The Wiz is going Atmos ® follow along for the ride. Hope SWMBO will be happy too

That’s why we are great team…she loves the F1 too.

I can see all the labelling done now, ready to rock and roll !

Looking good mate

Okay, can you tell me in which movie you can find this question used…’are you an effective team?’

She might know…I’m just the projectionist I don’t follow along with the content unless maybe sci-fi but I’ll mainly watch concerts.

Jack Harper in oblivion …

We all know how that ends…:grimacing:

Haha…ended up they were not an effective team…never fail to rewatch Oblivion now and then!

There is a Santa…so I have a small budget for a 4K PJ, needs a flexible throw for maybe 4.8-5M for 16:9 around the $4K mark but might need slight lens shift for Horzaonta and will be mounted upside down from ceiling height of ~1.8-2M

I have HDBase-t TX/RX so cabling is no issue. Power is on the mount already too.

Rather stick with full 4K image tan pixel shifting if I can get within or close to byudget.

Any thoughts guys?

1 Like

Alf and Peng have suggested the Benq W5700 but I think my screen is too small or my throw is too long, so not sure if that will fly as bigger screen will be over budget unless can trade in my old one and moving the PJ mount is equally problematic.

2 scenarios

at 4800 throw I can’t make the image small enough and would need 160" screen which is wider then the room

at 96" screen which is what I have I can maybe bring the PJ Mount forward to get something in the 4.6m location, but that means messy holes left from the current bracket bolts and drilling new mounts then having the PJ further into then room.

My AE2000 was fine with this setup.

Why not let Alf or Peng do a site visit and let them come up with a proposal on what will be the best course of action? Based on what you describe, I think u need short throw projector to achieve that kind of distance and image size (assume you dun want to change anything). JVC and Sony probably fit your requirements.

Might not fit the budget. If I remount the BENQ forward of the current position by maybe 7-8" I could get away with it.

Was reading some of the W5700 reviews that the ~38-40nits is perhaps going to be an issue as I can’t get the room blackout but then again never had any issue with the AE2000 so I am not sure how that compares in the same space.

My screen is not high gain but was a good quality one but its at least 12 years old too. I dont recall what it was too long ago and wasn’t new when I got it either.

Lots of good advice from bro’s here is a big help. @Ronildoq Bryan’s been giving me positive vibes for the W5700 but a home trial would be the perfect option - if anyone can offer.

Some attritional pics

The top rear speakers are kind of fixing the centre line for the room at 1.5M either side. and to be true to Dolby Atmos they should remain in line with the L&R fronts one of which is just under the Blue 2 tone lamp and the other on the right side.

The taller Oron’s will be moved out probably or turned sideways when not in use for 2 channel.

You can see the balcony light issue here too as the top of the covered area is clear can impossible to curtain off easily so ambient light from the units across the the other side plus carpark area is also not easy to block. The blinks only from max 1.2M so just to the planter Botton along the balcony wall.

I maybe can place the PJ on the rack that is just under it - the rack weighs like 400KGs so doesn’t move about much unless it needs to be moved and that never happens…so maybe some leeway on the PJ coming forward a little at the moment.

as you can see the 3M wide official lounge area is open on both sides bar ~1M of wall on the right front.

Yes We have too much in the room…bit of extra mess as someone stayed over :blush:

Today’s latest update. Had some continued discussion with Alf from late last year Pre C19 about the W5700 and we did a sample mock up at his showroom and all good so did the deal on the spot. No point mucking about. Bryan said he would buy again the W5700 so good enough for me. And some change back from my budget too.

Mrs wiz was like you got today? Seriously??? Wasn’t going to wait about in case she changed her mind…fast hand fast leg.

2 Likes

Nice, is a good choice. Definitely a good upgrade from your existing projector.

Very wise move, once agreed, need to “lock it down” fast before she changes her mind. I did the same. In fact I bought the PJ before building the baffle wall and screen. Lock it down immediately so no turning back or change of hearts

You will love the quality. No eye fatigue and beautiful colours

I fire up YouTube / Netflix and I always enjoy the video quality on this PJ

Pics looks very natural , I was enjoying the video day before yesterday, took some pics in the process too, using my iPhone 8

These were from streaming YouTube

1 Like

Congrats ! Let you settle down first, I’ll catch up with you on how to bring out the best in the w5700, also unlocking the ISF modes in the process , and calibrating the PJ when u r ready, give the lamp some hours

I think it’s UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT

WIll confirm it then I’ll let you know

1 Like

Alf will let me know so dont worry should have access…tool will help im sure - maybe remove the steps above in case others might find :wink:

1 Like

Actually Alf is also ISF trained calibrator iirc. You can get tips from him on how to calibrate.

A little update. Took down the 13 year old AE2000 panny and due to the throw limits to my 96” screen on the W5700 I had to bring the lens forward about 6-8” from the other setup.

So desktop mounted on a small wooden platform for now that’s a bit short but I’ll replace it with something more appropriate in the final setup.

Very happy can even see the test pattern in broad daylight so concerns about ambient light are not a problem.

1 Like

Getting a lot of video lag thru the Xmc-1 at 1080i (starhub set top box) compared to the same source via my Panasonic plasma tv on the other hdmi port.

Need to swap out the Xmc-1 for the Xmc-2 and see what gives there…can anyone think of a setting in the Benq that would affect that?

I’m using an active 15M Fibre cable for connectivity.

Are u on the latest firmware?

What hdmi fiber cable u using ?

If u can dive in to isf, boost up hdmi equaliser