Cash's OpenHouse With Denon X3800H

Good news. There were those who doubted it would be on time.

Just got my Atmos ceiling speakers mounted. Ran Audyssey with the app and everything sounds good. I watched the latest episode of The Mandalorian and there is a lot of output from the ceiling. Tried some Atmos music from Tidal, but weird having music coming from above!

Below is Tidal recognizing Atmos :point_down:

Dolby atmos music is great!

Gundam, have u updated your firmware too?

Working properly for me so don’t see the point for updating.

@Cash , I was fiddling with some settings and as happened to you, Audyssey calibration suddenly disappeared. All the speaker distances were set to zero and Audyssey was greyed out in the menus. Fortunately, I had the calibration saved in the Audyssey app, so I just uploaded it again and all back to normal. Second time it has happened

Yup… It’s another bug that is inherent in the latest “March update”
I posted my comments in a YouTuber account too, as he said another YouTuber had the “Wipe out” too…

Am drinking now at kopitiam, later when I get home, I will link the YouTuber link which I commented on…

That’s the YouTuber video I commented in…

my dad just recently bought the 2023 model (Denon AVR-X580BT) for his set up…
for SGD$699 its a pretty good buy.
only thing lacking in it is the (Wifi/Ethernet Connectivity)
updates can only be done via USB…

he hooked it up with his existing “Bose Jewel Cube Speakers” n a 6" Mirage Subwoofer…
pretty impressive soundstaging, if i must say…

5.2 set up, with four 8K inputs/one 8k output.

my dad is 84 years old… hehehe!!
he bought two sets of the denon avr-x580bt…
one for the hall setup, n one for his room setup…
his room setup is a full 5.1 Wharfedale DX-1 HCP mini speaker + subwoofer package.

Just got a update for the Denon X3800H, at 0215hrs…
Was watching “Tetris” on Apple TV on my tv, when all of a sudden the Audio got cut off…
Then I looked at the Denon Front Display and saw the “Update in progress”

Did it shock you for a moment?

No it didn’t… because it has happened before, when I had the older update issues…
Gotta get used to it only…
Hehehe!!!

N this time I went into the setup to see if it erased the previous settings…
Luckily it didn’t…
Yahoo!!!