OLED & LCD technologies discussion

what is going on in U.S. …

…the trend may not be be the same here in local environment…
螢幕擷取畫面 (345)
…due to, size and transport-ability.

SHARP Europe had introduced 2 new QLED makes into European market.

SHARP LED TV products with Quantum-DOT layers started to appear in European market since 2022 with their "E"year series.

then starts to be available in Asian region with their much expensive miniLED TV models this year. however, SHARP miniLED seems to be moving kinda slow as the price would considerably to be too high to specification-nerd buyers when compared to other makes in the market… especially competitive models from their partner, HiSense, who makes their products for the European market.

HiSense UX is a direct competitor to take on XLED from SHARP!

considering that SHARP XLED may “loose” the fight to HiSense in sales figures(specification-nerd consumer vs marque-based believer), there may be a possibility that LEDTV with Quantum-DOT layer may be planned next year to be added to SHARP’s Asia catalogue since SHARP QLED TV in Europe had gained a firm stand in the 2nd year cycle, and to the Japanese mainstream marque, SHARP could be the “1st” to introduce their Quantum-DOT layered display in Asian market.

pricing is out! 4days before Xmas to draw buying crowds’ attentions. this time round, NTUC/Giant is not their launching ground, but rather from Courts where i don’t recall PG/MG card discount is available…

螢幕擷取畫面 (369)

latest on the entry level OLED TV that interested buyer can look on…
螢幕擷取畫面 (373)
due to no new replacement OLED model from HiSense introduced this year, the price comes down gradually slow from last years listed number. there’s a roughly 8% discount going on now to the HiSense that brings the final price under $3k.
the PRISM+ 65inch OLED is about $100 lower than the LG A3 @$2700 with e-coupon applied. as much as i would like to believe that the panel used on the PRISM+ is BoE made…

…the price seems to indicate that the panel used could be identical to A3 or PHILIPS 708.

OOOH!!! YEEAAH!!! ANTI-GLARE!!!

ehh… WAIT! isn’t that glass panel look kind of familiar?
yeah… it definitely look familiar!!!

so… to SAMSUNG, it’s an old tech. to consumers, it’s a “new” implementation!

Stop the FOMO’s introduction of HiSense range of displays…

…shows a range with Samsung’s Frame’esque matte panels!!!

the almost forgotten SHARP IGZO technology is back!!!

or… is it?

when China’s BoE had developed a true, “consumer sized” display with AMQLED prototype?

PHILIPS strikes back?
螢幕擷取畫面 (388)
price to hit on local “PeeWee” to draw more buyers attention with PHILIPS reputation on Warranty Package?
hmmm…

after the Koreans and Chinese marques, Quantum Dot layer employed by mainstream marques we saw from the Japanese, is pretty obvious available only thru their higher-end products such as QD-OLED from SONY with their A95L, and thru SHARP with their FV1X miniLED displays.

PHILIPS gonna jump in to the QLED world this year… with their product identified with PQT designation…

…the move is probably triggered by the success of sales elsewhere thru their “house-brand” AOC, which i had shared earlier, now available locally from COURTS, exclusively.

for the moment, the product pages to respective models that give details on the specs are not ready and up for access to interested folks. however, u’re able to select and call for comparison that IMO, doesn’t give informative references, except that some fields that would significantly different between the QLED model and the regular LED model.
https://www.philips.com.sg/etc/philips/b2c/compareproducts.html/?locale=en_SG&catalog=CONSUMER&ctn=75PUT7129/98,75PQT8369/98,75PQT8169/98

PHILIPS QLED range seems to be allocated to the 8000 series, with 8169 and 8369 number reference. how much technical advancement between 1 and 3 is not clear yet since the product pages are not ready.

will PHILIPS QLED be able to priced to compete with PRISM+ locally? probably not. however, i assume, PHILIPS QLED would be priced to take on the Chinese giants, both TCL’s C645 and HiSense’s U6K(non-pro, non miniLED), where their QLED TVs hovers around $2k for 75inch makes.

[quote=“Ed.YANG, post:77, topic:880, full:true”]
probably coming… … probably not… …

… … …[/quote]
it’s too late for AiWa importer/distributor to bring in this 75inch Google OS QLED model…
螢幕擷取畫面 (400)
… as a new replacement model is going to be release in coming weeks, first in Taiwan market, then to other markets.
螢幕擷取畫面 (404)
from the specs, generally i don’t see any difference. it’s the same Quad Core ARM-Cortex55 with G52 GPU and 3 HDMI inputs, i assume that the panel will likely be the same as well, with just minor difference in the aesthetic part.
the price after X-rate conversion base on 1:22 comes to roughly SGD$1.68k w/3yrs complete coverage warranty.

u may get a little confused, should there be any concern to what’s release elsewhere? well, i mentioned the price, warranty, and size, as well as specs. 4 factors put together determines how much should we be expecting on upcoming QLED TV models, from PHILIPS, or even AiWa will be priced. TCL’s C645 range pricing had given us a reference on how QLED TV is priced base on the 4 factors.

