Epson Pro Cinema LS12000B 4K laser Projector...hard to beat the value!

At the very least, perform simple calibration like contrast and brightness levels. Just ensure grayscale ramp is free from any black crush towards the end of the 10 to 30 IRE spectrum and there is no exhibition of colorisation at both extremes of the spectrum (10 to 100). This is mostly for SDR content.

For HDR, unless you have the spears and munsil, which you can check the correct black and white reference levels, if not, leave it.

Oh yes. These will be done.

To me “Calibration” will involve grayscale and cms adjustement to meet the rec 709 and dci p3 spec. I do not have a colorimeter to do that. :confused:

1 Like

That’s right. But I won’t sweat over it as I think your Epson LS12000 OOTB colors and black levels are pretty good and spot on. Calibration will certainly bring out the best in your projector but at least you know you always have a choice to do it later in your HT journey. Meanwhile, just enjoy your movies with this great projector :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A direct pq comparison between the TW9400 and the LS12000. For those on the fence.

Have been fine tuning the basic picture controls:

Color Mode: Natural
Brightness: 53
Contrast: 46
Sharpness: 50
Tint: 50
Scene Adaptive Gamma: 8
Gamma: -1
HDR slider: 7

Here are some photo shoot of dark scenes on Netflix 4K “Army of Thieves”.

Pictures taken with iphone 12 at 4 meter from screen while movie is playing. They are cropped without additional image processing. No matter, these pictures are just for reference and serve as eye candies and do not 100% represent the actual image

4 Likes

Hi Guys any one looking at Epson LS 12000 , can also try out to match with different screen material options .

Example the Cyrus Cine Pj Natural white 1.2 fixed frame or tap tension .

Or Cyrus cine Pj Opti White 1.15 in Fixed or Tap tesion .

Both are ideal for total dark doom / thetre mode viewing coditions. Likely for the purist video phile

Alternative will be the Cyrus cine Pj Titanium screen 1 gain for better colour and blacks with some ambient lights on . This allow another options on viewing not just pitch black . Basically it has ALR ability .

Even if lights off theatre mode you can do another preset calibration to optimize viewing .

2 Likes

oh i had a chance to visit bro Kaydee sometime back to check out the Dali speakers and took the opportunity to check out the Epson too, thanks for the invite. just came across this thread.

Magnificent image quality from the Epson, the OOTB image is very close to calibrated colors and details were good with plenty of lumens. I enjoyed the demo session

its a very good quality Projector for the price. Totally worth it

2 Likes

Yah …man , i am doing a few projects with PJ 12000 as combi there is a mixed request some wanted the Grey ALR 1 gain screen material and another like the White 1.15 or 1.2 gain.

As i have shared , viewers have options depending on their viewing prefference . Pure theater or Cinema ambient condition or those likes a bit of ambient lights.

Both screen material type will works is the owners requirement i guess .

1 Like

hi all…I’m new here…driven by the interest of getting LS12000…cant seem to PM threadstarter to ask bout advice/price/where to get…need to replace my current 1080p epson…thanks all

I think KEC carries it, u can try giving them a call

2 Likes

Thanks Roni… will check with them…btw…my current receiver amp Denon X4000 can it process the audio and pass thru 4K video to the projector?..my source is NVIDIA SHEILD PRO 4K

this UHD player and streamer able to output to both projector and amp/receiver if I understand correctly?..so I do not need to upgrade my receiver to 4k type?..

Call KEC and look for Clarence. Enjoy your new toy :slight_smile:

I believe this model has hdmi 1.4 and not 2.0. No problem with pass through for 4K 24/30hz material. Not 4K 60hz gaming though.

Yes, you are correct.

1 Like

Thanks … I think I got my Epson from hi
Too back in 2015

1080p SDR on the Epson LS12000B
(50% laser power)

Apple TV screen saver on 4K HDR
(65% laser power)

Netflix “Blonde” in 4K HDR Love this movie but it depresses me
(65% laser power)

2 Likes

Brilliant skin tones…I always love Epson’s way of displaying skin tones.

Did you try calibrating? Recently when I tried manual calibration on my 2016 Samsung TV with Calman Home. Turned out to be easier than I imagined

Nice ! Bright and natural