Drama series that you have watched , loved and enjoyed

Need to watch this next, Blackpink’s Jisoo in this one, rating 8.9 for a romance drama no joke…

Wow… need to check this one out also

Happiness was good, not too bad. Enjoyed lthat one

Next up is this one below , uncontrollably fond

This lady is damn pretty, suzie bae…

You gotta check out this song below… then watch it with the movie… then You can feel every ounce of emotion from the music

Romance story and prepare standby tissue…

If the system is good, you will enjoy this one. It will elevate your drama watching experience to another level

That’s now good it is…

My wife is hooked by “juvenile justice” from NF. Really not bad. It talks about teenage crimes and the challenges faced by parents. Pretty real and I think it’s quite educational for parents too

1 Like

I will catch up with that , looks good juvenile justice, something different.

Now continue on with Bae Suzy drama… she is so good

This is quite nice as well

While you were sleeping, something different

I really enjoy the quality from the K dramas, I love the songs as well. I don’t understand what they are signing but I just love it ! Cannot explain why I love the K dramas … lol

Watching this one now , Lee Joon Gi, very nice. Not bad

Finally after exactly 1 month, completed dialing in the system with the new anthem AVM90. Finally mr & Mrs can enjoy some k drama.

So we started this, and it’s very nice. It’s a romance drama and it’s very cute! Yumi’s Cell. The story is a bit like the animation “inside out” where there human emotion cells, hungry cells , anger cells , love cells all within your body start communicating with each other , so cute ! Must watch if u like romance dramas, so creative the Koreans

Season 2 is also very nice according to friends, songs are awesome too.

Still at EP5, nice

This is very nice! Love it, thriller… very exciting

Title Bug Mouth, on Disney+

Big* Mouth… :sweat_smile:

Very nice and interesting, lotsa twist. I was watching one Chinese drama recently, starring Dilraba, the beauty queen. 42 episodes

The gap in standards is huge between K drama and Chinese drama… much better story telling from the Koreans…

This one gets you thinking and adrenaline pumping … very nice … don’t miss… gets better from EP9 on…

This is another very good K drama, currently on season 2, so refreshing with the ideas from the scriptwriter, really good story telling and fantastic chemistry between the lead actor and actress

Highly recommended

As usual, song is so good as well

They launched new songs along the way to go with the drama, they are so so good…

One thing I have really enjoyed is the emotions from the song…, u can feel every bit of it in the music… so so good watching this K drama with beautiful music on the system

The passive horn radiator is fantastic when listening to female vocals with extended decay in the high frequencies, so so addictive you keep playing the music over and over again ….a few times I gotta hold my tears backs… so emo when the songs come on during the drama … very good the director

I’m sorry….

Blue flower

Scars leave beautiful trace

So addictive like drugs ! U cant stop !

It’s season finale this weekend season 2!

Watching another K drama now , just started yesterday

The Glory on Netflix

Another good drama about school bullies…

All sorts of interesting stories and they are so so refreshing !

And another on prime video, it’s called unlock my boss . Apparently the soul of the boss is stuck inside a handphone :rofl: . Oh dear… imagine your boss is stuck inside a phone and you go… woo Hoo!! Hahahaha… so creative

You gotta watch these man! They are very very good. So much so that I don’t even watch English or Chinese or any other dramas! It’s just K dramas all the way…. I love all the new ideas and refreshing stories introduced by the Korean directors…

Lee Jung Sok the actor in Big Mouth, just won best actor in a K drama for year 2022! Both he and Yuna won best couple in a drama for 2022 as well!

Well done ! Fantastic drama indeed ! Very good acting by both, congrats !

Watching this Korean game show now, very nice ! Kan Cheong ….

We have a Singapore contestant as well! Not bad !

This one :point_up: very good , must watch :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

My female colleague told me she sobbed many times watching this.

1 Like

Yea, so good. Story is very nice, very refreshing and in some of the scenes you can relate… the Koreans are so good and creative

Love all the K dramas…

This won’t be spoiler-free so if you have the intention to check this out, don’t read on.

I am always in search of the next great K-drama for a binge-watch. After The Glory there was nothing enticing and then I heard about The Good Bad Mother from the usual grapevine. The story didn’t captivate me but last week I met up with a 70-year-old Pokémon Go aunty friend and everything changed. WTF… who am I kidding? I actually meet her every day except Sunday for Pokemon Go and she told me about the Kdrama. It was how she shared it that made me want to take a chance. Her face lit up and there were a barrage of varied vocabulary flowing out like honey. That night, after Slow Horses S2, I told Choo we give The Good Bad Mother an episode.

