All about XBox Gaming Consoles - One, One X, Series X

Yes, this is the same for Xbox One X users as well. There is no change.

I thought ALLM is a HDMI 2.1 feature, your BenQ won’t be able to support if not HDMI 2.1 compliant.

1 Like

Now before I forget, have you insert a physical disc (game title or 4K UHD bluray disc) and have no issue with the slot in disc tray?

There isn’t an option, so on Netflix not popping up, need to check soon, see if it’s the issue in the vertex 2

1 Like

Oh ya, makes sense, no wonder it is greyed out. The BenQ hdmi is not hdmi 2.1. So won’t work in auto Low latency mode

Correct! Now I know why it doesn’t show up
Thanks , forgot about that

1 Like

ALLM and VRR are all new gaming features of HDMI 2.1 targeted specifically at the gamers. So if you are not a gamer, it will probably not gonna bug you. Same argument goes for the current batch of HDMI 2.1 AVRs which has been plagued with the HDMI 2.1 bug from Panasonic chipset. It won’t affect movie buff whose setup is used chiefly for watching 4K@60fps and normal 8K clips.

I read XBox Series X’s Dolby Vision is using LLDV - Player-Led, so I believe it should work with Vertex 2. Keep us posted of your findings and workaround if any.

1 Like

Player led that’s good !! Still loading, so many things to set, including profiles etc etc

One thing to note is the disc goes in this way! Smooth sailing so far , no issues

Being prompted with a 15.6gb update :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:, thank god wired internet speed is fast at home on fiber. Hell lot of settings to do

In fact still downloading

Managed to hook up all the wireless controllers. Turn on the wireless controller, then go to the console, at the bottom right corner click one small black button, then the Xbox logo on the console starts to blink. Then on the controller, click small button on top where u connect USB c, it will sync with the console and once the light stops blinking, u r ready to go

Yet to figure out how to sync the old controllers
:rofl:

Pics look very sharp and good , but colours and tone mapping look way off. Need to work out the calibration soon

So far so good, all working as intended

I reset the BenQ HDR settings to default, it is so much better now

Playing some 4k HDR bluray movies now

Dolby Atmos kicks in nicely, video is ok,but still can take it up a notch

Colours look rich anc graphics is stunning !!

Looking good there…the colors are very punchy…very good use of HDR10 there. This is why games are where the HDR and Dolby Atmos will shine. See you playing the Avengers

1 Like

Heng ah… :slight_smile:

Happy to confirm no problem with HDR Atmos gaming using the Xbox, no problems with HDR Atmos playing bluray movies .

Audio sounds crisp and clearer. Nice

Tone mapping looks nicer with BenQ pj set to back to default settings

The colours are very rich, so much more richer in 12bit

Clarity is up few levels ! Super sharp & detailed

Top notch hardware

Just tested YouTube music, superior to ATV4K

HDR still doesn’t kick in on YouTube , even for the series X , same as ATV4K

Netflix looks horrible!

Dunno what is wrong, need to check

For comparison sake, this is the HDR with Oppo , calibrated

Vs out of the box HDR settings on the Xbox series x

Again another one , Oppo 205 calibrated pic below

Vs Xbox series X out of the box HDR

You can see from above, why calibrating the screen is very important. It makes a big difference to the end result. Anyway, need to figure out how to solve the Netflix issue, red push, I think from LLDV , not sure at this stage. Updates along the way

Hope I’m not spamming the thread :rofl:

The Oppo one with calibration is much better :slight_smile: I guess it has to do with you using the default settings instead of the calibrated one. For the “red-push”, you may want to play around with the different Custom EDID Profile in Vertex 2? Are you using Automix or one of the custom profile?

1 Like

Yes…that is WHY I sold off my ATV 4K. I dunno why Apple is in such resistance to support VP9 codec for its YouTube app. My Roku Ultra which is cheaper than ATV 4K can do full 12-bit YCC 4:2:2 LLDV/HDR10 using its YouTube app. That is why I’m pretty certain that your will retire your ATV 4K - glad to know that it will be put into good use with your old folks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Custome Sony A1 LLDV, need to compare a few. Lunch break now … hahaha

So many new features and so advanced now. I can even send the signal to the room OLED

You may want to use Automix for a change. Sony A1 LLDV is known to cause “red-push” for some Sony Projectors and OLED TVs. As long as the DV Block is engaged on Vertex 2, using Automix should be fine. You can try various other custom profiles like LG as well but it may not be compatible or make it worse.

Ok I’ve switched it Lg C8 LLDV ( using hdmi input 3 on the vertex2 for the seriesX

Now it’s better !!

Compared to previous version

Will stick to this for now. Just need some calibration work shortly, to bring the colours and pic quality right back up

So far I’ve noticed the video looks far superior and sharper compared to the Oppo 205. So I believe once the series X is calibrated, it will be better than the Oppo 205 for video

Wait till you compare the Dolby Atmos soundmix of your XBox Series X to the ATV 4K…You will be shocked at how much better it sounded on your XBox Series X…prove me wrong LoL.

1 Like

Finally finished the SDR calibration on the series X

Finished , still prefer gamma 2.3 in the living room

Favourite video Ice Cream from black pink to test the colours on 4k SDR

Fantastic piece of hardware, damn fast this Xbox series x