Avatar 2: The Way of Water teaser

Very bright indeed, pop

Maybe I should post a screenshot of this scene with Lumagen Radiance Pro and see how it stack up with MadVR :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is HP?

From mobile phone , Hand Phone

Guys , use this file, high quality trailer …

That’s the one I used. I shot with old iPhone X. The stark difference is also in the details of the red hair

Definitely. Am waiting to see.

Out of curiosity, I tried the scene on my 2016 Samsung TV, which I use as a monitor. This is a lower end first generation Samsung, so it’s HDR implementation is quite basic. Only reaches about 400 nits and HDR covers just 65% of DCI-P3. So colors should be less vibrant, especially the green and reds and it barely exceeds Rec 709 even in HDR mode. However, it is calibrated by me manually using Calman and I think the colors are as accurate as this old TV can display, given its age. The basket comes out quite clearly though in 4K HDR. The colors look slightly more vibrant than Bryan’s monitor in SDR.

1 Like

The gamut coverage in the CEI chart showing that P3 has brighter greens and more vibrant reds over Rec 709, which accounts for the difference when the monitor is SDR or only displays a subset of P3

Your HP is calibrated well :+1:

@Foodie any chance of seeing this scene on your carefully calibrated latest generation OLED? Should be the reference pic

Should look fantastic on the OLED !

I’ve seen the picture quality on Quantum Dot OLED , holy they are the reference now ! Sony’s QD OLED

Let me try ha when the kids are asleep.

Is this file on sdr or hdr?

Choose the HDR-X file on Youtube. That is the best quality and the only one in HDR

1 Like

The handphone version doesn’t look as good. It plays back dolby vision as well, but not calibrated… so I can see the colours look off…

@Foodie completed your hdr calibration? So many different shades of Green from avatar lady… :rofl: I’m struggling to tell which is the reference green… lol

Your handphone pic colors actually looks quite close to my Panasonic OLED which is calibrated with Calman autocal. So your phone is pretty good.

However, @Foodie would have the best calibration as he has a meter that was profiled with a spectro right before he did the calibration of his latest generation OLED and he was using PGenerator, which is allegedly more bit accurate than LG’s pattern generator

Ha… I havent really deployed the Pgen yet for full calibration. Has been crazy with the sch holidays, kiddos taking turns to fall sick for few months, and now preparing for cny!

For hdr, i did a calibration with a profiled meter w my oled. But the shadow level detail calibration aint perfect yet.

For sdr, need to do a 13pt grid when i have time. Currently i only did a lightning grid to test shadow level detail and the profiling to save time b4 i invest time to plunge into a full grid calibration for the SDR 3DLUT. Really put off by the grid’s long calibration duration :tired_face:

Take your time. Family comes first, the rest can wait.

Would be interesting to see as well how it looks on the Epson laser and JVC laser, Sony laser, Sony laser lumagen combo. Then we can line them up top to bottom…

If I cut the pic, I can see a nice contrast and image

Her hair is mixture of red and brown, that yellow in the eyes, and the black tattoo on her chin…so much details on the big screen

So far we have mostly LG Laser PJ owners with the calibrated pj, but yet somehow it does look different on all. The green skin looks so different on all the pics…

Anyone jvc NX9 owners? How does the pic look on this PJ ?

For HDR, Calman only offers Matrix LUT, which is a 3D LUT created using 3x3 matrix mathematics of reading just five color patches. It takes 30 seconds.

The question is how good is this HDR color calibration for our LG AU/HU810 when you using math on 5 reads? For SDR, we have observed that the 17pt 3D LUT is much better than the Lightning LUT, and that the Lightning LUT still takes about 5 minutes, while the 17 pt 3D LUT takes 5-6 hrs and involves 4,913 reads. Problem is that Calman Home for LG has no way to do a pre/post to see how good or bad the Matrix LUT isbecause of issues with LG’s pattern generator.