*Official Thread* Anthem AVM 70 & 90 and MRX 540, 740 & 1140

Oh…I see. That’s you. LoL…going 4th jab…I thought you in the 70s senior citizens…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I opt for sinovac vaccine as I’m not sure what would be the side effect of mRNA vaccine…3 jabs considered vaccinated, 4th jab is booster… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah…now that makes perfect sense. Yes, you need booster dose to play safe. In that case, better don’t risk it. Get the jab soon then visit your place.

1 Like

managed to read all the posts in AVS MRX540/740/1140 thread, seems I’m not the only one felt new Anthem is harsh/bright on high frequency. This post’s approach is exactly what I did…a good reference for forum bros who may have same issues:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/owners-thread-for-mrx-540-740-1140-receivers.3180183/page-188#post-61291638

2 Likes

Great Achievement Bro :ok_hand:, Usually the AKM chips are more sharp and resolving on the top end but not the AKM4499 chips. Again it depends on the implementation too and preferences too. I still preferred the AKM4499. Unfortunately the factory is burnt and I heard in some forum that some company started manufacturing the AKM chips again.

I am free today (Fri) from 1pm onwards. Anyone want to drop by for a listen to Anthem is welcome. Max is 2 pax due to my small room. Read the rules here: Desray's Home Theatre Demo and Sharing Session (mostly Sat)

As always, drop me a pm.

Update:
Session full for today.

1 Like

Too bad I’m busy on this date/time, I’m very curious to see one in action too!

Always another time…:smile:

Desray is right. Just let me know and I’ll be happy to host you.

I don’t speak Cantonese but I bet some members here do…

1 Like

translate it in google chrome.

Anthem MRX1140 Canadian Home Theater Expert: “Extremely Powerful” 15.2 Channel Flagship AV Amplifier Studio Measured! 【AV Amplifier Review】

January 31, 2022 Hugo 4K , ANTHEM , Dolby Atmos , DTS:X , MRX1140 , Home Theater , Dolby Atmos

AV Amplifier AV Report Top Stories

Canadian audio brand Anthem’s new MRX 1140 AV amplifier can handle 15.2-channel processing and 11.2-channel output. For those who are active home theater high-end players, but also plan to upgrade in the future, this machine is in playability and compatibility. There is a great advantage in terms of ability! Corresponds to 4K HDR10, Dolby Vision output, and supports Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro and IMAX Enhanced in audio! Those who like to listen to music with streaming can also support Airplay 2, Google Chromcast and Bluetooth playback, and will soon be able to support Spotify and Roon through software upgrades, and MRX 1140 can also be upgraded to HDMI 2.1 in the future, supporting 8K in daily application functions. It’s all there!

~ The evaluation film is at the bottom of this article~

High Precision Room Sound Field Revised Technology: ARC Genesis

Anthem must be the most well-known Anthem Room Correction technology called ARC, and the MRX 1140 is equipped with the latest third-generation ARC Genesis technology. You only need to connect the microphone that comes with the box to your laptop and install the ARC application. program, MRX 1140 can use the microphone to detect the sound distribution in the listening space and adjust the sound frequency range to the best state! As for users, they can also adjust according to their own preferences! It is worth mentioning that you can use the mobile phone and tablet for global operation of the amplifier, and you can directly adjust the parameters of each channel to more freely match the most diverse home audio and video entertainment experience.

Watching the show + listening to the song: the sound balance is extremely high, and the reference-level timbre with no biased personality

In terms of setting the ARC sound field revision function, you need to first connect the Anthem MRX 1140 to the home network (WiFi), then install the Anthem sound field revision program on the PC or MAC computer, and connect the microphone to the computer via the USB terminal! Anthem MRX 1140 will find the computer and microphone over the network! The setting process is quite simple, as long as you clearly select the current speaker format on the page, you can simply initialize the sound field calibration function! What deserves praise is that you can set multiple presets (Pre-set) on the operation interface, and you can calibrate the playback format of home theater (multi-channel) and listening to songs (two-channel) at the same time! As far as the two sets of 4K works of “Dune Battle” and “John Wick 3” have been tested in a row, the most important feature of the MRX 1140 is that the three frequencies are extremely average, which can cope with the night-time melee in the middle of “Dune Battle”, background music, various Sound effects such as big bang, etc., have a high stability under the playback pattern of 7.1.4 that day, and will not overly highlight a certain frequency band due to the personality problem of the amplifier. The overall movie atmosphere presented is quite pleasing!

