Sony TV Owner's Thread

oooh… that would mean one of the HDMI inputs for the miniLED biggie will have to be used for settop box connection for local TV…

Hehehe!! i dont watch any local channels because its all “PAP” CrapShit…
Hehehehe!!!

Just too bad that the Z9K doesnt come in 65" size…(only comes in two sizes at 75" n 85")
if not i would have bought a 8K Resolution Z9K also for my bedroom set instead of a “Crappy 4K Resolution A95K”
Hehehehe!!

is it possible that they sourced from Crutchfield? where they carries only the 75" and 85" models?

Z9K only comes in 2 sizes buddy…
see the official Sony USA website link attached below…

my bedroom wall size can only fit and max out at 65"…
sad…
if not i would gladly have purchased another 8K resolution Z9K for my bedroom too…
75" cant fit the bedroom wall.

In Hong Kong the 85" Z9K is being sold for HKD$149990 which is SGD$26218 at todays currency exchange rate.

In China the 85" Z9K is being sold for RMB$79999 which is SGD$15011 at todays currency exchange rate.

索尼Z9K_Sony Z9K_BRAVIA电视机|报价,价格,配置,详情-索尼中国在线商城
索尼Z9K,在线购买Sony Z9K,了解最全的索尼 Z9K图片,报价,介绍信息,最新的索尼Z9K配置,报价信息,尽在索尼中国在线商城.

In USA the 85" Z9K is being sold for USD$6999 which is SGD$9572 at todays currency exchange rate.

So if SONY SG were to bring in this tv in at 85" i can safely say that SONY SG will charge it at more than SGD$30000+++

to price a miniled 8K TV to a level that supercede their highest end big size OLED… Sony would be shooting their foot.
5 digit price tag is possible, but probably not until a COE level where one could use for 10yrs guaranteed by LTA, than 3yrs by Sony.

Hehehehe!!! u got that right Mate!!
Hehehehe!!!
Stupid piece of “PAP” crapshit requiring citizens to buy a useless piece of paper called “COE”!!

https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/tv-and-audio/tvs-en-2/tvs-en-3/sony-bravia-xr-x95l-mini-led-85-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-google-tv-xr-85x95l.html
considering it’s $9.1K for 4K with 3yrs warranty without extension option… 8K might go as high as 1.8X if Sony brings in in limited volumes.

anyway the Shop that i ordered from is “Sevamall”

do contact “Shane” at 87161108

i will attach the website links of Sevamall below.

Lazada n Shopee.

Congrats on your new toys! Wow 85". Will be v syok + it’s sony!

Shane is reliable, his after sales service is also good. Bought quite a few tv sets from him.

Saved a lot of monies.

Highly recommended

1 Like

Thks buddy, I knew him about 6years ago…
My 1st purchase with him was the 75" Z9D.
That was 5years ago…
Champs of a dude…
Superb PR Skills.

i have downloaded the latest firmware from the Sony America website n loaded it up on a thumbdrive, in anticipation of both the tv’s arrival tomorrow.
both the Z9K n A95K share the same firmware (Pretty convenient to update both sets with one firmware, hehehehe!!!)

Loaded up n ready to be delivered soon…
Yahoo!!

1 Like

Delivery n installation delayed till 7pm - 8pm tonight…Sad…

i am really impressed with the Sony A95K.
it’s really a “Wow Factor”
for the Sony Z9K,
it’s a “Mixed Bag”… its good, but doesnt impress as much as the Sony A95K.
the colors n black levels are definately a few steps up from my older (Year 2016 Model) Sony Z9D Master Series

Enjoy the picture nirvana cash.

I’ll be surprised if u are not v impressed by the A95k. It is THE BEST TV display bro. Reference in all the key areas. My dream tv.

The colors are very accurate ootb,
plus its gamut coverage is v impressive. U will be drooling over the hdr colors when u play reference scenes.

Be sure to disable the relevant picture settings, esp the warmth tone, to get the most accurate colors and picture.

1 Like

I installed the APK called “AIDA64” in both the Sony’s…
The weird part is that it reports findings that the Z9K is 4K in resolution, instead of 8K…

For the A95K, it shows up as 4K which is normal…