Blu-ray/4K UHD titles with a killer Dolby Atmos/DTS X track

Thx! What are the scenes u would recommend?

No particular scene, just watch and enjoy the whole animation :slight_smile: Like every Resident Evil animation, expect gore and monsters. This one has pretty good HDR as well.

Haā€¦ Asking cos i dont really like RE shows (hence hard to sit thru the show, and also nowadays not much movie time). I will just buy the 4k disc and use the scenes for demo

The other day I was checking out the Tom Sawyer demo files, so many ā€¦ I watched until like D and itā€™s 2 hours gone ā€¦ just demo files only 2 hours goneā€¦

trust me, this one you will be able to sit through. Run of the mill plot? Yes but this one have some really good action scenes and the animation are way better compared to the previous ones. Trust me, it will fly byā€¦will include this in my next Avdisco Demo Sampler.

1 Like

+1

Watched Transformers: Rise of the Beasts in Dolby Vision and Atmos on Paramount+ via VPN. Pretty good Atmos mix and when Optimus Prime stomps around, those bass shakers take off :grinning:

I agreed with the stellar HDR PQ but I beg to differ on the audio part. Donā€™t get me wrong, the low freq effect impact is definitely there but the overall output level of the Dolby Atmos was somewhat ā€œcontainedā€ and lacked dynamics. Like some Disney Plus streaming, I will need to increase the MV to nearly 8dB to get the desired listening level in my case. The moment I engaged the ā€œMovieā€ mode under the Dynamic mode of my Anthem, the dialogue and overall output became clear but I shouldnā€™t need to do that.

True. The ceiling speakers did not have as much output as some movies, but rattling footsteps from transformers walking around were quite good.

I skipped Quantumania on Disney+ because I was traveling and didnā€™t really like Ant Man movies. However, tonight I decided to watch it. I thought it had a good Atmos track and the ship flying overhead from front to back was quite loud.

Not a surpriseā€¦this one has some really creepy Dolby Atmos sound mix if you like creaking sounds and voices coming from all directions.

Is the movie itself any good?

Iā€™ll say ok. Its run of the mill story lineā€¦what to expect from movie like this. The creature itself is pretty creepy. Very effective use of sound and a little imagination to make the scary meter high.

1 Like

Itā€™s not bad but very dark movie end up used standard mode to watch else really canā€™t see the monster. But i shld have watched w/o light :joy: the sound design definitely enhanced the suspense and creepiness

Chanced upon this Spanish drama. Pretty solid acting by the young Spanish actress, Anna Castillo. The plot is simple, yet captivating. The Dolby Atmos mix is really good with some solid bass extension. You can literally feel that you are inside the container. The Dolby Atmos track is in Spanish but trust me, this is not too dialogue heavy so it will not distract you or get you out of the movie.

Just for the Dolby Atmos mix alone is worth watching.

2 Likes

Watched this " NOWHERE" Netflix with my wife in bedroom on Friday night
Petty good and quite intense sia lol.
Must salute this gal whom have to survive !

Too bad never watch in main system.

Rewatch it on your main system with the JTR and you will be glad you do it.

1 Like

Just finished Gran Turismo (2nd time) via my system. Once in Atmos, just done with Auro3D. My preference is with Auro3D.

For info, the real crash at Nurburgring Circuit.

1 Like

Havenā€™t watched it yet. Is the Dolby Atmos mix good?

Atmos upmix works fine, just prefer Auro personally heh heh

1 Like