Spiderman No Way Home (Official Trailer)

Hmmm I’ve not watch at the theatre. But as far as my opinion concerns, it’s does satisfy me a lot lol

Hahahah… Your HT system now shld be very solid liao bro.

Ever since I started the HT passion journey, i always find the cinemas sq under par. Prefer to watch at home to experience the surround /atmos effects and bass tactile. :smiley:

These days the ONLY reason why I go cinema is to catch the latest movies. Period. I don’t go for the sound experience as we can do that in the comfort of our home theater in due course. :slight_smile:

Well actually I believe it will sound nice on majority HT cos it’s about the mix in this movie😅

I would like to think that so long speaker placement is “about correct” for Atmos, natively it can produce all 6 height sound for majority of the scene will make the experience better.

I do have customers with limited surround and height position placement due to structures blocking or WAF limitations thus having the surround speaker place behind their couch and/or high up near ceiling :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: hence the sound bubble is not as accurate

But yeah I do prefer to watch movie at home now and it’s been so long since I last stepped into cinema.

Bro @Foodie , welcome you to drop by should you have time :blush:

1 Like

I watched no way home recently at home , my observations after watching the imax version at PLQ

Cinema PLQ IMAX

1. Video  Sharper, better clarity, bigger size, IMAX full aspect ratio. 4K clarity is superb
  2. Atmos/Surrounds  Not as detailed as watching at home, lacking height information
  3. Bass  Dull and one note feel. Just hits and go type. Doesn’t track as well on screen action. No height bass experienced in cinema
  4. Centre Channel  Noted wider dispersion in cinema, louder centre channel than most other channels. Bass missing with vocals, especially evident with electro and lots of other male characters
  5. Background Music  a bit too loud in cinema. Sometimes too loud it feels like vocals are way too soft
  6. Glass shattering and thumping  rumbles in cinema, lacking the midbass oomph and high frequencies

Home

1. Video  HDR is nicer at home, 2:39 scope not as nice as IMAX, resolution and sharpness for details lose out.
  2. Atmos/Surrounds  Web slinging effect is missing a lot in cinema. Including side and rear surround details, noticeable
  3. Bass  Articulated bass, whooshing effect when Dr Strange’s spell kicks in , Goblin Glider scene with bass whooshing missing in cinema. Atmos with bass on sandman scene present. Non existent in cinema
  4. Centre Channel  Vocals much more anchored to screen, less width. Much more precise tracking with mouth movement on screen. Bass with vocals tracking superbly, deeper bass with male vocals
  5. Background music  Much nicer separation when characters on screen speaking with action music in the background. Multi layered 3d like at home
  6. Glass shattering and thumping  much nicer and precise hit to the chest.

This is my experience watching it recently at home

will i watch again at IMAX PLQ ? definitely! early release and and the big screen makes a huge difference. 135’ looks like 65’now comparing to IMAX. Dolby Atmos is a game changer, watching Spider-Man. It’s one of those movies that you must watch in Atmos

There was one scene where Andrew’s Spider-Man vs Tobey, they each try to stop each other from shooting, one from left one from right… that was awesome , both coming from left and right surrounds at the same time. It’s like whoosh left and whoosh right

Timestamp 4:55 this scene quite nice the web shooting effects

Cinema don’t have this experience compared to home with surrounds at 90 degrees

I cannot get this type of specular highlights in the cinema… that was missing in the cinema

HDR is superb on Spider-Man no way home, love it !!

I just got the Dolby vision copy, will rewatch again, this is one movie I will rewatch many times… just love the movie

So clear and nice the details… while watching it, the specular highlights really stand out

Night scene electro and black spider suit is also very nice

Physical media is out…Some FB users posted their copy.

2 Likes