Try watching the show and listening to the song again, ARC is really accurate

Try again the protagonist of “John Wick 3”, where the protagonist is ambushed by a group of killers. The collision sound effects such as glass bursting, punching, guns and fires, etc., have a very high balance performance on the MRX 1140! Compared with conventional AV amplifiers that use their own processing power to deal with the sound field calibration process, MRX 1140 cooperates with third-party computers to detect the playback space data such as distance, speaker delay, EQ and subwoofer phase, etc. It is more accurate, even if you don’t need to make any more. Manual fine-tuning has been able to make a very complete sound performance! When playing the 4K version of “Eric Clapton The Lady in the Balcony” in the Logic-Music mode of the amplifier, it can be found that the MRX 1140 is significantly more restrained in terms of low frequency than that of the show, making the vocals and instruments more loud and prominent, and can maintain the sound. It should have thickness, without losing the sense of transparency that music should have!

Then use the latest Apple TV 4K to connect MRX 1140 to test the performance of the amplifier in music videos, and test two popular songs on Youtube: MC Zhang Tiancai “Memory Foam” and Mirror “12” can find the amplifier in Logic-Music mode The performance of the music below is relatively average, and the sound can show the smoothness and slickness that music should have.

Conclusion: "High-precision neutral tone, an ultra- playable AV amplifier accessible to advanced players "

Compared with the more familiar Japanese AV amplifiers, the biggest feature of Anthem MRX 1140 is that the sound personality is not particularly strong, and the tri-band display obtained after the ARC revision is quite balanced, even novice players can easily grasp the high balance. timbre orientation! For audio and video veterans, the biggest advantage of the MRX 1140 is that users can see all the common and advanced options of the AV amplifier at a glance on their mobile phones or tablets. Both novice and veteran players can quickly compare various advanced functions on the device, so that Operation is more comfortable and easier! The last thing to add is that the microphone that comes with the amplifier is more compatible with the USB2.0 terminal than USB3.0. It is recommended that you pay attention when pairing the microphone!

Specification Highlights

:diamonds: Channel processing, output: 15.2 channel processing / 11.2 channel output
:diamonds: Maximum power per channel: 140W x 5 / 60W x 6
:diamonds: Supported surround sound systems: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and IMAX Enhanced
:diamonds: Supported video formats: Dolby Vision / IMAX Enhanced
:diamonds: HDMI Terminal: 7 Inputs / 2 Outputs (eARC x 1)
:diamonds: Network Function: AirPlay 2 / Chromecast / Bluetooth
:diamonds: Dimensions: 15.24 × 43.18 × 36.4 cm (H×W×D)
:diamonds: Weight: 15.2 kg
:diamonds: Pricing: HK$46,880

1 Like

Thanks Ron for your hosting to Demo us your newly Anthem AVM 70. I am impress by the abilities of the Anthem processor after ARC process. Sound impressive as compare to your previous Denon AVR. ARC really help to cut away all the room mode issue where the Denon with Audyssey can’t do so much.
Overall sound is clean and clear. Bass department was lack, but that i believe was due to your room mode issue that make ARC help to cut out all room mode issue. After you add +4db on the bass, it sound much better. But for further improvement on sound quality we had to take care of the room by adding some acoustic panels to improve the SQ further. The app from Anthem also make it convenient for user to tweak and adjust the sounds to your liking.
Anthemmmmmmm…
Good choice for your purchase…

2 Likes

@kennyluck2000 bro am happy to host you guys.
Really appreciate your sharing and this is what the forum is about. Thanks again!

Its my pleasure to share this new Anthem AVM 70 with the prowess of ARC Genesis
Enjoy the chit chat too. :slight_smile:

Just to share above IP Man 3 demo scene is currently my favourite now.
Thanks to bro @Wind . :slight_smile:
The Poles fight -(I love the sound steering) , Knifes and Punches are all these in this 5mins demo scene.

I will take this ARC settings as a reference for the next demo, also for my improvement tuning.
If there is a day where i change my MLP and layout,
more plan acoustic panels will be in place subject to WAF haha.

PS : There are 6-8 bros pm me for a demo

I will need to see when the next schedule.
Next week over May 1, 2 and 3 is a super long weekend, will try arrange.

Let’s align for safety concern.

1. Maximum 3 bros ( MLP area)
  2. ART Test few hours before coming
  3. Masks On

Thanks so m.
Cheers.
Ron

2 Likes

Well done bro rock. I will pay u a visit soon to experience your Anthem.

1 Like

Sure bro @desray will plan and update u in advance thks again

Maybe I can help and advise you a little on this…

1 Like

Yah man let’s do it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Next in Q for me and @djblackfm

1 Like

:grinning: welcome bros.