Sony TV Owner's Thread

DPI for Z9K is also so much lower than the A95K…
Z9K is 26dpi
A95K is 34dpi

Any “Calibrator” here that wanna come n play play with Picture Setting’s" for the 8K Resolution Sony Z9K, so that you can add to your “Portfolio” of Tv’s that you have “Calibrated”
Hehehehe!!!

The Sony A95K is “CommonPlace” so i believe most calibrators would already have that oled in their “Portfolio”
Hehehehe!!

both are using the same SOC but yields different results… hmmm… interesting. the only logical technical sense i can think of, the 8K TV is reliant on the XR processor to do the upscale from 4K to 8K, so maybe SONY did do something to control the flow of 4K signals? while the OLED gets “no holds barred” signal flow to the specific XR processor designed for the 4K panel?
i could be wrong… but those are just my thoughts.
anyway, a more acceptable answer should be achieved with the help of panel assessment device to determine the proper DPI. not relying on the app to communicate with the system board to get results, since the panel ID cannot be determined.

Thks for your answer buddy

My neighbour in my block took delivery of his brand new Sony 85" X95L Tv yesterday…
It’s a beautiful tv. Did the basic set up for him. He loves the colours n sound

1 Like

My neighbours Sony XR-85X95L up n running smoothly…

Sony’s new model references seems to be… confusing to buyers in the year 2024!

more results thru this page…
https://www.wi-fi.org/ko/product-finder-results?sort_by=certified&sort_order=desc&categories=7&companies=2941
i wonder… does the re-arrangement of numbers mean something changed to the specs on new models?

ohhh!

the ditching of the costly tech was planned much earlier!

…after all, it’s about manufacturing cost and marketing…

Surprised by the news.

Hope this change in Sony’s strategy to focus on mini Led can help bring local dimming tech to the next level!

My gripe for mini Led is the ability to control blacks and blooming (which translates to subtitles) in dark scenes. It stands out like a sore thumb in dark scenes.

Also, as panels are getting brighter, it’s not good for our next generation’s eyes.

Sony salesperson could probably be smiling their way to the bank, since they would be achieving more sales on the 85X95L after interested folks found out prices of the most competitive Premium makes from the Chinese Marques?

GPGT…
螢幕擷取畫面 (383)
…it’s a choice over Picture Engine, or more dimming zones with higher nit performance!

SONY 2024 TV models will employ different model coding layout… that will take sometime to study, what is the YOM- year of manufacture is indicated with.
螢幕擷取畫面 (390)
while “XR” may seem very clear cut refers to the Picture Engine… what does “S” stands for?

2024’s OLED model references, is confirmed to be ##XR80 where ## stands for screen size number.

There is some good news on that front, Sony has developed a new backlight technology for their upcoming flagship Mini LED TV(s). So this new backlight system is supposed to increase brightness for specular highlights without blooming around these highlights. They are also using their own in house drivers, which apparently will be more even efficient than the ones they used in their 2023 X95L. So on paper, a brighter but more efficient mini led driver system, with more dimming zones, with better contrast, with lesser blooming(without losing shadow details, no crushing of near black). On paper sounds like a dream TV for those who prefer full array local dimming tvs based on mini-leds. Pretty sure it will cost a leg and an arm, but hey at least there is some innovation & progress on the mini-led front.

For what it’s worth…I still prefer the image on a full array local dimming led/mini led based TV than OLED, OLED looks unnatural for some reason, like…processed.

1 Like

Wow that is v good news! Thanks for sharing this!

This will be a great breakthrough for traditional led based panels!

1 Like

I assume it’s the tech that these articles are describing ya?

1 Like

currently there’s no leak on what is improved, what is modified, what additional new technique is employed.
miniLED TV/Display construction is still the same as directLED TV/Display while picture brightness and quality is still affected by dimming zones which is driven by how many lighting diodes used, and how the Picture Engine process picture output.

my speculation, to achieve deep blacks, in the whole TV/Display construction, the light diffuser layer plays a great part in the “secondary” stage while the LED diodes is the “primary/foundation” of light. hence, either the light diffusing layer material is tempered/changed/modified or SONY is doing something on not employing the light diffuser as independent layer, but rather, highly light reflective layer integrated to the caseback…

that’s my own speculation from technical point of view. only when official product is available, tech geeks acquires, do a tear down video, then we’ll know well and better what are the improvements and advancements.

Yes. Here is a couple of videos talking about it:

Here:

watch out for the “Sony Bravia Cinema Coming Home” podcast tomorrow!

Japan Standard Time 0100hrs… ehh… 2300hrs here?