I told Choo nothing about the plot and in half an hour she drew out the long plot – pig farm will be burned, kid will grow up and wreak revenge on the scumbags with his mother. She is absolutely right. The thing about The Good Bad Mother is that it is very predictable. The foreshadow and build-up already cement what will happen in the future. I didn’t find that a problem because sometimes the point of the game is the journey and not the destination, but there is something in this K-drama I find very irksome – the pantomiming villagers. I know it is a K-drama staple but there is a way to make it less condescending, a great example will be Crash Landing On You. Here, the writers really push the ridiculousness to a whole new level with so many dubious sub-plots that add nothing to the main spine. A case in point is the wife of the village head who always dons a face mask. I was at my in-laws over the weekend and I asked my sis-in-law who has already seen the show whether her face will be revealed in the final episode. She replied yes in a pitch higher than usual, I knew it. I just felt it is a running gag that got on my nerves after one episode.

I actually wanted to shelf the show but oh my goodness… Choo loves it. Over the run of the first episode she was laughing away at all the silly antics; she wasn’t merely laughing, she was laughing with her entire body. So I decided to watch on and to watch it vicariously through Choo’s eyes. Gradually, it started to charm my socks off with its heartfelt emotions and small town charm.

At this precise moment we still have 4.5 episodes to go and it is still not getting into the groove of the essential revenge arc. I love how the writer does a Rashomon on the plot – letting you see scenes from one perspective and you will see the same scene from another perspective that will make you re-evaluate everything you thought happened. I love the gentle love story between Choi Kang-ho (I knew by naming him Kang-ho, I will be hearing a joke about Song Kang-ho and it did happen) and Lee Mi-joo. I love the two kids who really tug at the aw-shucks heartstrings. But most of all, I love the mother-and-son relationship between Kang-ho and Young-soon. I have seen Ma Mi-ran play so many throwaway mother and aunty roles, but this is the role of a lifetime for her. For me, the best thing about this show flows out of this relationship.

I am not a really techie person and whenever I hear the word “reset” a cold chill always runs down my spine. I fear when I press “reset” on my hifi, laptop or modem, the problem won’t be solved but if it is solved I forgot about the reset immediately. The mother-and-son relationship here goes on a hard reset because Kang-ho gets into an accident which we soon find out is an attempted murder. After the accident the estranged son has the mind of a 7-year-old and can’t walk. The mother has to take care of him once more but for me it isn’t a tragedy because the mother gets to love her son in an unfettered way and brings him up in the best possible way, allowing him to have a childhood he never had, changing the overbearing way she brought him up in.

The show is also about learning how to die and my eyes are already watering at this point I am typing this. Young-soon learns she has a terminal disease and she goes through the whole spectrum of emotions here. That’s the thing about life – you sometimes get dealt cards that mean “game over”, but it is quite affirming to see Young-soon get down to the business of dying with grace, making sure her son gets the care after she is gone. A lump always goes to my throat at those scenes and I lost it last night when she rehearsed with her son what he needs to say to people at her funeral.

The show is about tough love. The love for your son and daughter isn’t based on gifts and trips to far flung places. Sometimes as a parent you need to get tough with your kids and in Young-son’s case throwing her son in a lake so he uses his legs to stand or get drowned.

There is still a week of school holidays, this is a good Kdrama to watch with the whole family. If you love tearjerkers you won’t be go wrong with this. Remember… Brave people don’t need tissues.

PS – I will post what I think about the ending when we are done.

——

We are done. We saved the last episode for tonight. In the end the revenge arc was over pretty quick and too conveniently wrapped up. But Choo said that the emphasis was never on the revenge but on relationships and I have to agree. Judging on this aspect alone, this one nails the ending. It’s not the best Kdrama I have seen, but it has oodles of heart and it’s very life-affirming.

1 Like

So good the way you do your reviews… I almost teared up again remembering those scenes… quite sad but that’s the fact of life …

The two kids were very cute too… I liked them

And that actor is one helluva annoying neighbour, his voice … oh my… so annoying… big success playing the role of the annoying neighbour

Hyeon-jin Baek

IMG_5687