LG Display (TV/Projector) Owner Thread

For the LG micro led, did they say if there will be othet screen sizes besides 80+ inch?

My suspicion is its very very ex

Finally decided to bite the bullet and place my order! Looking forward now to receiving this new PJ . Big fan of the LG TV and the now the PJ with its web OS apps.

Will share more details along the way, including the calibration features on the LG AU810PB and the rest of the features with pics and first impression, hopefully it doesn’t end up in carousell… :rofl:

What a pity we can’t buy this in Singapore :singapore:

1 Like

Congrats…By the way, I never hear from you about the impression of the JVC projector? I thought a member loan you his unit for you to play?

1 Like

Ya, got the projector but no remote … :rofl: couldn’t do anything. End up idling at home . So never got the chance to start it up. Was contemplating the JVC laser… but haven’t launched… and since the LG is decent at that price, it was pretty hard to resist

Can’t wait now…

Oh no…at the very least, I implore you to fire up and use the physical menu button to make the selection if you can. It may change your opinion…but THEN AGAIN, you already committed to the new LG DLP projector, then I guess its better to let sleeping dog lie…LoL

Lol… wasted, no fate with the JVC , somehow always slip away…

Congratulation. Envy much to be extremely honest

Wow congrats sia. Ordered the version with calman?

Yes bro, specifically went for that model, I’ve checked out the calman calibration technique and workflow, they look so easy and so much more superior to chromapure. But not verified with end results. Still need to look at the final results with the pair of eyes , especially for HDR calibration

Calibration is a lot easier with the auto cal function, more like hitting the button calibrate, go for coffee and breakfast, come back and done. This can be done for various profiles, SDR, day night, game settings, HDR day night game settings . Superior controls for grayscale and luminance, nothing like that on my current PJ, lacking in controls and only single HDR profile, which is a pain

Set arrives this coming Tuesday / Wednesday

You gotta check out the calman auto cal on the LG OLED newer models, very fast and good. It may not have that big an impact if tv is not calibrated, but very big impact with projectors, especially when the screen is bigger, 135-180” , it must be calibrated, very very big difference post calibration

Firmware is also stable, which is really a plus. The koreans are really good with firmware. 0 issues so far with LG. The engineers are quite good at LG , impressed

Can’t wait

I have owned few projectors from panasonic, benq, sony and jvc. So far after jvc i have not tried other brands. Pay one time premium and enjoy till next format come out.

Very nice, which model JVC are u using ? I had a look at the N7, calibrated N7, the tone mapping is awesome as well.

Print out from the manual….

Advanced controls are available on the AU810PB, making it a delight for those who wish to calibrate the PJ

White balance, grayscale , luminance levels of 22 point IRE, CMS controls for tint saturation and luminance, every control you need to dial in the Pj is available there

:point_up::point_up: :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:, a more detailed review

Nice! Exciting!

Wah… Reviews look damn good. If this is true, indeed it is ground breaking at the price!

Jvc rs3000 / NX9

1 Like

So many controls available to play around with various profiles…

Exciting times ahead for you. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes indeed, going through the hundreds of pages now on AVS on this unit, see if I can pick up some neat tricks

What I came across is some guys have actually managed to “unlock” the auto calman feature on the lower end mode 810PW, using some special code

Damn ! Somebody, somewhere, somehow, someone will be able to do it…

Starting off with calman now…

1 Like