Everything about Audyssey Calibration that you need to know

Thanks for the help. Will set the LPF on the AVR to 250hz and perform another Audyssey calibration tonight.

Wow, i can hear quite a big improvement after Audyssey re-calibration with the LPF set to 250Hz. Can i tweak and lower the LPF value on the AVR after this or should i leave it at 250hz? Thanks!

Just leave it there after you calibrated. It gives the full LPF so why not.

Noted with thanks bro!

To use DEQ with RLO, should I level match the sub with other speakers? Currently I have the sub +3db hotter and using flat curve (sounds better to me for music)

If you are using DEQ with RLO, you should re-set the subwoofer level to its default level set by Audyssey first.

I should emphasize that DEQ is targeted at movie watching so for music, you may prefer to turn off DEQ since you already have a flat freq response that you already achieved and any boost in bass is purely up to individual taste. In gist, you may just want to stick with DEQ “off” for music listening. Use DEQ (with RLO if necessary) when you need that extra bass but want to keep the bass clean and tight. The level of your MV will determine how DEQ works and if the latter is not to your liking, use the RLO as a workaround.

1 Like
1 Like

Audyssey making a comeback…Results seems good.

1 Like

Thx for this. Wah the video beri long sia :dizzy_face:

A walkthrough using the s/w.

Hi guys,

Has anyone purchased and tried the Audyssey MultEQ-X for their Denon/Marantz AVR? If so, would appreciate your sharing, findings and thoughts on the SQ improvement of this latest MultEQ-X room calibration S/W over the built-in MultEQ XT/XT32 that comes readily installed on the older model of AVRs. Deliberating if it’s worth taking the plunge (USD199) for my AVC-8500H. Any thoughts and inputs by fellow bros is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I believe Audio is using it iirc. You can visit his forum at hifive.sg to inquire.

I am using the MultEQ-X on my Marantz AV8805
Previously was using the XT32 with mobile app + miniDSP

My take on the MQX, tons of features to use and can calibrate single channel individually
the flexibility are great e.g. can import measurement from REW using UMIK mic

Improvement of the audio from my previous calibration:

1. much better surround effect, its like a sound bubble when sit at MLP
  2. impactful LFE, not bloated even after i pushes the lower end by 5db (2 steps using the PEQ)
  3. the disable auto leveling (which is default in built in app) works wonder
  4. channel separation is very good
  5. looks like an end-game to me, no need to spend further :sweat_smile:

I felt proud when was compliment by a Trinnov user that owns a $200k setup, keeps checking my speakers placement when listen to demo at my place and double confirm that I am “only using” a Marantz

Good investment for the MQX but need to invest time to learn to bring the best out of the setup

Nothing is perfect but I do not always wonder “would Dirac Live do a better in my room?” kind of question :joy:

3 Likes

Thx for the review. Good to hear that meqx is better and see a marked improvement in sound!

Excellent review :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear anecdotal evidence of MultEQ-X can stand shoulder to shoulder with even top-end products like Trinnov. But it will also be great if you willing to try out Dirac Live and ART. The co-existence of Audyssey and Dirac in D&M product looks exciting.

Thanks for the comprehensive review of the Audyssey MultEq-X over the built-in XT32 . Guess it is a no-brainer not to invest in it. Wondering if one can make use of the ACM1HB calibration mic that came with the AVR instead of the recommended ACM1X. Thanks.

Was it hard to master?
I notice that it only works on a PC, not a Mac…

Yes, I only use the audyssey mic that comes with the AVR

1 Like

Only for Windows now
If you are familiar with REW or any calibration software, should be no problem to apply the same concept in MQX

Tutorial in YouTube etc still not that many that I knew but the concepts similar to other software like Dirac etc.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thanks.