AiWa’s 75inch webOS non-QLED model WS-759G recently goes under $1k @ Giant MegaMart. while we may say that the pricing is normal for such low spec’ed model with not-so-complete warranty coverage, i would consider that as an indication of probable new model in plan to replace or added as an option for buyers interested with alternate OS.

since TCL’s C645 range is brought into the topic on “affordable QLED”, i guess it’s logical to touch on what “kind of value” does TCL brought to us base on specs it can offer…
螢幕擷取畫面 (406)
this non-miniLED C645 comes with quad core ARM-Cortex55 CPU but Mali G31 GPU that may not be comparable to what PHILIPS or AiWa may offer. however, the picture performance is enhanced by TCL’s AiPQ picture engine, while the higher end PHILIPS may come with their P5 picture engine, AiWa will just rely on whatever the SoC may offer judging on the cost.
螢幕擷取畫面 (408)
here we see thru the leaked update in PHILIPS catalog page, 2 models of QLED TV is coming up in months time. the higher-model-numbered one so far i can see thru comparison, only shows that there’s a panel native refresh rate difference, other parts not updated. TCL’s C645 panel’s refresh rate are not 120hz, but 120hz DLG capable.

TCL’s 75C645 is sold @ controlled price of $2.1k and 85C645 is sold @ $2.7k both with 3yrs complete coverage warranties. so… how PHILIPS and AiWa will be priced, that will be interesting to observe.

more bigger screen OLEDs this year from LG…

…but if the prices don’t drop, LG can just sit there and feel bad that their product don’t sell as much as options of miniLED grows.

the last post was a screencap from CPSA- Consumer Product Safety Agency. this following screen cap from NEA is more…

…eye popping! 19models! and some model in CPSA is not even updated in NEA page yet!
what is LG thinking? more options to challenge miniLEDs from Chinese makers side? ur OLED TVs are obnoxiously EXXXXXXXE bro!!!

those buying “median size” @ 55", 65", and large @ 77" from Samsung…

…will be like playing tikam!

how would PHILIPS first entry of QLED in Asia-Pacific market be priced competitively to compete with Chinese Marques?

55" comes to about SGD$1K?
65" comes to about SGD$1275?
75" comes to about SGD$1730?

if they do that locally, be prepare to lose the competition…

2024 marks the year we see SONY made a change to their models numbering. the same thing is coming to SHARP as well… with the return of 4 number references which had appeared for a short period roughly 10yrs ago.

currently, i see new model reference in this way:
4T-C##@&##00x
螢幕擷取畫面 (489)
while the first 5 remains as an identity to tell the basic spec of the model like 4K and size, the next alphabet(@) remains to signify the manufacturing/launch year, follows by another alphabet(&) which either N/U may refers to possibilities of either Quantum Dot Layer is embedded or not. the 4 number reference may refer to different grades in display tech, where i currently see listed in NEA site, comes in 2 reference, 7000 and 8500. in the end, X refers to market region.

what is SHARP cooking in their pot, no idea for the moment to me. i think, in speculation, in between these 2 number references, there could be 7500 and 8000 where "7"series could be typical FALD-DLED backlight, while "8"series could be miniLED backlight?
only time will tell… either from local site or Asia-Pacific countries site.
for the moment, thru the model numbers i found that SHARP 2024 models for China market are also utilizing these 2 number references. the 7000 series comes with both 86inch and 100inch in size as well… but what is coming to local market is yet to finalize, except the 3 u see in the screen cap above.
8500 series is miniLED backlight system in China, locally wise… will have to be determined when SHARP site is updated in coming months.

okie dokie… here are the screen caps from the Chinese Sales Platform which is not easy to grab when the site rejects foreign access to see on pricing and specs.

the FALD/DLED backiight GN7000

which seems doesn’t comes with Quantum Dot layer integration.

the miniLED backlight

no Quantum Dot layer integration mentioned in the screen cap here, except high refresh rate of 144hz “native”, as described here…

however, after several tries…

yeah, Quantum Dot Integration is in the deeper hidden details.

4 PHILIPS OLED models assessed and certified in 2 regulating authorities…
螢幕擷取畫面 (493)
…should be available in coming months.

product page created for the new 2024 XLED replacement model is up, over @ Malaysian site!

from the picture above, the body is more slimmer, and what’s refreshing… as shown from the screen cap i got from Chinese website above, is the stand.

with slimmer body, it seems as if ARSS, SHARP’s term on their internal multichannel audio system integration is removed in this upcoming replacement model, as listed in the specification from the page. reminds me of how the latest from SONY, BRAVIA 7 looks to be.