Blu-ray/4K UHD titles with a killer Dolby Atmos/DTS X track

Shikes I need to get my hands on A quiet place 1 quickly. Haven’t even watched the 1st episode yet… Lol

Anyone knows if there’s any Japanese anime in atmos? Especially those mecha type anime. Or any anime with great soundtrack? Thanks

Very good positive feedbacks on sound quality

1 Like

If only all movies with Dolby Atmos mix is done properly like Quiet Place. It will push sales.

1 Like

You’re sure fast!

Can’t wait to catch it.

Disappointed but very watchable. Pacing is uneven and the story’s more of a rehash of the original. No closure so Part 3 is a forgone conclusion!!

The SQ however is a 5/5!

Yes, the story this time is quite predictable because all of us who had watched the first movie will know what to expect…the element of surprise is no longer there. Nevertheless, it is still a worthwhile watch like what Uncle Francis mentioned. I’m happy to learn that it is not a very long movie - Just over a little 1hr 30min which I think is good.

I always wanted to ask where did you guys get hold of the movie?

The very first Final Fantasy that ever made it to the silver screen back in 2001. Very rarely old titles have good 4K video transfer but this is one of those exceptions. I still recalled the PQ was very soft on the bluray transfer and it simply didn’t do justice to the whole animation but after 2 decades later, this 4K restoration is simply amazing. It is a pristine and stellar transfer with the much needed sharpness and coupled with a reasonably good HDR to boot. Unfortunately there is no Dolby Vision. The film itself still retains that muted tone but it is way cleaner now, thanks to the HDR boost. Good blacks and shadow details.

Video: 9.8/10

Now the real shiner is the brand new Dolby Atmos mix which is awesome!!! The dialogue is clear and the surround steering is one of the best I’ve heard so far for animation. Very active mix on the height channels to really make this a must-own.

Audio: 10/10

1 Like

Thx for the recommendations. Lined them up for black Friday and cyber Monday

Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters Afterlife has some killer Dolby Atmos effects and thunderous bass to boot.

1 Like

From the creators of The Wave, the Norweigian disaster movie a few years back. Recall the one clip that made it to my last XP Demo Disc 8? This is one movie that comes with Dolby Atmos and if the quality of the sound mix from The Wave is anything to go by, I’m pretty sure this one will be equally engaging. Can’t wait to catch it over the weekend.

1 Like

Yay this Looks good. I just got this yesterday :smile: movie for the weekend cheers.

Finally, this made it to the physical disc for 4K…Will definitely be picking up during the Black Fri sale.

Scored a 100 rating from the resident AVSforum 4K bluray reviewer here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/edge-of-tomorrow-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review.3248112/

3 Likes

Great Dolby Atmos track.

2 Likes

So fast u have watched it… nice

You’ll love the Dolby Atmos track…trust me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow this is out. One of my favs.

It will be in my black fri list too