*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

ARC seems still not fully functioning, so we can wait… :joy:

Yes…blessing in “disguise”.

Finally some positive news from an early adopter who claimed that all if not most of the bugs have been fixed, particularly the ARC Genesis room correction which is the crown jewel of Anthem Receivers and AV Amps.

Since Jan this year, I have been bugging both Anthem and TEG for a unit and to date, still no stock. We are now into the start of 2nd Qtr…let’s hope stock coming soon. Now I feel safer to get my hands on one.

1 Like

The woes of no stock aside, I’m disheartened after I saw this review on the Anthem MRX740. WHAT THE HECK is Anthem doing…even until now, the ARC Genesis is still full of bugs?!..C’mon!!!

Not the only processors out there with bugs…common trait it seems

Latest update from a Malaysian distributor is that the stock will only come in by end of the year. Likely Nov-Dec period.

can forget about anthem, delays, bugs…:frowning:

Don’t discount them so fast just yet…most of the reviewers are very happy with the sound quality it produced if done right. But there is no denying that it is indeed a frustrating ordeal for most users. I just hoped that by the time the product landed here, it will be fixed. Some of the firmware updates have had addressed most of the bugs but they need to do more on the ARC Genesis calibration issue.

Some updates…

This is for those who wish to secure a unit. E77, another reseller here in Singapore will place order with the main distributor, TEG for anyone who wishes to secure a unit (MRX1140) in the coming months. Waiting time will be between 3 and 4 months (no guarantees though). As you can see, the promo price will be $5,850, a savings of about $650. 50% deposit required and refundable if unable to meet the timeline.

I’ve just placed a 50% deposit for the MRX1140 today with E77. Now have to play the “waiting” game. :frowning:

2 Likes

Latest update from TEG. A limited quantity of MRX 1140 is en route to Singapore. Hopefully can get my hands on the new AVR by end of this month or early July.

1 Like

waiting for your review when you get the unit bro!

Looking forward for your review on the anthem!

1 Like

According to most Anthem owners around the globe, most of the bugs have been fixed except for a few annoyances if you are a Mac user. So if you are a Windows user, the ARC Genesis calibration s/w should be working fine now. For those who are still on the fence about whether to get it due to some of the initial bugs reported, I think you can sigh a relief. :smiley:

Hi Desray, I’m eyeing an Avm70 as my possible next processor. I see some worrying reports in the avsforum thread about 24bit atmos, true HD or dts hd tracks being possibly downsampled to 16 bit…
Also some users reported loss of dynamics - several sound quality drop when this happens.
It appears to happen with multichannel 24bit track, stereo 24bit is played correctly and sounds fantastic.

Have trawled thru more than 100 pages of the 170+ page thread and haven’t seen if this is resolved.

Wondering if you came across anything?

Thanks!!

On a positive note, very good reviews here.

I’m not following the AVM 70/90 thread but rather the MRX x40 series thread. Knowing Anthem, I know they will follow up and eventually resolve it as long as there is an outcry or demand for a fix. They do roll out several beta firmware for users to try but as you said, haven’t see light at the end of the tunnel.

FWIW if this “downsampling” issue is plagued the AVM 70/90, I would expect the same issue for the MRX as well since this is software decoding rather than the hardware - e.g. sabre chip vs say AKM chip. And yes, I won’t deny that Anthem needs to quickly resolve it as more users clamouring for a fix for such an expensive AV amp.

Finally…after nearly 8 months of agonizing wait. My Anthem MRX 1140 has finally made it to our little island. It is time to offload my Denon AVC-8500H. Thanks to Arvind from 1877 in helping to secure a unit for me.

2 Likes

That’s a long wait!
Will you be posting a review on this?

There have been reports of noisy fan and some ARC calibration bugs etc. I will have to go through the entire process myself to know whether the bugs are just annoyances or a “real” showstopper. The review will come at a later stage. These days, I’m overwhelmed with my work (main job) as such you won’t see me posting as much as I used to. I will come in once in a while to post. I’ll let members take the lead in carrying out the discussion.

Congrats! Hope to hear your review soon!