XP members, give a shout-out here

Nice to see you :grinning: you change your nick. Haha

nice to see all old xp guys here, ya, matrix16888 is the ID I used in other forums so take this chance to align…:smiley:

Sunblock checking in. … better late than never as I was busy embarking on a project relating to foliage, :grin:

Desray … thanks for the invite!

1 Like

Thanks…enjoy your stay and ask your kakis to join in the discussion.

Welcome bro…looking forward to your contribution in media players tips and tricks…

I just discovered that I have been banned from Stereonet forum as of today.

Hi Des , at current moment for laser base HT type 4k /UHD the JVC z3 is the most in expensive to get . Only thing is not using full glass lens , basically if it is max out zoom you will see some blurry edges . If it is install within tolerance it will minimize .

These projector is very bright and compact which is great for HDB rooms , it does have H/V lens shift but not as good compare to the JVC N 5/7/9 lens ability .
Having brighter projector means we have better option on the type of ambient light condition to watch in , trade off need to get a grey screen material to obtain better contrast in the new type of environment .

It like back than with projector brighter but cannot do very good black levels , compliment is to use the grey material .

My observation …

Thanks for sharing your insights…may I suggest we direct our projector discussion to this topic segment: 4K/8K Projector Discussion

Oh, you were? Didn’t know that.

Yes. There are 2 possibilities. It’s EITHER Stereonet found out the PMs that I’ve sent to some of the members and somehow they managed to see the content at their backend (if true, this is bad) OR some member which I have forwarded the PM to expose my PM to Stereonet admin to look into it. I suspect it’s the latter (at least this makes me feel better) but I have no proof of any of those possibilities I have just described. After all, this is an online platform that is built on trust and trust is something that is very hard to come by these days, let alone in a cyber realm where keyboard warriors reign.

In retrospect, the amount of time and knowledge expended and shared in XP forum are something that cannot be measured and replaced. I will rather hold on to the good memories than bad ones.

Well that’s life, we move forward, not back.

No wonder i didnt receive any of your pm when you sms me that pm have been sent.

It been a good 16 years with xtremeplace since i joined in 2004 iirc. From a simple 3 spks system to what it is 13 spks setup today. Have learnt a lot.

Anyway let move on, i believe it will be another xp, give it some time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure you can count on my contributions here.

1 Like

Just learned the reason for my ban…It has something to do with my About Me page (content inside was gone). Mystery solved…

whyeme checking in…thks desray for all your advice over the years at xp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome onboard. Enjoy your stay here. Keep the posts coming.

Hi all, its good to see more and more familiar nicks coming on board this forum. I have also received a few PMs here and there asking me some questions “why this and not that…?” In addition, I also know there are some questions which are more “personal” that you will like me to answer. So here goes…

Q: Why called AV Discourse? Why not use back Xtremeplace?
A: The domain name is not available for the take. However, I can choose xtremeplace.co or .org, etc But it just doesn’t seem or sound right to me. Hence I decided to forgo it. Initially wanted to go for avsingforum.com, a name which I intend to use initially but pulled my brake at the very last minute after I have decided to go for a Discourse forum software instead of the traditional php-based forum board. I gave it some thoughts and decided to go for something simple and not latch on to the past (although Xtremeplace will forever have a place in my memory)…time to move on and do something different. Start afresh, hence avdisco.com which is short for av discourse (how cliche :P)

Q: Are you still going to contribute to Stereonet forum? Will we be seeing you there?
A: As much as I want to but the last 48hrs have seen myself been banned. So I will not be able to partake, let alone contribute anything meaningful to the discussion over there.

Q: Desray, you are a “two-headed snake” (aka hypocrite) for creating a new forum, people are calling you out for trying to create a rift in Stereonet forum. What’s wrong with you?!
A: I admitted that I have been a little insensitive when I posted the thread with a poll in Stereonet asking whether anyone wants another forum run by locals (now closed). After been lambasted by the forum admin on the move, I quickly apologized for my insensitive post. There is no shame in admitting that I have made a mistake for posting such a “rude” topic in an open forum. In hindsight, I realized that was outright rude of me! I think I deserved it!

Then why you still proceed to set up a separate forum? TBH the idea of setting up a “new” forum has always been in my mind ever since Queks informed me that there was a transfer in forum ownership. Called me old fashioned or a sceptic but I believe the state and quality of the content (i.e. knowledge sharing) in a forum will be at its optimum when there is no commercial interest attached. Having said that, I am not opposing the idea of Stereonet taking over XP forum so that the knowledge base can continue to be preserved for many more years to come. After all, those knowledge shared for more than a decade is priceless IMO. As a matter of fact, I think Stereonet admin had done an admirable job in turning an otherwise non-descript forum interface (using SMF forum software) to the current state. I have no intention to compete against Stereonet as I intend to continue posting in that forum while notifying a handful of members about this new forum…until it dawned upon me that such actions had caused me to be banned! Nevertheless, with all the hate I have had received over at Stereonet forum, I still believe it is a good place for HT enthusiasts to hang around and more importantly run by a team of industry professionals, which is why I have included “Stereonet forum” in the affiliate link in the top banner. I hope I have cleared your doubts…

Q: Is this new forum run by you alone? Who’s paying for the domain parking and web hosting?
A: Yes. I am a one-man show and this is a site designed from the ground-up by me and yes, I am also footing the bill. This is NOT the first rodeo for me when it comes to hosting a forum or designing webpages. I have done that in the past. [Fun fact: the old XP forum logo was designed by me more than a decade ago.]

Q: Will there be any moderator for this forum?
A: Not at the moment as things are just starting up. As you can see, there aren’t many posts and topics yet, I think I can manage alone for now…anyway, I have been doing moderation for XP forum by myself for many years now and I have used to the volume of PMs, fair share of complaints against me etc.

Q: Many commented about your “iron-fist” approach in moderation. Is this still going to be the case?
A: I have decided to adopt a “lighter touch” to this forum but I will step in when things go south (e.g. racist and seditious remarks). This is just the way I am. I considered myself a fair and reasonable person. I am no saint which is to say I do make mistakes and wrong call at times and if I did, I will readily admit my wrong and apologize. As a former moderator of XP forum and now the Administrator for this Discourse forum, I think it is important to be impartial and not take sides. I believe everyone here is a grown-up and matured enough to know what’s right and wrong.

1 Like

Wind aka winwinc81 here. :slight_smile: nice to see familiar “faces” here.

1 Like

Welcome bro, do enjoy your stay here. Looking forward for you to bring in more AV gadgets to our little community to make HT experience even more Shoik. Minidsp coming up with version 2 of the model with even lower noise floor. Maybe you want to introduce that in the forum.

To have a more enjoyable experience viewing/replying to the content in this forum, you are encouraged to install the DiscourseHub app on your mobile or tablet.

Apple store: https://apps.apple.com/sg/app/discourse-hub/id1173672076

Google Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discourse&hl=en_SG&gl=US

i am back!! hehehe!!

1 Like