New Denon/Marantz 2023 lineup to feature Dirac Live!

despite facing challenges from “price attention grabbing” competition from Onkyo Pioneer RZ50/LX505 that comes with full multi-channel preouts and at $300 less than Denon x3800H…

…Denon together with Marantz Cinema50 may still gets it’s crowds support, with the presence of Auro3D processing.

currently @ $200 difference…
Cine60 X2800H
…the choice is clear if buyer is playing PRE-PRO setup with the Marantz, even though the Denon is on the cheaper side of $1.7k

while we’re waiting for the possibility of X1800H to replace X1700H in specs…
螢幕擷取畫面 (150)
@ the price on the same line as X2800H, the Cinema70s let starters of PRE-PRO setup to have an early kickstart.

I can say I am an early adopter of Auro3D. Since the Denon 7200w era, my setup has been Auro3D featuring the VOG. Subsequently I added center height and top middle to fully utilize any potential sound format when using Marantz 8805.

Am a fan of Auro3D when comes to watching concerts or playing music. Never fails to disappoint

2 Likes

Now that Dirac Live is available as an upgrade module for the latest Denon and Marantz Amp/AVR series, Is anyone upgrading it? Pls share your thoughts.

https://support.denon.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15699/~/dirac-live-faqs

It would appear that the Dirac Bass Management module and the latest ART will also be supported by end of the year following Storm Audio exclusive.

1 Like

that is great news to hear

This is the thread from Audioscience review. The cost for Dirac ART and DLBC may be USD1,000!!

Audiosciencereview Thread

:dizzy_face: :scream:

some over there waiting for this year Black Friday discount to get DIRAC.

If the license is linked to the device rather than the user, then this method is going to be a problem with consumers who may want to upgrade their Amp/AVR along the way. There is less incentive for consumers to upgrade to a newer model and indirectly affects the manufacturer sale as well. I think manufacturer will have to work out a special deal with Dirac to make it attractive enough to entice people to continue buying their products and not with their hands binded because of third party calibration s/w causing its slump in sale. The easiest way is to support at license for limited and full bandwidth Dirac live correction but that will not do well with hardcore enthusiast who wish to upgrade to the DLBC and ART module.

A good comparison video from Audioholics…