Blu-ray/4K UHD titles with a killer Dolby Atmos/DTS X track

hope the prices of the 4k discs will plunge during BF

Yes i do agree 80 usd is a decent buy, even till now my wife and myself still enjoying watching it every year end.

1 Like

Yes standby tomorrow, Black Friday, time to hoot hard disk, laptop, UHD disc etc

There it is !!

$72!! 8x Harry Potter movie in UHD, that’s about right for Black Friday pricing

Good buy. I plunged too for the Harry Potter 4k.

Now it’s back to normal price

1 Like

Now back to sgd168 , previously around $100

Have to be fast!

Didn’t see much promo on hard disk this year, waiting for the price to drop come cyber Monday

This black Friday sale is so good

Hi all which movies/TV shows n scenes are good for showcasing/testing atmos effect? Thanks

Those movies listed here prior to your post are worth getting to showcase the bets of Atmos. My current fave will be the Resident Evil series. PQ is average even though it has HDR but the Atmos sound mix is a different ball game altogether.

Any particular scenes to check out? Not a fan of RE so don’t wanna sit thru a whole movie. Thanks

Same here. Not a fan of RE series as well. As for which scenes, I can say almost every moment with fight and gun scenes. If you dun have time, I suggest pop in RE 2 Apocalypse in the church scene where our protagonists fighting the creature where the latter leaped from one end of the ceiling to another. It really showcase the best of Atmos overheads.

1 Like

Just finished watching this and I am truly awed by the pristine 4K HDR image and a killer DTS-HD MSTR sound mix…yes, it is not even in DTS:X. The overall sound mix for this movie is very aggressive. Bass lovers will love the soundtrack that this movie dished out. If you have a bass shakers, this is one movie that will give you a “good massage” to your bottoms. The story line is abit hard to follow at times but I get the gist of it. I think only Christopher Nolan can come up with such a convoluted storyline that messes with timeline. I need to re-watch again to get the twist. A word of advice when watching this movie…every scene and shot tells a story in time, whether it is the past, present to future. This is one movie that doesn’t require BEQ’ing to enjoy it…there is no throttling in the bass department as far as I can “hear and feel”.

Now I know what’s the hype is all about on this movie. Definitely getting the physical medium when it release.

Sorry, this is the worst movie CN has written and directed. Story is mind bending, messy and very confusing even with subtitles on…what the hell is going on with this time travel inversion plot?

Definitely not going to put myself in other time wasting and agonising two and a half hour rewatch!

PQ and SQ is top notch though!

Haha…that bad huh? story plot aside, this thread is dedicated for bluray/4K release that featured awesome sound mix. Like you mentioned this is definitely one.

This is another great Dolby Atmos mix…so much info in the Atmos channels. You will love it.

1 Like

Just got my copy… hehe

Enjoying all the movies now, so many to watch, so little time. Some to rewatch in 4k HDR Atmos/DTSx

Lord of the rings is also very nice, worth spending the time re-watching it…

Plus we have the option to try out BEQ for the new bass experience

A lot of these movies are a totally different movie now with the set up at home . So good and enjoyable . I don’t miss the cinema at all

Just watched hunter killer in 4k today.

Oh gosh! :scream: the immersion, surround and panning effects are so good for so many scenes, esp those in the water.

Thoroughly enjoyed the superb sound presentation! The sound engineers did a great job i must say.

Gave my HT setup a good test of its immersion and panning capability.

Glad you like it.

Ya so good man…

Watching A Quiet Place 2 now and I have to say the Dolby Atmos sound mix is awesome!!! Same as the first one. Even the Dolby Atmos is mixed at a lower bitrate (640kbps), it is still awesome. Can’t wait to get my hands on the physical medium.