BenQ W4000i Promising Ultra Short Throw Lens 4LED Projector

This was great install for this location as client get to up grade Cyrus cine PJ screen to 100" 16:9 and install BenQ w4000i on the same projector bracket place without re- install which will be very dusty and dirty .

1 Like

The client has own the 123" Cyrus cine PJ screen for 10 years and just replace the new material.

Also up graded the projector to BenQ w4000i . Due to it was mid throw lens the options was to do side shot, with aid of lens shift and keystone correction ( not ideal but client was willing to have compromise )

They chose both screen and pj as it complimented and good combo after looking at the demo .

Top was bright scene and bottom is the dark scene to compare picture depth and quality .

As long as the client is happy, you did your part. :slight_smile:

Yes they are extremly happy that the unit is able to solve their position issue with the BenQ and still retain the Cyrus 10 year old screen of 123" 16 :9 Crystal white material .

The 4k / UHD with 0.65 chip is fantastic even on a side shot position .

There will be a few more install hope to up date soon .

2 Likes

Another those year end projects rush and need to works out well .
Fortunately have item instock and ready to install .

Challenge is the height of PJ which because it is small it did not look over powering .

2 Likes

This set up the ID works is more important than a correct AV placement and equipment . Not massive into AV stuff but needs it to be minimum and functional .

Job scope was to give consultation on what is available planned and provide technical info to also work with 4 different party ( ID / Carpenter / Maincon / Owner ) to create a clean and sleek look .

2 Likes

Finally managed to dispose my UST n upgraded to this after much research n a short in-person demo.

To accommodate the rear placement, I had to augment the back cabinet with additional carpentry to raise the absorber.

Unfortunately the vertical lens shift is quite limited, thus I had to flip the prj. I resisted installing a ceiling mount thus install a platform for the prj to sit.

1 Like

Out of the box the quality is already very good.
However since I ran my source thru the HD Fury Vertex 2 with LLDV color mapping, I had to tweak the saturation, brightness n contrast “to taste”

The Dune scene is especially impressive… using my prev Prj,it comes out totally washed out and no amount of adjustment tweaks gives a satisfactory result

2 Likes

Full simple set up for a clients Toys collectables room.

Custome made Cyrus cine Motorize screen and Benq w4000i .

Custome modified bracket for triple safety ( Clamp speakers modified screw to to speakers + Loctite ) Marantz slim line .

1 Like