Epson Pro Cinema LS12000B 4K laser Projector...hard to beat the value!

I must say it’s very clean front stage. :grinning:

1 Like

Look for Mr Gan from windows image. His contact: 6893 9555

1 Like

T u bro for sharing the contact

Michael is one rare breed in the local HT community that prefers upmixing using Auro 3D over the more well known and accepted sound format like Dolby Atmos and DTS X MSTR which are object based sound formats. The sound stage is wider and more diffused just like my implementation of Dolby Atmos enabled speakers. The difference is I prefer object based sound format. His speaker setup does conform to the Dolby Atmos speaker layout if anyone is curious to know but he just prefer to use Auro 3D when playback movies. I did encourage members to visit his place to have a listen to his 2 channel setup which in my opinion is pretty good, at least to my untrained ears, as I’m no audiophile. Do drop him a pm to arrange with him. He’s very hospitable. Lol…

I think this is not the right thread to talk about this and I’ll put a stop here. Perhaps Michael may wish to make a separate post titled Michael’s HT den to share more about his experience and his taste in 2 channel music and movies.

Now let’s get back to the topic on Epson LS12000.

3 Likes

:+1::hugs:

Auro3D FTW!

And yes! Need to listen to stereo. At least he got proper grills on and definitely sounded awesome!

I can never understand what’s with the grille on and off. Some say it will “color” the sound and cause and once removed, the sound comes “alive”. All I know is…the speaker grille serves a function…to protect your investment against external elements like dust and “human” accident. Unless you are a hermit and don’t invite people to come to your home, then I would say the removal of the grille is fine, otherwise just leave it on, if the speakers sounded great, it “sound” great regardless.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

I prefers mine on grill. Some prefers cloth… Lol

1 Like

White one look scary at night :ghost:

Huh?

Thanks Micheal for your hosting. The Epson LS12000B 4k out from the box viewing is already impressive. The black level & the colours tone was good to my eyes without any calibration. The brightness was a bit brighter for me but can be easily adjust to personal liking. Next will visit Michael again after the calibration. The PJ is vfm and service backup supprot also from Singapore.

6 Likes

This looks scary when the lights go off…

2 Likes

Lol :laughing: :rofl: :joy: :joy_cat: :laughing:

Hey Bro, Wow Congratulations :confetti_ball: :clap: :bouquet:

Started with Natural setting, laser power 75%, SAG 8 and HDR setting at 7.
Plenty bright with room to lower laser power to 65% or 70%.

Source is Zidoo Z1000 pro with VS10 (HDR, DV content) turned on.

Pictures taken with iphone 12 at 4 meter from screen while movie is playing. They are cropped without additional image processing. No matter, these pictures are just for reference and serve as eye candies and do not 100% represent the actual image

Aquaman

Ford vs Ferrari

4 Likes

Very nice…I truly love the natural skin tones of this projector. Epson has never disappoint me when it comes to flesh tone. Not even JVC can get it right out of the box.

3 Likes

Wow! the PQ looks good and the color accuracy seems quite accurate & balanced. Is this OOTB PQ or calibrated?

@Foodie its ootb.

so good. Gives the LG laser PJ a good competition!

Any plans to do further picture calibration? Confirm it will be eye nirvana! :smiley:

Likely will skip calibration. :grin: