Sony TV Owner's Thread

to anyone that has the US(American) sony tv’s like me… Head’s up guy’s!! new Firmware out on 11th Nov 2020!!

its Andriod OS 9 now for the D, E, F, and G Series. Cheers!!

i updated both my 75’Z9D, and 49’X900F.

link is attached below. expand the applicable model’s list to see if your US(American) set 's can be updated.

my bedroom tv set is a local singapore 65’Z9D… sadly Asia Pacific Sony set’s are super slow in updates.

so still stuck on Andriod 8 for that one lone set in my master bedroom…

At Last!!!
i have loaded a “Fully Working Apple TV+” APK File into all my 3 Sony TV’s, “Year 2016 and 2017 Models”.
Google Playstore doesnt have the Apk file in the Sony tvs for installation. i Sideloaded it via downloading the apk into my computer, n then transfered it into a USB Thumbdrive formatted in “Fat 32”. then i connected the thumbdrive into the sony tv’s usb ports n used file manager to open the apk file location. i used the inbuilt “Package Installer” in sony tv’s to install it.
SUCCESS!!! AT LAST!! ALL WORKING FINE N DANDY!!
Attached below is the link/website to download the file. i didnt download the latest Apk… i downloaded the Version 2.2.
Enjoy Guy’s!!

Damnit!!! the Z9D’s year 2016 goes into boot loop!!
the kd900F year 2017 can run it. but its pixallated!!!
Damn… :’(

Sony’s new Quantum Dot OLED …interesting… good competition…

Any price indication? Suspect it will be beri exp

I’m sure it will be right up there… the name Sony…. U know it’s not going to be cheap

Expect OLED prices to drop soon with the introduction of Quantum Dot OLED

Hope this will push down the 77" oleds to an affordable level.

Currently the jump from 65" oled to 77" is too huge

Yea I think it’s about time, we should see OLED prices dropping further with the new QD OLED being introduced.

Fierce healthy competition between Samsung and LG. This is what we get.

Awaiting reviews from stop the FOMO guy on YouTube , comparing the QD OLED and OLED side by side

Not sure about you guys, but recently i came across this Sony OLED, and boy its absolutely stunning!!

The video on the Sony OLED seems superior to the LG OLED from what im seeing.

Sony’s new Quantum Dot OLEDs look damn impressive. It is the OLED TV to beat for 2022!!

:muscle:

Yea and there you go…

The winner and new king of OLED , Sony’s QD OLED , damn good… not surprised to note it won the shootout

1 Like

Yes the sony a95k qd oled is the tv to beat. Many reviewers have praised the colors…

But, the price is still too expensive. For the price of a 65" a95, we can almost buy a 77" oled liao.

Likely need to wait 5years b4 it gets more affordable.

1 Like

at long last, a new firmware update for the Sony Z9D!!! But as usual, no info on what is the improvements in this latest firmware update…

For those who have “American Set’s” v6.7120 (24th Aug 2022)

For those who have “Local Set’s” v6.7120 (24th Aug 2022)

Vincent seems to like the latest Panasonic OLED, which reaches 1,000 nits of peak brightness. Wonder how it compares to the Sony a95k

https://youtu.be/R6–IH6Qqig

If anyone is keen on qd-oled, pls be warned about the s95b. Vincent teoh discovered something alarming on the samsung s95b boosting luminance when he first compared the 2 tvs. Cant rem which time stamp. But… Strange. hdtvtest seems to have updated the video recently.

Sony has released new firmware for the Z9D.
At last the “Official AppleTV Apk is supported”

For Asian Z9D Sets. it was released on 20th Sept 2023.

For American Sets. it was released on 12th Sept 2023.

Tomorrow evening by 7pm, Both my 75"Z9D, n 65"Z9D will be replaced with a Sony 85"Z9K 8K Mini LED “Master Series”. and a Sony 65"A95K QD OLED “Master Series”
According to the Parallel Importer that i purchased this 2 “Master Series” Tv’s from, i am the 1st and Only Owner of the Sony Z9K 8K Tv in Singapore. (Since The Really Stupid Sony Singapore does not n will never bring this tv into Singapore shores!!!)
will take pictures of both set’s tomorrow once its installed on my wall in the hall n bedroom.

Both are “Pure American Set’s imported in”