The Wiz is going Atmos ® follow along for the ride. Hope SWMBO will be happy too

Thanks Bryan, need to visit your setup again as last time didn’t even have the big screen up.

1 Like

Come come no problem bro, give me a shout if u need help with eq and projector calibration. Let me know, I’ll come down do it for u when u r ready . If it is the BenQ then it’s very easy for me, because I’m very familiar with both SDR and HDR calibration

mixing engineers, Brad Haehnel Mixing room, surrounds flanked by diffusor

Toe in on the main monitors LR

He had his surrounds slightly behind MLP due to 5.1 configuration. So he ditched the surround backs and have diffusors handle the late reflections from main speakers and first reflection from the surround speakers

The biggest downside with the surrounds not at ground ear levels is when it came to horror thriller movies, the footsteps of people walking around you, seems like it’s coming on top, as though they are floating, which didn’t sound as natural (when the speakers are placed higher but tilted downwards firing MLP)

You still get the sound, but the feeling is as if it’s coming from a higher place

You know those horror thriller movies, u will get that sound mix where creatures or the murderer moving/walking behind you, beside you, those sound should come from the ground level right behind you.

That is why for surround back speakers, not only it is good to be placed behind MLP, it’s even nicer when they are tilted to fire not at ear levels, but lower at body levels. Somewhere firing at the body level. This option is very immersive in my experience

If the back surround speakers are mounted at ear levels and comes with an option to tilt, you will be able to compare AB on the spot to find what you like

1 Like

All the 7.1 stuff will be at ear level or marginally above if sofa arms get in the way but I hope the 24" stays I have will be enough and that the MTM in vertical mount will be ok but I can try both ways anyway. The ERM6.2’s are a bit taller but a lot bulkier if I did have to support them without stands. One pair has some pretty heavy duty brackets already mounted to use if needed but these might get used on the front L&R off the wall as they also have ±2db tweeter option and boundary switch options.

Mounting on the wall will reduce the need for stands at the front so I can use them at the side and rear surrounds instead. Centre is off the wall on some brackets above the rack and below the TVonly a short bit of wall on the right side front will be reflective.

Might have to move the sub eventually elsewhere too, maybe behind the sofa, but my neighbours master bedroom below mu lounge so have to consider that.

Wizard, how much did it cost to make each of the RCA-XLR cables?

Approx $20 each I think but that’s just the parts as I provided the labor doing it myself

Cable labeling boring but necessary evil to be done

I hope they don’t peel off as I used new box of tape for this.

1 Like

One bracket up and next speaker on its new bracket

didn’t think about the shadows so might need some lights in behind them …

1 Like

Looking good Wiz. Hope your missus like it.

Well she said" we are moving to woodlands to jumbo flat and you can have 400sqft to do what you want with and I’ll never go in there"…so I think that’s a NO…so might have to move slowly with 9.1.2 for now until the 2 that are there now get some familiarity time. :frowning: then maybe put 2 more forward for front heights.

I might get away with 2 heights above the screen so will ultimately get closer to the goal using the smaller ERM-1 bookshelves and perhaps the 3rd pair of ERD-1’s on the rear wall for the rear surrounds on the bed layer as I dont think Ill get away with the side and rear surrounds on stands.

Another one done at least looks balanced now

Be careful, bro. Walking on thin ice. A happy wifey makes a happy man.

I have dual subs for 1 year + and my wife till date will still mention sarcastically when are you getting rid of the 2 big black boxes.

1 Like

I see u really love and respect your wife. :+1: what a loving husband.

1 Like

I have one giant one and get the same thing but I always reply well I could maybe replace it with 2 smaller ones but amount of space won’t change much in overall terms, but one big SBS BP13 Ultra is a substantial sub and she did approve it and was there when I went for the demo that SVS/KEC did maybe 12+ years ago

1 Like

Trying my best to be accommodating but she is about the content and I’m about the delivery.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree with her more…haha!

You mean me or Ray?

Need to grab some demo files…

Knowing Uncle Francis…I believe he is agreeing with your wife on the part that “content” matters.

Spot on!