Desray's Home Theatre Demo and Sharing Session (mostly Sat)

I will be opening my place for those who are interested to hear the performance of the new Anthem MRX 1140. I will be sharing some setup tips and going through some of the new features and what to expect from the Anthem upgrade roadmap for this year.

Those who are interested to hear what an up-firing Dolby Atmos module sounds like compared to a discrete ceiling or in-ceiling speaker setup are welcome to have a listen. Is it true that up-firing speakers will always be inferior? I’ll let you be your own judge.

For those who are interested to see how the Lumagen works its magic on the dynamic tone mapping on low-not display like a laser, projectors are welcome as well.

Lastly, I will share some of my knowledge on home theatre which I have learned throughout my journey and hopefully, it can be useful to you. The knowledge sharing and discussion will focus more on good practices and tips for getting everything right. I am by no means a professional or guru, just an enthusiast helping another. So it will not be me preaching what’s good or bad but rather I expect more casual and open 2-way communication in order to make sharing and discussion more joyous and meaningful.

I plan to set aside every Sat between 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm tentatively. It will not be the case that every Sat I am able to host guests. But not to worry, if the session is cancelled, I will notify you at least 1 day in advance. Besides Sat, I will from time to time, post extra sessions, so do watch out for that as well. Those interested can drop me a PM and let me know your preferred date of visit.

This thread is locked as I do not want this to turn into a conversational thread…

5 Likes

Anyone who wants to drop by to have a demo on the following gears can drop me a DM.

1. JVC NZ7 w/ Dynamic Tone Mapping (DTM) by Lumagen Radiance Pro
  2. Anthem MRX 1140 sound signature
  3. Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers - effective or a hard pass
  4. M & K Sound VS10 12" subwoofers (dual setup)
2 Likes