cash's OpenHouse With Denon X3800H

i strongly believe that the “Latest Firmware Update for the Denon X3800H” has killed or removed the “Preamplifier” option/mode…
Damnit!!!

Prior to the update, I suppose you are able to select Preamplifier in the Amp Assign section?

yes

Just let go a review in Denon USA Website…
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But you are able to playback all channels even though the Preamplifier option is gone. You can still use the AVR, I don’t see the need to send in to the service centre imo.

It “might clip the Denon internal amps or my external Nad PowerAmp’s”
That’s y I better send it in…

Can you downgrade the firmware

i dunno if its possible…

I don’t recall a Denon AVR or Prepro allow for firmware downgrade. Maybe it can be reversed by the tech support at the service centre but then again, if this is indeed a problem caused by the latest firmware update, Denon will probably follow-up with a release to patch things up. I’m just not sure whether it is worth the time and effort to lug the heavy AVR to their service centre, only to have the new firmware released shortly after.

Wow that is weird… looks like a firmware bug

That’s one of reasons why I normally don’t like to upgrade the firmware if there are no major updates. Most of the time it fixes one but creates another problem elsewhere

Extra headache and you end up spending so much time finding the issues…

Looks highly likely a firmware issue

yup, just got intouch with Denon SG Tech Support… they said they will escalate it to the relevant dept to look into.

At last Denon SG Replied n Sorted out the problem for my X3800H…
They told me to do a “Firmware Restore”
Steps are in the picture below…
N yes, looks like if u have updated your firmware to the latest update, u will lose the ability to set the AVR to “Full Preamplifier Out”
Looks like I confirmed the bug to Denon… as they told me “Don’t update just yet”
So now my X3800H is back to the “Initial Factory Firmware out of the Factory”

1 Like

It took a total of 7-8mins in all to do…

Now I can see n choose the option of “Preamplifier”
In “Amp Assign”

But Denon told me not to Update my set just yet…