Demo and catch up at Roni’s

Francis, do you have the timestamp for the movie 21 bridges ? Which scene is that ? I can check it out, cut out for sharing if it’s good

Ok glad it is the correct scene! I’ll test it out soon to find out. Now still testing LAN cable

Last week LAN cable blind test shootout was another fantastic session with the guys . Nothing beats blind test

Telegartner 8.1, DH labs, ampcom cat8, supra cat 8, divini, uGreen cat 7, cat6, cat5

A little bit more work to go with dialing in stereo

One at13.00 and the other 46.07, both solid mid base presentation at its best!

1 Like

Wah …kudos to you bro . Non of the dealers in AV line can top your set up .

2 Likes

I got some 3 tier Hifi rack on carousell for $300! Thanks to bro tikto intro, what a steal that one.

Some of the guys asked me, “ bro you keep upgrading, if there is anything else you would want to upgrade, what would it be?”

I told them this console

Completing my vibration control exercise, I’ve learnt a lot of stuff. Hence, having knocked on the wood with my knuckles “ Tok Tok Tok” on the 1.8m console, I realised that is another weak link that needed improvement.

If acoustics comes first in any room, vibration control, comes in second in my opinion. There is so much benefits with vibration control

Just dismantled the system, moving away the TV console, Re-organising the cables, just look at the nightmare that’s about to hit me

Need to eliminate/dispose all unnecessary stuff

Here is the same varititan hifi rack I got in, what a steal at $300 for 3 tier

The other benefits with the hifi rack and elimination of that long console, I can now move the LR speakers, closer to a distance of 3m apart. This will then form the perfect equilateral triangle between speakers to MLP, 3M-3M-3M distance

The mains now get to move inner at the spot highlighted in yellow , with the speakers first reflection point behind it being a bass trap, there is tremendous benefits with this approach.

I always advocate having bass traps at the front stage, which tackles the early reflection points, and have diffusion at the late reflection points. This approach deployed has been very effective so far

The range in purple is exactly 3m

Finally, the toe in at 10 degrees works best in my set up after various measurements and experiments

I always tell the guys, No Pain No Gain !

I’m glad I made the efforts, and found out what sounds best to me with the current set up

With the final piece of divini PTY PC in the house for the 8 channel amplifier, this is one demo you don’t wanna miss…

It is now several levels up from the previous session I hosted, last year , the line arrays are scary good !

For the first time, I’m experiment “bouncy ULF”… totally no other words to describe

With line arrays, bouncy ULF is very addictive

Alfie, 9/10 are almost deeply :skull_and_crossbones: With Acoustic transparent screen when centre speakers and front height Atmos are tucked behind the AT screen after the demo

There is no turning back, they go home with impression “ gotta figure out how to do it” type of feeling.

I’m strongly advocating the use of AT screens with speakers tucked behind screen and front height Atmos tucked behind

I would highly recommend them to you, if you have good solutions for AT screen and built. I used to work with Wenson, together on the acoustics . I can share more details with you if needed.

Let me know if you good solutions for AT screens, trust me, it will be good for business :grin:

NGSK, your turn next, go PJ, no 77” OLED , if possible. still so expensive OLED. Next year they will come out with OLED 2021 model, then they add in new feature hdmi 2.1, then the salesman will tell you, take this model better, same price but has better features

The price never drops. 3 years ago I got the C7, until now, never dropped… not in SG

1 Like

LoL…Projector is addictive if you have the space. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally moved the old console to the balcony kids playing area , job done for that

So began my nightmare soon after…

The Mrs looked at me, she goes “ Jiak Pa siao eng bo Su zho”, it means too free after dinner, nothing to do… :rofl: and the kids go asking, what does it mean ?! They don’t understand Hokkien :joy:

So that’s the ugly side of things, cable management, when you have so many channels and equipment to handle . Arranging and segregation is another work

Also taking the opportunity to swap out the 10 year old banana plugs, looks a bit oxidised, to spades. At the same time cleaning and dusting the internals.

It is Also the perfect time to clean the binding post with 99.9% concentration isopropyl alcohol

Getting it done once and for all, so no touching cables after this ! :rofl:

Suddenly I heard a faint sound, some whispers in the background “ Wo ting xian!”… :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Well, that’s the Mrs saying “ don’t talk too soon”…

Famous last words…my Xmc-2 is half way here already so I know what my next HIFI job will be in the coming days…

I thought mine is messy with those cables. :scream: yours is truly a nightmare. :rofl:

lol, always the case… but trying not to

On the bright side, Thank god I don’t have cables like these below

:sweat_smile:

Got the speaker cables arranged! Next is the complicated trigger cables ( which triggers which), followed by hdmi cables, LAN cables then interconnects and finally power cable

Fuu… nightmare resumes…

The next time the missus says my cables are messy, I know what photos to show her… :rofl:

Good right ? Feel free to show . Then u can go… at least ours not so bad :rofl:

Lol

I did a big tidy up on mine about a year ago, not much changed since then but the new atmos readiness about to happen will make things all change so all my good looming work will need to be undone and redone again. Yeah the line level runs triggers for 24 channels of amplification won’t be fun…it’s only 13 now.

Blue lights will be everywhere hahahaha

1 Like

Imagine if u r a serious audiophile… and you have your collections like the below…

Lol :joy:

Imagine if like me your speakers are active…that’s 9 pairs just for 2 sets of speakers. :crazy_face: and that’s just for Jazz!!!

You are very happy and want to up keep and maintain to a better standart . Is all good if you ask me. Is great to have good house keeping .

1 Like

Finally completed !! Still some work, to check the connectivity etc. Can’t imagine if wired incorrectly. I did, check again twice and thrice to make sure it is connected correctly

Xbox series x have to go to the back of the left speakers , finally now can bring the LR speakers closer

Here is when it’s covered up now not in use

Fuu… puncet!! Until 1am

Gotta dial in again for stereo and then HT, minor adjustments to Main speakers , should be fast

Can’t wait now

1 Like

In the process, lost these 2 rubber rings on the footers the green and brown rubber ring got lost and finding it is like looking a for a needle in a haystack

Luckily it’s under warranty and able to get a replacement from Steve Sky audio