All about XBox Gaming Consoles - One, One X, Series X

Check out the difference!

Am also waiting for Forza Horizon 5, stunning… waiting to BEQ with the roar of the engine on those subs

Unfortunately NOT all X Box game titles with 4K HDR will have Dolby Atmos sound mix. One of the reasons why game will have more aggressive sound mix is because some games requires stealth and creeping up to your opponents to accomplish missions etc. Hence it is not a surprise that most First Person Shooter and Role-playing games will have great sound mix. Racing game titles will definitely give the subwoofers a good workout, no doubt. Sadly these days, I have little time to play console games…even catching movies becomes a luxury these days.

Just watched The New Mutants last night…Its incredibly boring to death!

1 Like

I see, very nice! Few more days to go

For now cannot simply “ditch” the ATV4K, need to keep and monitor now the Xbox series x function when used with Netflix and YouTube

Maybe can “replace” the ATV4K once that is confirmed

But really looking forward to playing games on 135” AT screen with Atmos , kids are pretty excited. Just nice for the holiday period

Controllers just arrived ! Two new controllers. We can also use the existing 2 wireless controllers, so just nice all 4 can play together

Otherwise gonna be world war 2 at home with the kids and their friends

Kids friends like to come to uncles Roni”s house for gaming :rofl:

2 Likes

Series X in the house !!

It supports dtsx !!

Check out logo at the bottom !

The kids have been very nice to me, obedient and finished all their homework etc :rofl:

Wah so guai all automatic , they know NO Xbox if homework etc not finished . So have to guai guai finish

Just saw some YouTube videos online, Atmos waterfall scenes looks amazing on some games, posted by some guy

Tons of review now on YouTube

2 Likes

Congrats on the news purchase. I’m still using XBox One X. :joy:

1 Like

OMG…seems like there are many issues with the new Xbox Series X consoles. Some reported a mechanical “clicking” sound when powered up, high fan noise when installing games and worse of all, the slot-in 4K UHD drive refused to take in any disc!!! I hope bro Bryan’s set is problem-free…but still it seems like a bad batch.

Really ?? Oh no. Hopefully no issues

Will check it out soon

I read some other reports series X having problems with LG TVs

Tell me you will not be using Xbox Series X as a dedicated 4K UHD player even though it can.

We have discussed this. The pros and cons of early adopters. I am sure MS will fix it with a firmware update.

Still have the Oppo 205, does everything I throw at it. The Xbox is just really for gaming, Netflix and YouTube. Then the ATV4K will be given to my mom. Just nice

But I’ll provide all the feedbacks on this console here , update along the way.

Just finished work, some urgent reporting stuff. Finally can unbox it.

Comes with one wireless controller, hdmi high speed cable and power cord. Looks big the console and pretty heavy

Some isolation at the bottom

The wireless controller feels good

This looks really huge like some super computer!

Ya indeed! And it’s heavy. Not sure what’s inside, but definitely a lot more heavier than the Xbox 360, old console

Side by side, as can be seen from above

Before I hooked it up, I went with some divini footers at the bottom, one piece at least right beneath the disc tray location to control any vibrations to/fro the console

Also since I had a spare fiber hdmi moshou, 2m, I decided to use that instead of the stock hdmi 2m cable . 2m the magic number from Microsoft too :wink:

Also had another spare supra LAN cable, just nice using that now. No more spares.

All connected and fired up

Once it’s connected, first thing to do is to download the Xbox app on the mobile phone

A lot easier setting this up with the mobile phone

Then immediately we get a firmware update notification

Whilst the firmware is being updated, it tells you what you can do with the Xbox etc

After that you get another notification to update the firmware of the wireless controllers. That’s done then. So many updates

I hook this up to the HD fury vertex2 hdmi in 3 and the HD fury to the BenQ 5700 pj. So video goes directly to BenQ and Audio is routed to the lyngdorf mp50

Next up we dive into the settings directly, make sure 12bit colour depth is selected

Then we tick the boxes for HDR and various options as follows

Finally just confirmed all works, except 120hz, which is fine with the current Pj

One thing I’ve noticed, LLDV option is grayed out… checking out how to enable that one

Next I downloaded the Atmos and dtsx app from the store

And then I tell the system to pass Atmos dtsx to the avr, that all worked well.

Right until I downloaded Netflix and hit play

Oh my, the red push was massive on series x and it looked horrible !

This pic mode was using the one from the calibrated ATV4K, and still it looked nowhere near the calibrated version on ATV4K.

There is however a calibrate tv and calibrate HDR option on the Xbox, but it’s just a basic calibration.

So I’ll be attempting the proper calibration today for 4k SDR and 4k HDR . But first, I need to figure out how to turn on the LLDV settings! It’s being Greyed out for now

Netflix looked horrible using the out of the box settings! Still some work to do

But sound is very good, it sounded so much nicer on audio, nice improvement on audio. You will enjoy it

Low latency in the series X, what you need to know , good video !

Enjoy, but still doesn’t tell me how to turn on the ALLM seen here

One very important thing before I forget, you wanna note when installing the dolby app, make sure you choose the AVR function

This is free!

If you go with the Atmos headset version on the left, a fee will be levied. Can’t remember if its $9.99 or $19.99 something like that. So avoid that, unless you are using dolby Atmos for headset

Then pass that audio directly to the AVR, if u r using an AVR to decode Atmos

Full moshou hdmi 2.1, connect and forget. HD fury vertex2 all slots fully taken up

1. For Oppo
  2. For ATV4K
  3. For Xbox Series X
  4. For Lyngdorf MP-50

0 headache with this moshou hdmi, works like a charm , that also translate to 0 headache dismantling changing cables .

Hook it up once, and that’s it I’m done, no need to touch anything at least for the next 3 years

There isn’t an option for LLDV in Xbox Series X or are you referring to Vertex 2 setting?